GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 11 Dec 2019, 13:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all NYU Stern MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
P
Joined: 23 May 2018
Posts: 641
Location: Pakistan
Calling all NYU Stern MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jul 2019, 01:51
Welcome all NYU Stern class of 2022 hopefuls. Let's use this platform to know each-other, exchange ideas, discuss app strategies, and some profile discussions may be? Give a shout out!

Stern Decision Tracker & Historical Admit Data | Add NYU Stern to your profile

Deadlines, Essay Questions and Essay Analysis



Class Profile


  • Class Size: 359 (Women 35%; International 39%)
  • Avg GMAT: 721 (Middle 80%: 660-760)
  • Avg GPA: 3.52
  • Avg WE: 5.2
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
P
Joined: 23 May 2018
Posts: 641
Location: Pakistan
Re: Calling all NYU Stern MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jul 2019, 01:52

NYU Stern MBA Deadlines


RoundApplication DueDecisions Released
R1October 15, 2019January 1, 2020
R2November 15, 2019February 1, 2020
R3January 15, 2020April 1, 2020
R4March 15, 2020June 1, 2020


NYU Essay Questions and Analysis


  • ESSAY 1: PROFESSIONAL ASPIRATIONS
    (500 word maximum, double-spaced, 12-point font)
    • What are your short and long-term career goals?
    • How will the MBA help you achieve them?
  • ESSAY 2: PERSONAL EXPERIENCE (AKA “PICK SIX”)
    Describe yourself to the Admissions Committee and to your future classmates using six images and corresponding captions. Your uploaded PDF should contain all of the following elements:
    • A brief introduction or overview of your “Pick Six” (no more than 3 sentences).
    • Six images that help illustrate who you are.
    • A one-sentence caption for each of the six images that helps explain why they were selected and are significant to you.
    Note: Your visuals may include photos, infographics, drawings, or any other images that best describe you. Your document must be uploaded as a single PDF. The essay cannot be sent in physical form or be linked to a website.
  • ESSAY 3: ADDITIONAL INFORMATION (OPTIONAL)
    (250 word maximum, double-spaced, 12-point font)
    Please provide any additional information that you would like to bring to the attention of the Admissions Committee. This may include current or past gaps in employment, further explanation of your undergraduate record or self-reported academic transcript(s), plans to retake the GMAT, GRE, IELTS or TOEFL, or any other relevant information.

    If you are planning to attend the Langone Part-time MBA program and do not currently live in the NYC Metro Area or the Westchester area, please indicate your plans to pursue the program. If you are planning to relocate to the NYC area, please indicate your plans for employment.


Analysis of Stern Essays By: Stacy Blackman | Accepted | mbaMission
INSEAD School Moderator
User avatar
D
Status: MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Joined: 24 Mar 2015
Posts: 2435
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Calling all NYU Stern MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Aug 2019, 18:23
2
Sternie hopefuls,

Regarding the goals essays, I like to start from the final legacy you want to leave and back things out from there – Here are two articles about goals essays that many have found helpful:
https://mbaessaycoaching.com/2016/06/14/mba-goals-essay/ and how to apply this in an interview https://mbaessaycoaching.com/2017/03/10/mba-interview-goals-mba/

They don’t necessarily ask Why Stern but THIS IS A TRAP – absolutely definitely include this information! NYU has a bit of an inferiority complex because CBS so you need to reassure them that your motivations are sincere (read: you value what they offer over CBS) The best way to do this is research the school in a number of ways, most importantly, through alumni. Essay sample posted here https://mbaessaycoaching.com/sample-essays/

For the Pick 6 – make sure that there is a lot of variety between images. You want to pass the cocktail party test. People who are interesting are into all kinds of different things. Make sure to show yourself as well rounded and multidimensional, someone who could talk to anyone about at least 1 thing. Keep the images clear, bold and simple given the choice. Because that will have the most impact. Images that do not necessitate a ton of explanation but really speak for themselves.

Make sure to brainstorm with your recommender on the EQ question; it can be tricky. This question is a bit off the beaten path so provide input on the anecdote they choose for that.
_________________
Farrell Dyan, MBA Admissions Consultant
Verified reviews posted on http://MBAPrepCoach.com
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
P
Joined: 23 May 2018
Posts: 641
Location: Pakistan
Re: Calling all NYU Stern MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Sep 2019, 00:14
1
2
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Sternie hopefuls,

Regarding the goals essays, I like to start from the final legacy you want to leave and back things out from there – Here are two articles about goals essays that many have found helpful:
https://mbaessaycoaching.com/2016/06/14/mba-goals-essay/ and how to apply this in an interview https://mbaessaycoaching.com/2017/03/10/mba-interview-goals-mba/

They don’t necessarily ask Why Stern but THIS IS A TRAP – absolutely definitely include this information! NYU has a bit of an inferiority complex because CBS so you need to reassure them that your motivations are sincere (read: you value what they offer over CBS) The best way to do this is research the school in a number of ways, most importantly, through alumni. Essay sample posted here https://mbaessaycoaching.com/sample-essays/

For the Pick 6 – make sure that there is a lot of variety between images. You want to pass the cocktail party test. People who are interesting are into all kinds of different things. Make sure to show yourself as well rounded and multidimensional, someone who could talk to anyone about at least 1 thing. Keep the images clear, bold and simple given the choice. Because that will have the most impact. Images that do not necessitate a ton of explanation but really speak for themselves.

Make sure to brainstorm with your recommender on the EQ question; it can be tricky. This question is a bit off the beaten path so provide input on the anecdote they choose for that.


Bookmarked all the links. Can't have anything go wrong.
INSEAD School Moderator
User avatar
D
Status: MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Joined: 24 Mar 2015
Posts: 2435
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Calling all NYU Stern MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Sep 2019, 05:09
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT: those of you applying to FULL TIME MBA
programs at Columbia or Stern might be interested in this test as an alternative to GMAT. Replay of an EA overview here: http://ow.ly/TtoL50w4Tke?
_________________
Farrell Dyan, MBA Admissions Consultant
Verified reviews posted on http://MBAPrepCoach.com
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Nov 2018
Posts: 21
Location: India
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.38
Re: Calling all NYU Stern MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2019, 14:07
Is there a separate thread to discuss NYU Stern Tech MBA?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Sep 2019
Posts: 6
Re: Calling all NYU Stern MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Sep 2019, 23:02
1
Here is important information for international students, especially Chinese and Asian men who apply for NYU Stern: Do. not.. apply... Even if you admit here in Stern, it will go awry and, unless you have family money, you will be on a large loan. You can sit and eat curry with Indian men and add some meatballs of disappointment. This place is for diversity candidates not evils like you
The career office team is among the worst on the planet and the Stern administration: the deans, etc., don't really care about you once your GMAT score has run out. While the rest of the business schools are trying to get STEM, the Stern team resists the STEM designation. People are so stupid here that you #facepalm. Go to Booth Wharton and 200 schools that really help international students. Look immediately at Wharton's message to employers. compare it with the evil of Stern
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
P
Joined: 23 May 2018
Posts: 641
Location: Pakistan
Re: Calling all NYU Stern MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2019, 00:18
1
jitmondal wrote:
Is there a separate thread to discuss NYU Stern Tech MBA?


jitmondal

Here you go https://gmatclub.com/forum/stern-tech-mba-297465.html
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
P
Joined: 23 May 2018
Posts: 641
Location: Pakistan
Re: Calling all NYU Stern MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2019, 00:21
Cutattheroot wrote:
Here is important information for international students, especially Chinese and Asian men who apply for NYU Stern: Do. not.. apply... Even if you admit here in Stern, it will go awry and, unless you have family money, you will be on a large loan. You can sit and eat curry with Indian men and add some meatballs of disappointment. This place is for diversity candidates not evils like you
The career office team is among the worst on the planet and the Stern administration: the deans, etc., don't really care about you once your GMAT score has run out. While the rest of the business schools are trying to get STEM, the Stern team resists the STEM designation. People are so stupid here that you #facepalm. Go to Booth Wharton and 200 schools that really help international students. Look immediately at Wharton's message to employers. compare it with the evil of Stern


Cutattheroot you either back your message with evidence or delete the message.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Sep 2019
Posts: 6
Calling all NYU Stern MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2019, 04:44
Miss Investmentbaker now waits patiently as I get 5 posts in before I am allowed to post a link or a picchure.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Sep 2019
Posts: 6
Re: Calling all NYU Stern MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2019, 04:48
Such posts don't come up out of knowhere. Out post to people you know in the castle nd they will tell you.
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 7330
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling all NYU Stern MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2019, 05:20
Cutattheroot wrote:
Miss Investmentbaker now waits patiently as I get 5 posts in before I am allowed to post a link or a picchure.

She is only asking you to support your argument with evidence. Is it asking too much? How are you replying to her? Even if you have any genuine experience to share on forum, you won't be able to do so in this manner. Please respect the forum and actions of forum moderators. Thank you! I've PMed you separately.
_________________
2020 MBA Applicants: Introduce Yourself Here!

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Sep 2019
Posts: 6
Calling all NYU Stern MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2019, 05:27
1
Narenn wrote:
Cutattheroot wrote:
Miss Investmentbaker now waits patiently as I get 5 posts in before I am allowed to post a link or a picchure.

She is only asking you to support your argument with evidence. Is it asking too much? How are you replying to her? Even if you have any genuine experience to share on forum, you won't be able to do so in this manner. Please respect the forum and actions of forum moderators. Thank you! I've PMed you separately.


Understand there is a call for evidence. Considering most of the community here is high on the GMAT, don't feel the evidence is unwarranted. Writers of these words are considering carefully what can be done without breaking privacy rules. As severe repercussions are always expected. Repeating ourselves from the earlier notes: such posts never come out of nowhere, we did not think out of a vacuum.
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
P
Joined: 23 May 2018
Posts: 641
Location: Pakistan
Re: Calling all NYU Stern MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2019, 13:19
Cutattheroot if privacy is that big an issue in the scenario, then these serious allegations should not be made publicly.

We are not saying you cannot share your experience or of someone you know but then be ready to back it up with evidence. it is that simple.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Sep 2019
Posts: 6
Re: Calling all NYU Stern MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2019, 22:41
MsInvBanker wrote:
if privacy is that big an issue in the scenario, then these serious allegations should not be made publicly.

We are not saying you cannot share your experience or of someone you know but then be ready to back it up with evidence. it is that simple.


You should do fine wherever you go to business school,even if its CBS. The message was not for those with your demographic and background. We can post evidence whenever we are clear. But discussion apart, generally don't apply. Ppl don't work here they sleep. Can never imagine how they make it to the rankings.
Current Student
User avatar
V
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 4279
Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Calling all NYU Stern MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2019, 14:29
c wrote:
MsInvBanker wrote:
if privacy is that big an issue in the scenario, then these serious allegations should not be made publicly.

We are not saying you cannot share your experience or of someone you know but then be ready to back it up with evidence. it is that simple.


You should do fine wherever you go to business school,even if its CBS. The message was not for those with your demographic and background. We can post evidence whenever we are clear. But discussion apart, generally don't apply. Ppl don't work here they sleep. Can never imagine how they make it to the rankings.


Yo Cutattheroot

I am doing a chat session on international recruiting! Come join next Thursday.

For everybody else, I am a second year Ross student and had a decent experience with recruiting. Happy to share more.
_________________
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 7330
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all NYU Stern MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2019, 22:26
souvik101990 wrote:
Yo Cutattheroot

I am doing a chat session on international recruiting! Come join next Thursday.

For everybody else, I am a second year Ross student and had a decent experience with recruiting. Happy to share more.


Anyone who is interested in this chat, here's the notification... MBA Recruiting for International Students: Live Chat wth International MBA Student
_________________
2020 MBA Applicants: Introduce Yourself Here!

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Sep 2019
Posts: 6
Re: Calling all NYU Stern MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2019, 05:04
souvik101990 wrote:
c wrote:
MsInvBanker wrote:
if privacy is that big an issue in the scenario, then these serious allegations should not be made publicly.

We are not saying you cannot share your experience or of someone you know but then be ready to back it up with evidence. it is that simple.


You should do fine wherever you go to business school,even if its CBS. The message was not for those with your demographic and background. We can post evidence whenever we are clear. But discussion apart, generally don't apply. Ppl don't work here they sleep. Can never imagine how they make it to the rankings.


Yo Cutattheroot

I am doing a chat session on international recruiting! Come join next Thursday.

For everybody else, I am a second year Ross student and had a decent experience with recruiting. Happy to share more.


We have nothing constructive to contribute.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Sep 2019
Posts: 7
Re: Calling all NYU Stern MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2019, 15:34
Is there any data on individuals that have been accepted to NYU’s Full Time MBA program with the Executive Assessment? Just trying to get a gauge on what an acceptable score looks like for the FT program. I’ve read on other top EMBA forums that a 150+ is considered competitive. Obviously, I’d assume the FT programs would have a higher standard. Any help is appreciated!

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 29 Nov 2016
Posts: 174
Location: India
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
Re: Calling all NYU Stern MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2019, 19:40
Hi.

One of recommenders reached out to me asking about the question on EQ endorsment and the question how candidate has shown empathy and EQ.

With one of my recommender I have had more professional than personal overlap and all of social initiatices that I have taken are outside the work space.

NYU expects the candidates to spend 5-7 hours with their EQ endorsers to highlight such instances. (As per website)

But I am scared that this might impact or give an idea of influence by candidate upon recommender.

At times you don't want to mix your personal and professional life, unless the recommender knows you prroanally.

Is someone facing a similar issue. Is there a way to handle this situation?

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all NYU Stern MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022   [#permalink] 09 Oct 2019, 19:40

Go to page    1   2   3   4   5   6   7    Next  [ 124 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all NYU Stern MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: MsInvBanker






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne