Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 03:32 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 03:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [3]
Given Kudos: 22
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 130 [2]
Given Kudos: 119
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10016 [2]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10016 [2]
Send PM
Re: Calling all UVA Darden MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022] [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Want to interview Darden adcom/students?

We are planning to interview Darden Adcom and Current students. Many of the applicants express interest and request feedback from both Admissions Teams and Current students. Many of the admitted students, emphasize the value they have received by networking with current students and by getting the inside scoop. Are you interested to lead this initiative? (I would personally encourage you to, as it will help with learning about the school, get your name out there, and also practice your interviewing skills).

We have done it several times last year – mostly as an online chat. However, we think an email or skype interview would work equally well (as long as someone can share it in a text form). We are happy to make the introductions to current students as well as to the AdCom or you can also reach out to the students you may have already connected.

We have prepared some sample questions that most often are asked but these are very generic and you probably will want to customize them somewhat for your program or your current students you will be interacting with. (Tip: It is always best to ask specific questions rather than something very generic – e.g. instead of asking “What do you think about Darden”, perhaps ask, “What are your thoughts about academics or career services, etc” or even better “How is internship recruiting at Darden for consulting as a Domestic Student?”

If anyone is up for this initiative or any questions, please PM me.

Thanks,
Narenn
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [2]
Send PM
Re: Calling all UVA Darden MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022] [#permalink]
Kudos
Thanks Narenn for bringing this up.
It would be great to be able to interact with AdCom and current students.
There is also a mock class conducted by Darden in Mumbai.
I would be attending the session.
Is there anyone else planning to attend??
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2853 [0]
Given Kudos: 144
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
kiryuken wrote:

Hi kiryuken,

Yes it's on 20th July. I will attend it. Looking forward to meeting you there.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 130 [0]
Given Kudos: 119
Send PM
rohan2345 wrote:
kiryuken wrote:

Hi kiryuken,

If it were after last week of July, then there would have been three from the forum.
rohan2345 and kiryuken, do share your experience with us.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [1]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Overrepresented applicants, if you are applying EA - which you SHOULD - I would strongly recommend you start working on this application ASAP, especially if you have travel or other obligations that will keep you from it between now and 9/3.

There are so many different areas to cover in the essays - and the fact that the essays are short is more of a hindrance than a help. Review the short answers in the application and make time for those as well.

Also, you have to write your essay for the Battenburg scholarship to be submitted on the deadline date. APPLYING FOR A BATTEN SCHOLARSHIP

Prospective students interested in being considered for these scholarships must submit a supplemental essay as part of the application for Darden's two-year, full-time MBA program. Applicants should develop a 500-word essay that addresses how they meet the criteria of the program, how they would contribute to the Darden community and how the award would further their career ambitions in entrepreneurship, innovation or technology.

If you are moved on to the interview, they do what is called "your story" which is basically you narrating your life story for 20 minutes. This requires a great deal of deep thought, introspection and contemplation. But if you do it well, you stand out.

ITS A TON OF WORK. It requires research. underestimate it at your peril. I do feel it is a worthwhile effort however, especially if you are looking at consulting. I really believe in the case method for hopeful consultants.
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10016 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
kiryuken wrote:
Thanks Narenn for bringing this up. It would be great to be able to interact with AdCom and current students.
Narenn wrote:
Want to interview Darden adcom/students? We are planning to interview Darden Adcom and Current students. Many of the applicants express interest and request feedback from both Admissions Teams and Current students.......
If anyone is up for this initiative or any questions, please PM me.

Thanks,
Narenn

Thank you and appreciate your positive response.

FYI all, kiryuken will be interviewing Darden adcom on behalf of GMAT Club. It will be an email interview. kiryuken is currently working on preparing the question list for this interview. If anyone has any questions they would like to ask, please reply to this post with your questions asap.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [1]
Given Kudos: 93
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
WE:General Management (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Kudos
rohan2345 wrote:
kiryuken wrote:

Hi kiryuken,

I'll be there. Would be great to interact with all.

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10016 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
sushforgmat wrote:
rohan2345 wrote:
kiryuken wrote:

Hi kiryuken,

I'll be there. Would be great to interact with all.

Posted from my mobile device

Good luck to all of you for the mock class and info session today. Look forward to reading your experiences.
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10016 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
I am excited to announce that kiryuken will be the Darden moderator and leading the discussion.

He is applying to Darden and few other schools this year. Darden is ofcourse his top choice and due to his affection towards this great program, he readily agreed to conduct an interview of Darden adcom on bahalf of GMAT Club. We look forward to see new initiatives being taken by him for the prospective Darden applicants.

Anyway, please join me in welcoming the new Darden Class of 2022 moderator! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Narenn wrote:
I am excited to announce that kiryuken will be the Darden moderator and leading the discussion.

He is applying to Darden and few other schools this year. Darden is ofcourse his top choice and due to his affection towards this great program, he readily agreed to conduct an interview of Darden adcom on bahalf of GMAT Club. We look forward to see new initiatives being taken by him for the prospective Darden applicants.

Anyway, please join me in welcoming the new Darden Class of 2022 moderator! :)

Thanks Narenn for such a warm welcome :)

Coming to the mock class, one of the key focus of the session was on the collaborative learning approach and the case methodology used by Darden. If you are interested to learn more about that, you can visit the Power of the Case Method section of their website.

As mentioned by Narenn, we are organising an interview with Darden adcom soon. So if anyone has any specific query, do reply to this post.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [7]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
WE:Operations (Health Care)
Send PM
Kudos
Just wanted to drop a quick note. I am currently enrolled at Darden and will be starting school from next month. I was admitted to multiple business schools last application season and eventually chose Darden due to a combination of fit and scholarship.

I am really grateful to this forum and would love to pay it forward. If you have any questions regarding the essays, interviews etc., specific to Darden, please feel free to post on this forum tagging me or DM me and I'll get back as soon as I can.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
Hey Guys!!
For those who were not able to attend the mock class of Darden at Mumbai, here are the key highlights of the event:

• Classroom experience: Darden focuses heavily on classroom participation of students. The case methodology entirely depends on how students engage into lively discussions on the cases. Faculty members play a vital role of enablers. Enthusiasm and high energy are vital for the entire learning experience.
  • MBA MSDS Dual Degree: Darden is also offering dual degree program, MBA+MSDS. The application process and deadlines are different that MBA program. Prospective dual degree students will first apply to the Darden School of Business. Once that Darden School of Business application has been submitted, prospective dual degrees will need to complete a separate application to the DSI. For deadlines and further details, please check out the MBA MSDS and MBA/MSDS Degree sites.
  • Outdoor activities in Charlottesville: Charlottesville provides abundance of outdoor activities and sports like trekking across Blue Ridge Mountains, River rafting, cycling and so on.
  • Darden Partners Association: The Darden Partners Association (DPA) is an inclusive community for spouses, families and significant others of Darden Students. The DPA connects Partners to each other, Darden and the Charlottesville community. Partners have access to Darden resources such as Library, gym and so on. In fact, in some of the cases, partners are allowed to attend the class as well to add their perspective to the classroom.

I hope other attendees can add if I missed out anything.
Thanks!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: ISB '21 (WA)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
Hi Darden,

I plan on applying to Darden in the early action round. As part of the application, we are required to submit GMAT scores. I have two questions pertaining to this section of the application:
1. The application asks for the number of GMAT attempts. Should I include only the tests for which I accepted the scores, or should I include all attempts, including the ones for which I cancelled the score?
2. I had better Quantitative score in a previous attempt but will be applying with an overall score with a lower Quantitative score. How does this bear significance on the overall application, and could you please shed some light on how all reported test scores are evaluated in the purview of the overall application?
3. How do I send the score to Darden? In the application, where we enter test scores, I could not find any link to submit test score or pay for the score to be sent to Darden. Or is it the case that only admitted students have to send the official scores to Darden at a later point in time?

Thanks!
tt
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Guys,

We are premiering our interview with one of the current students of Darden.
Please join us to learn more about the school and some insights on application.

MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8833 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
thinkTheta wrote:
Hi Darden,

I plan on applying to Darden in the early action round. As part of the application, we are required to submit GMAT scores. I have two questions pertaining to this section of the application:
1. The application asks for the number of GMAT attempts. Should I include only the tests for which I accepted the scores, or should I include all attempts, including the ones for which I cancelled the score?

Include only the scores that you have accepted.

thinkTheta wrote:
2. I had better Quantitative score in a previous attempt but will be applying with an overall score with a lower Quantitative score. How does this bear significance on the overall application, and could you please shed some light on how all reported test scores are evaluated in the purview of the overall application?

Did you accept your previous attempt? If so mention this. How they evaluate test scores is something only they can comment.

thinkTheta wrote:
3. How do I send the score to Darden? In the application, where we enter test scores, I could not find any link to submit test score or pay for the score to be sent to Darden. Or is it the case that only admitted students have to send the official scores to Darden at a later point in time?

Thanks!
tt

I find the following on their website. So, Yes, it looks like you only need to send the official scores once you are admitted.

Quote:
Self-reported scores are fine for the purposes of our application process, but you should also arrange for GMAC, ETS or Pearson Vue to send your official score report to the Darden Admissions office.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 58
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
Quick question for all....it appears that Darden removed their student ambassadors page online. Am I overlooking the page? Or do we need to reach out to students on LinkedIn or some other platform?
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10016 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
BingingOnNetflix wrote:
Quick question for all....it appears that Darden removed their student ambassadors page online. Am I overlooking the page? Or do we need to reach out to students on LinkedIn or some other platform?

One option could be to contact our forum members who got into Darden in recent years. I don't know how many of them are active on forum yet but it doesn't hurt to send PMs to a few of them. Even one of them responds and agrees to talk, it could serve your purpose.

Here is a list of forum members who indicated on their profiles that they are attending UVA Darden.

2019 Intake
dwhitman
saragrace
lam91
mck112
GoalMBA2019
christine98765
wrosen
himanshu04

2018 Intake
kromay
adrianmoral
Twister123
cshector
JGanthier
yatesaj8
Duraith
rodrigoleyva
pingsc
playerone
alexchill
bigo2398
deldrid
CUTiger59
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  16   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts