Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 23:56 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 23:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 106 [5]
Given Kudos: 32
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 106 [0]
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [3]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Re: Calling McCombs UT Austin MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022 [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Roughly 2 weeks left for R1 app submission and this thread is hardly making any noise. C'mon folks! Show yourself, share your app progress, any questions you have.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Re: Calling McCombs UT Austin MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022 [#permalink]
Hi,

I have this nagging question that whether programs without STEM designation are worth applying for. My friend from Texas says that OPT is very important for international students.

I want to apply to Mccombs MBA; but I also want STEM certification. How to decide?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Send PM
I am almost done with my application. Just need to put in some finishing touches to the essays and then I will be done.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
RicAssassin will take over the control of this discussion from hereon. He is planning to apply Mccombs, Duke, and a couple other US MBA programs. For any help on this forum, feel free to contact him. But for now, congrats and wish him best luck.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks a lot!!

Hi hopefuls. I am a mechanical engineer with an operations background. Extracurriculars are music and entrepreneurship based. Looking forward to healthy discussions and helping each other out.

Best,
Ric

Narenn wrote:
RicAssassin will take over the control of this discussion from hereon. He is planning to apply Mccombs, Duke, and a couple other US MBA programs. For any help on this forum, feel free to contact him. But for now, congrats and wish him best luck.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Hi All,

I am having confusion about application submission for UT Texas.
Just submitting of application is not enough right?
You have to keep a buffer of 2 or 3 days from the deadline so that your application is loaded on GIAC after your application submission and then pay the fees and upload other documents as well. Or can this be done even after the deadline?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi,
I’m sorry if I didn’t get your question quite right. With any application, it is considered FINAL only when you upload all the documents and pay your fee. And then submit it.

If you have done it all, you can even risk submitting the app just hours before the deadline and be fine (although not recommended).

Best,
Ric

choubeyp wrote:
Hi All,

You have to keep a buffer of 2 or 3 days from the deadline so that your application is loaded on GIAC after your application submission and then pay the fees and upload other documents as well. Or can this be done even after the deadline?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
RicAssassin wrote:
Hi,
I’m sorry if I didn’t get your question quite right. With any application, it is considered FINAL only when you upload all the documents and pay your fee. And then submit it.

If you have done it all, you can even risk submitting the app just hours before the deadline and be fine (although not recommended).

Best,
Ric

choubeyp wrote:
Hi All,

Yes, you are right, this is how it works for all other US schools.
I think I am just confused about the two-level of application submission.
You are supposed to submit your application once on the portal and then follow other steps on GIAC.
And since the portal says it takes up to 2 to 3 days for the application to appear on GIAC, we can't wait till the deadline to complete our essays.
Sooner the better I guess.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
Send PM
I applied last year with a video essay. I didn't get an interview invite last year. I am applying again this year. Can I resubmit the same video essay? It's a basic introduction and not something which will change over the period.

Director
Director
Send PM
utkbits wrote:
I applied last year with a video essay. I didn't get an interview invite last year. I am applying again this year. Can I resubmit the same video essay? It's a basic introduction and not something which will change over the period.

If you think the information fits and there is nothing that you would rather add, go for it.

Saying that, I'd add that I won't do that because a year is big enough stretch of time to have added value in your life in some way. You want to show them that you have grown in the year in some way or the other.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [2]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.47
WE:Corporate Finance (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
choubeyp wrote:
RicAssassin wrote:
Hi,

Best,
Ric

choubeyp wrote:
Hi All,

You are supposed to submit your application once on the portal and then follow other steps on GIAC.
And since the portal says it takes up to 2 to 3 days for the application to appear on GIAC, we can't wait till the deadline to complete our essays.

Guys, please read the application instructions (I've linked them below). You do not need to submit 2-3 days early. Specifically read the difference between "Submit" and "Complete". Those are completely different steps, only the submit portion is restricted by the deadline.

"Complete your file with GIAC. GIAC is responsible for verifying the validity of your test scores, transcripts, and degrees. 1-2 business days after application submission, upload copies of official transcripts and confirm receipt of official test scores."

Application submitted-->Fee is paid-->GIAC reaches out after the application submission.

https://www.mccombs.utexas.edu/MBA/Full ... on-Process
Director
Director
Send PM
choubeyp wrote:
RicAssassin wrote:
Hi,

Best,
Ric

choubeyp wrote:
Hi All,

You are right there choubeyp

You submit the application for McCombs and then in a day or two you make the fee payment. Those who get the waiver are advised not to pay as the waiver is implemented 7 days after the submission of application.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
All the best McCombs hopefuls. Be ready to hit the submit buttons!! ?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hey all!

I wish everyone luck for Round 1!

I had a question. I just submitted my application yesterday and got the confirmation to pay the fee today. I payed the fee and also uploaded my transcript today. The site tells me it should take 2-3 days to review the transcript.

Does this mean I will not be considered for Round 1? That would be very disappointing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi,

No, if you go through the instructions on the website, your application ‘submission’ and completion were always different.

Everything just happened as per the process (I am in the exact same situation, tbh).

All the best!!!

jlee120 wrote:
Hey all!

I wish everyone luck for Round 1!

I had a question. I just submitted my application yesterday and got the confirmation to pay the fee today. I payed the fee and also uploaded my transcript today. The site tells me it should take 2-3 days to review the transcript.

Does this mean I will not be considered for Round 1? That would be very disappointing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Director
Director
Send PM
Just submitted my application.

I have a fee waiver so I do not have to worry about that.

There is one thing bugging me though. There has been no email confirmation of the application been submitted. Anyone else had that issue?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Did you not get ‘Application Received’ email as well?

MsInvBanker wrote:
Just submitted my application.

I have a fee waiver so I do not have to worry about that.

There is one thing bugging me though. There has been no email confirmation of the application been submitted. Anyone else had that issue?

GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  20   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts