GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Sep 2019, 02:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Aug 2019, 10:38
Welcome. vinayakvaish, good luck with your applications and congratulations!

Posted from my mobile device

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
Want to know application stats & Profiles from last year? Check the Decision Tracker
Manager
Manager
G
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GPA: 3.5
WE: Operations (Telecommunications)
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Aug 2019, 21:26
nitesh1357 wrote:
Fuqua has a MSTEM certification program which is considered for OPT visa. Can anybody tell me if it is possible for a daytime MBA candidate at Fuqua to do a specialization as well as MSTEM certification from Fuqua. For example, Can one do both an energy specialization as well as MSTEM?

I'd a one to one with one of the Alumn here in Singapore & she confirmed that you're allowed to do one Concentration & one certification. This info is now there in below link as well:

https://www.fuqua.duke.edu/programs/day ... rtificates
S
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 21 Aug 2019, 09:06
workout wrote:
I am excited to announce that vinayakvaish will be the Duke Fuqua moderator and lead this discussion. He is also the moderator for Cornell Johnson.

He is applying to Duke and a few other schools this year. We look forward to seeing new initiatives being taken by him for the prospective Duke applicants.

Please join me in welcoming the new Duke Fuqua Class of 2022 moderator! :)

vinayakvaish Please introduce yourself when you get a chance.

Hey! Thank You workout and bb for the warm welcome.

My name is Vinayak and I am an Instrumentation Engineer by profession with six years of experience in the Petrochemical Sector. I started my career as a maintenance guy but later switched to internal consulting within the sector. I work with my country's largest oil&gas explorer, optimizing operations and when not in the field, I help firms better their digital presence and raise seed funding by providing consulting services as freelance Digital Consultant and pitch-deck creator.

Duke offers fantastic opportunities for Energy Management centric candidates and I encourage candidates with such inclinations to explore the program.
https://centers.fuqua.duke.edu/edge/edu ... ntrations/

Really excited to be a part of this cohort. Good luck everyone!!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.2
Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Aug 2019, 22:46
Hi,

I am also looking for energy management centric courses at Duke this year.

The MBA specialization at duke has two variants 'Energy finance' and 'Energy & Environment'.Can anyone explain the difference between the two?

You can also PM me on the below number.

Regards,
Nitesh
mob(Whatsapp) : +917903555610
McCombs Thread Master
B
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GRE 1: Q155 V165
GPA: 3.87
WE: Marketing (Hospitality and Tourism)
Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Aug 2019, 05:38
Hi all!

I am a current FY Daytime MBA at Fuqua. I applied for EA last year and was *pretty* active on GMAT Club. My cohort started in late July and are already taking finals this week for our Global Insitute semester! That being said, happy to help in any way I can. Feel free to message me.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Aug 2019, 04:52
Hi,
There are two short essay questions in Fuqua application -
1. Why is pursuing an MBA the right next step for you?
2. What are your post-MBA career goals? Share with us your first-choice career plan and your alternate plan.

Ain't the questions quite similar. I mean, how can somebody talk about the 'WHY' without discussing post-mba goal?
Can somebody explain- 'How to differently answer the two question?'
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.26
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Aug 2019, 05:59
nitesh1357 wrote:
Hi,
2. What are your post-MBA career goals? Share with us your first-choice career plan and your alternate plan.

Ain't the questions quite similar. I mean, how can somebody talk about the 'WHY' without discussing post-mba goal?

Just my two cents on the topic...I think the first question is asking why you need an MBA vs just continuing to work. In other words, what skills/experience etc will you gain via Fuqua that you couldn't simply get while working or getting another job? FWIW, I mentioned my long term goal in the first question, but focused more on the why i need an MBA

The second question is much more conventional and is asking what is your goal and plan. Here I focused on short term goal and an alternate. I briefly mentioned my long term goal just for context.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Aug 2019, 07:23
BingingOnNetflix wrote:
nitesh1357 wrote:
Hi,

Just my two cents on the topic...I think the first question is asking why you need an MBA vs just continuing to work. In other words, what skills/experience etc will you gain via Fuqua that you couldn't simply get while working or getting another job? FWIW, I mentioned my long term goal in the first question, but focused more on the why i need an MBA

The second question is much more conventional and is asking what is your goal and plan. Here I focused on short term goal and an alternate. I briefly mentioned my long term goal just for context.

Kudos for quick reply
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 31 Aug 2019, 12:07
Hi aspirants!

I have a query regarding TOEFL scores for Duke Fuqua.

I understand that their website says that we can submit a score if we have one.

I'd still like to confirm if they are mandatory. The deadline is close and I'm not sure if I should take the TOEFL now unless it's mandatory.

In the case that it's not mandatory, does not having a TOEFL score prejudice your application in any way?

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 31 Aug 2019, 12:08
Hi aspirants!

I'd still like to confirm if they are mandatory. The deadline is close and I'm not sure if I should take the TOEFL now unless it's mandatory.

In the case that it's not mandatory, does not having a TOEFL score prejudice your application in any way?

MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 31 Aug 2019, 22:19
Mon16 wrote:
Hi aspirants!

Mon16

I don't think they are mandatory. I found the following from their website. Also, not having a TOEFL score doesn't hurt your application. They might recommend you to take some English courses after admission or something but I don't think not having TOEFL hurts your chances.

Quote:
These scores are not required, but we encourage you to include valid scores that you may have available.

B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 31 Aug 2019, 22:36
Thank you for your response.Much appreciated.

And yes you're right - I found this mentioned on the website too, however, not having a score in no way prejudices the application I assume?

workout wrote:
Mon16 wrote:
Hi aspirants!

Mon16

I don't think they are mandatory. I found the following from their website. Also, not having a TOEFL score doesn't hurt your application. They might recommend you to take some English courses after admission or something but I don't think not having TOEFL hurts your chances.

Quote:
These scores are not required, but we encourage you to include valid scores that you may have available.

MBA Section Director
V

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2019, 08:29
Mon16 wrote:
Thank you for your response.Much appreciated.

And yes you're right - I found this mentioned on the website too, however, not having a score in no way prejudices the application I assume?

Mon16

Nope. I don't think so.

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2019, 08:48
I am excited to announce that RicAssassin is joining vinayakvaish as the Duke Fuqua moderator and lead this discussion.

He is applying to Duke and a few other schools this year. We look forward to seeing new initiatives being taken by him for the prospective Duke applicants.

RicAssassin Please introduce yourself when you get a chance.
Schools: Duke '22
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2019, 11:41
workout wrote:
I am excited to announce that RicAssassin is joining vinayakvaish as the Duke Fuqua moderator and lead this discussion.

RicAssassin Please introduce yourself when you get a chance.

Hey! Thanks for the welcome.

Hello guys, Mechanical Engineer with 3 years of full time experience here. I have been actively involved in the startup space during final phase of studies and initial years of employment. Worked full time in the core domain (automotive industry). Worked with an automobile giant of my country and recently took up a bigger role at another manufacturer of automobile.

We will discuss in detail about many a things. Applications can be a tough phase but we should enjoy the process.

I welcome you all to the forum and let us all have a healthy discussion of this exciting journey. All the best to every one!!

Best,
RicAssassin

Fuqua Moderator
B
Schools: Duke '22
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 05 Sep 2019, 23:25
Hello People!!

Fuqua candidates!! Hope you are all getting ready, the deadline is nearing with each passing day :D

Let us know where people are feeling stagnant in the process. Let’s help out!!

Best,
Ric

Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management

Show Tags

New post 14 Sep 2019, 13:46
Does anybody know the approximate percentage of class that adcom admit each round? I am thinking about applying at round 2. Since Duke has early action round, round 2 can be viewed as the third round. I am afraid by round 2, most of the class will be filled up.
MBA Section Director
V

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2019, 05:37
M23A wrote:
Does anybody know the approximate percentage of class that adcom admit each round? I am thinking about applying at round 2. Since Duke has early action round, round 2 can be viewed as the third round. I am afraid by round 2, most of the class will be filled up.

M23A

The following data is from our own decision tracker. We didn't have all the applicants who applied to Fuqua on the forum so it represents only partial data.

For the class of 2021, 79 got admitted out of 238 applicants. Percentage of applicants admitted is 33
For the class of 2021, 22 got admitted out of 113 applicants. Percentage of applicants admitted is 19.4
S
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.8
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2019, 23:43
Hello,

Any volunteers who are willing to provide a quick feedback on my re-applicant essay? I am applying in EA round.

Thank you!
Booth Moderator
G
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42

Show Tags

New post 16 Sep 2019, 01:09
Sure. Pls send it. Are you working with a consultant by the way...?

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022   [#permalink] 16 Sep 2019, 01:09

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3    Next  [ 41 posts ] 

Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: vinayakvaish, RicAssassin