GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Oct 2019, 21:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  
BSchool Moderator
B
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2019, 00:16
Welcome all Fuqua class of 2022 hopefuls. Let's use this platform to know each-other, exchange ideas, discuss app strategies, and some profile discussions may be? Give a shout out!

Application Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis

Fuqua 2020 App Status Tracker | Add your name to the tracker

BSchool Moderator
B
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2019, 00:16

Duke Fuqua MBA Deadlines

RoundApplication DueDecisions Released
Early ActionSep 19, 19Oct 28, 19
Round 1Oct 14, 19Dec 18, 19
Round 2Jan 6, 20Mar 18, 20
Round 3Mar 11, 20Apr 20, 20
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GPA: 3.5
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2019, 02:32
HI Everyone!

I was wondering if EA Deadlines has been changed, recently I have received from one of the MBA Consulting firms that deadlines for DUKE MBA has been changed. Unfortunately could not find that email, do you have any news on that?

Regards,
Potential Candidate for Duke Fuqua MBA
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2019, 06:22
Kanagat wrote:
HI Everyone!

I was wondering if EA Deadlines has been changed, recently I have received from one of the MBA Consulting firms that deadlines for DUKE MBA has been changed. Unfortunately could not find that email, do you have any news on that?

Regards,
Potential Candidate for Duke Fuqua MBA

Welcome to the forum! The deadlines posted on this thread have been taken from Fuqua's portal. I am not aware of any change in them. The Duke page still shows same deadlines https://www.fuqua.duke.edu/programs/day ... acts-dates

On a separate note, I encourage you, and all other prospective applicants, to introduce yourself to other applicants - what is your professional background, what you want to do after MBA, and of course why Duke.

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
INSEAD School Moderator
D
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 04 Jul 2019, 09:12
Indian & Asian applicants, along with white male bankers, really encouraging you to apply to EA for Duke and all other schools (Darden, UNC, CBS and IESE for those interested in European recruitment) If the school does not officially have an EA round, apply the first of 4 rounds. You will still need to do well on all aspects of the application of course, but EA greatly improves odds for overrepresented candidates. There are only so many "seats" that can go to each profile so early bird gets the worm.
V
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 04 Jul 2019, 22:29
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Indian & Asian applicants, along with white male bankers, really encouraging you to apply to EA for Duke and all other schools (Darden, UNC, CBS and IESE for those interested in European recruitment) If the school does not officially have an EA round, apply the first of 4 rounds. You will still need to do well on all aspects of the application of course, but EA greatly improves odds for overrepresented candidates. There are only so many "seats" that can go to each profile so early bird gets the worm.

Good point! Looking at the profiles of forum members who are applying EA this year, nearly 60% come from overrepresented background i.e. Asians or Americans of Finance background which means many of them know that their chances of acceptance are higher in early round. :)

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2019, 08:08
Is the application not available to start yet? I went to the Fuqua site and from the Apply page all I could find was general info and a statement saying "We are no longer accepting applications for the class beginning in 2019. The application for the class beginning in 2020 will be available in late summer."

With the early action deadline only 6 weeks away I thought it'd be available to at least start by now.

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Section Director
V
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2019, 22:13
Conquer99 wrote:
Is the application not available to start yet? I went to the Fuqua site and from the Apply page all I could find was general info and a statement saying "We are no longer accepting applications for the class beginning in 2019. The application for the class beginning in 2020 will be available in late summer."

With the early action deadline only 6 weeks away I thought it'd be available to at least start by now.

Looking at this comment made in last year's thread, full time application was not opened even 4 weeks before the EA submission date, so I guess you will have to wait at least for a week or so.

Manager
Manager
G
Concentration: Technology, General Management
WE: Operations (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 07 Aug 2019, 03:13
Conquer99 wrote:

The application portal seems to be up and running now. You will need to create a Onelink ID for login. All the best!
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Aug 2019, 23:17
Application is up and running. You can also sign up for a visit and interview
MBA Section Director
V
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 09 Aug 2019, 01:17
BingingOnNetflix wrote:

Good luck to all applicants!

BingingOnNetflix, are you visiting Duke campus for the interview?

Tuck School Moderator
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Aug 2019, 19:28
Narenn wrote:
BingingOnNetflix wrote:

Good luck to all applicants!

BingingOnNetflix, are you visiting Duke campus for the interview?

Yes, I will be visiting campus for the interview. Very excited to check out the campus and sit in on a class
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.2
Coursework  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Aug 2019, 21:42
Fuqua has a MSTEM certification program which is considered for OPT visa. Can anybody tell me if it is possible for a daytime MBA candidate at Fuqua to do a specialization as well as MSTEM certification from Fuqua. For example, Can one do both an energy specialization as well as MSTEM?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Aug 2019, 22:38
The terms of Fuqua’s Early Action Round are as follows:
1. Candidates who apply through the Early Action Round may apply to other MBA programs. However they agree not to apply to other binding admissions programs. If admitted to the Daytime MBA program, Early Action candidates agree that they will immediately withdraw their applications at other schools and refrain from submitting new applications.
2. Early Action candidates must apply no later than September 19, 2019.
3. Early Action candidates will be notified about their status no later than October 28, 2019. Some Early Action candidates may be held for review in the regular cycle; candidates who are held for consideration in the regular cycle will no longer be bound by the terms of the Early Action agreement.
4. Applicants are not required to participate in Fuqua’s Early Action Round, and can apply in Rounds 1, 2, or 3

I got the above instructions from the Fuqua's early admission application portal.

Does the above condition mean that 'if selected for Fuqua', the candidate has to withdraw application from other B-schools by 28th October?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Aug 2019, 22:42
Fuqua has a MSTEM certification program which is considered for OPT visa. Can anybody tell me if it is possible for a daytime MBA candidate at Fuqua to do a specialization as well as MSTEM certification from Fuqua. For example, Can one do both an energy specialization as well as MSTEM?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Aug 2019, 23:38
Can somebody explain what's the difference between 'Energy finance ' & 'Energy & Environment' course at Fuqua?
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Technology

Show Tags

New post 14 Aug 2019, 04:32
Hi All,

Quick question on recommendation section, can we add 3 recommendations? It looks like system allows it.

I would like to use 1) Current supervisor 2) Previous supervisor 3) Volunteering activities , I believe each recommendations will be valuable and provide different view on my profile.

Thanks.
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 14 Aug 2019, 07:53
Kano1 wrote:
Hi All,

Quick question on recommendation section, can we add 3 recommendations? It looks like system allows it.

I would like to use 1) Current supervisor 2) Previous supervisor 3) Volunteering activities , I believe each recommendations will be valuable and provide different view on my profile.

Thanks.

Kano1

I see the following on their website. This may be the reason why you can add 3 letters of recommendation.

https://www.fuqua.duke.edu/programs/day ... structions

Quote:
Bonus recommendation from Fuqua students and alumni

In addition to the two required recommendations, you may provide additional recommendations from our alumni or current students.

Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 15 Aug 2019, 04:46
workout and Kano1 I don't think you are supposed to upload an additional letter from students/alumni because they provided a specific link for what is commonly termed a "letter of support." Just wanted to clarify this is the link to be used for that. https://admissions.fuqua.duke.edu/register/?id=2c0d233d-31b3-47cf-bff4-4081d1fd2f41

Not sure why the 3 recommendations thing - maybe so reapplicants can submit the 2 previous recs and the 1 new rec? Anyways, new applicants are limited to 2 and that is clearly stated.

I like the idea of having one manager reference and one reference from community involvement, if you have a leadership position in the NGO and/or have made a significant impact there. Shows a "habit of leadership" and you appear more well rounded. It helps the adcom get to know you better; more sides to you, making you appear more *real* to them than a piece of paper. Helps separate you.
workout wrote:
Kano1 wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks.

Kano1

I see the following on their website. This may be the reason why you can add 3 letters of recommendation.

https://www.fuqua.duke.edu/programs/day ... structions

Quote:
Bonus recommendation from Fuqua students and alumni

In addition to the two required recommendations, you may provide additional recommendations from our alumni or current students.

V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Aug 2019, 10:27
I am excited to announce that vinayakvaish will be the Duke Fuqua moderator and lead this discussion. He is also the moderator for Cornell Johnson.

He is applying to Duke and a few other schools this year. We look forward to seeing new initiatives being taken by him for the prospective Duke applicants.

Please join me in welcoming the new Duke Fuqua Class of 2022 moderator! :)

vinayakvaish Please introduce yourself when you get a chance.
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022   [#permalink] 18 Aug 2019, 10:27

Go to page    1   2   3   4   5   6    Next  [ 109 posts ] 

Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: RicAssassin, vinayakvaish