Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 01:37 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 01:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 106 [4]
Given Kudos: 32
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 106 [1]
Given Kudos: 32
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Kanagat wrote:
HI Everyone!

I was wondering if EA Deadlines has been changed, recently I have received from one of the MBA Consulting firms that deadlines for DUKE MBA has been changed. Unfortunately could not find that email, do you have any news on that?

Regards,
Potential Candidate for Duke Fuqua MBA

Welcome to the forum! The deadlines posted on this thread have been taken from Fuqua's portal. I am not aware of any change in them. The Duke page still shows same deadlines https://www.fuqua.duke.edu/programs/day ... acts-dates

On a separate note, I encourage you, and all other prospective applicants, to introduce yourself to other applicants - what is your professional background, what you want to do after MBA, and of course why Duke.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [1]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022 [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Indian & Asian applicants, along with white male bankers, really encouraging you to apply to EA for Duke and all other schools (Darden, UNC, CBS and IESE for those interested in European recruitment) If the school does not officially have an EA round, apply the first of 4 rounds. You will still need to do well on all aspects of the application of course, but EA greatly improves odds for overrepresented candidates. There are only so many "seats" that can go to each profile so early bird gets the worm.
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [1]
Send PM
Expert Reply
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Indian & Asian applicants, along with white male bankers, really encouraging you to apply to EA for Duke and all other schools (Darden, UNC, CBS and IESE for those interested in European recruitment) If the school does not officially have an EA round, apply the first of 4 rounds. You will still need to do well on all aspects of the application of course, but EA greatly improves odds for overrepresented candidates. There are only so many "seats" that can go to each profile so early bird gets the worm.

Good point! Looking at the profiles of forum members who are applying EA this year, nearly 60% come from overrepresented background i.e. Asians or Americans of Finance background which means many of them know that their chances of acceptance are higher in early round. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Is the application not available to start yet? I went to the Fuqua site and from the Apply page all I could find was general info and a statement saying "We are no longer accepting applications for the class beginning in 2019. The application for the class beginning in 2020 will be available in late summer."

With the early action deadline only 6 weeks away I thought it'd be available to at least start by now.

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Conquer99 wrote:
Is the application not available to start yet? I went to the Fuqua site and from the Apply page all I could find was general info and a statement saying "We are no longer accepting applications for the class beginning in 2019. The application for the class beginning in 2020 will be available in late summer."

With the early action deadline only 6 weeks away I thought it'd be available to at least start by now.

Looking at this comment made in last year's thread, full time application was not opened even 4 weeks before the EA submission date, so I guess you will have to wait at least for a week or so.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 164 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GPA: 4
Send PM
Kudos
Conquer99 wrote:

The application portal seems to be up and running now. You will need to create a Onelink ID for login. All the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [1]
Given Kudos: 58
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
Kudos
Application is up and running. You can also sign up for a visit and interview
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
BingingOnNetflix wrote:

Good luck to all applicants!

BingingOnNetflix, are you visiting Duke campus for the interview?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 58
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
Narenn wrote:
BingingOnNetflix wrote:

Good luck to all applicants!

BingingOnNetflix, are you visiting Duke campus for the interview?

Yes, I will be visiting campus for the interview. Very excited to check out the campus and sit in on a class
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Fuqua has a MSTEM certification program which is considered for OPT visa. Can anybody tell me if it is possible for a daytime MBA candidate at Fuqua to do a specialization as well as MSTEM certification from Fuqua. For example, Can one do both an energy specialization as well as MSTEM?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
The terms of Fuqua’s Early Action Round are as follows:
1. Candidates who apply through the Early Action Round may apply to other MBA programs. However they agree not to apply to other binding admissions programs. If admitted to the Daytime MBA program, Early Action candidates agree that they will immediately withdraw their applications at other schools and refrain from submitting new applications.
2. Early Action candidates must apply no later than September 19, 2019.
3. Early Action candidates will be notified about their status no later than October 28, 2019. Some Early Action candidates may be held for review in the regular cycle; candidates who are held for consideration in the regular cycle will no longer be bound by the terms of the Early Action agreement.
4. Applicants are not required to participate in Fuqua’s Early Action Round, and can apply in Rounds 1, 2, or 3

I got the above instructions from the Fuqua's early admission application portal.

Does the above condition mean that 'if selected for Fuqua', the candidate has to withdraw application from other B-schools by 28th October?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Fuqua has a MSTEM certification program which is considered for OPT visa. Can anybody tell me if it is possible for a daytime MBA candidate at Fuqua to do a specialization as well as MSTEM certification from Fuqua. For example, Can one do both an energy specialization as well as MSTEM?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Can somebody explain what's the difference between 'Energy finance ' & 'Energy & Environment' course at Fuqua?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Hi All,

Quick question on recommendation section, can we add 3 recommendations? It looks like system allows it.

I would like to use 1) Current supervisor 2) Previous supervisor 3) Volunteering activities , I believe each recommendations will be valuable and provide different view on my profile.

Thanks.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8833 [1]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Kano1 wrote:
Hi All,

Quick question on recommendation section, can we add 3 recommendations? It looks like system allows it.

I would like to use 1) Current supervisor 2) Previous supervisor 3) Volunteering activities , I believe each recommendations will be valuable and provide different view on my profile.

Thanks.

Kano1

I see the following on their website. This may be the reason why you can add 3 letters of recommendation.

https://www.fuqua.duke.edu/programs/day ... structions

Quote:
Bonus recommendation from Fuqua students and alumni

In addition to the two required recommendations, you may provide additional recommendations from our alumni or current students.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [2]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
workout and Kano1 I don't think you are supposed to upload an additional letter from students/alumni because they provided a specific link for what is commonly termed a "letter of support." Just wanted to clarify this is the link to be used for that. https://admissions.fuqua.duke.edu/register/?id=2c0d233d-31b3-47cf-bff4-4081d1fd2f41

Not sure why the 3 recommendations thing - maybe so reapplicants can submit the 2 previous recs and the 1 new rec? Anyways, new applicants are limited to 2 and that is clearly stated.

I like the idea of having one manager reference and one reference from community involvement, if you have a leadership position in the NGO and/or have made a significant impact there. Shows a "habit of leadership" and you appear more well rounded. It helps the adcom get to know you better; more sides to you, making you appear more *real* to them than a piece of paper. Helps separate you.
workout wrote:
Kano1 wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks.

Kano1

I see the following on their website. This may be the reason why you can add 3 letters of recommendation.

https://www.fuqua.duke.edu/programs/day ... structions

Quote:
Bonus recommendation from Fuqua students and alumni

In addition to the two required recommendations, you may provide additional recommendations from our alumni or current students.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8833 [2]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
I am excited to announce that vinayakvaish will be the Duke Fuqua moderator and lead this discussion. He is also the moderator for Cornell Johnson.

He is applying to Duke and a few other schools this year. We look forward to seeing new initiatives being taken by him for the prospective Duke applicants.

Please join me in welcoming the new Duke Fuqua Class of 2022 moderator! :)

vinayakvaish Please introduce yourself when you get a chance.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  20   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts