Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 03:40 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 03:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 199 [3]
Given Kudos: 1283
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 199 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 199 [1]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rice Jones FT MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022 [#permalink]
Essay Questions

Full-Time MBA & Professional MBA Required Essay #1 (choose one format):

"The Rice Business experience is designed to inspire our students to become future business leaders. How did your path, from both a professional and a personal perspective, guide you to where you are today, and how will Rice Business fit into where you would like to go next?"

Please choose only one method of communication that you would like to use for your response:

Write an essay (500 word limit)
Share a video (one to three minute time limit)

Full-Time MBA & Professional MBA Required Essay #2 (choose one topic):

Please choose to answer one of the following prompts (300 word limit):

"Rice Business offers intentional and practical programming to help our graduates develop their leadership skills. Do you think you were born to lead or developed into a leader, and how have your experiences shaped your leadership style?"
"Diverse and global perspective are pillars of the Jones School experience. Tell us about a time that your own views, attitudes or perspectives were challenged from this area, and what was the outcome of this experience?"
"Rice Business students have passions in and outside of the classroom. What are you passionate about and how have you expressed/or plan to express your passion?"

Optional Essay:

If you have any additional information for the admissions committee or if you wish to clarify any aspect of your application (including breaks in employment, your choice of recommendation providers, your past academic performance, etc.), you may submit an additional, optional essay. (750 word limit)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rice Jones FT MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022 [#permalink]
Has anyone here applied to attend the Diversity Weekend event? I applied last week and was just curious. The deadline to submit the online questionnaire is September 23, 2019.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10016 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Why is this place so quiet? Less than a month for R1 submissions. C'mon R1 folks, show yourself.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 192 [1]
Given Kudos: 115
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Peoples,

I am applying for round 1. How is it at Rice for consulting. Anybody..?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
redskull1 Consulting recruitment is good at Rice. You can get in touch with the career service department for more info. I am sure they will be more than happy to help. You can also reach out to alumnus on LinkedIn. I know two people from the class of 2019 who got consulting offers, ome from McKinsey and the other from E&Y.

Best wishes!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Anyone coming for the diversity weekend event? I will be there, so PM me if you want to meet up.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
I was thinking of applying for R1 but I'm gonna probably retake my GMAT (last score 690) before I apply. So, it looks like I'm going to apply in R2...

bebs wrote:
Anyone coming for the diversity weekend event? I will be there, so PM me if you want to meet up.

Are you currently a student there?

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
ParryB No, I am not. I will try my best to get a current student to chat with prospective candidates here sometime in the nearest future. Hopefully before R2 applications are due.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.58
WE:Operations (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
Did anyone receive an email from the admissions team post submission stating that they are excited to review your application and asking you to update them if there are further updates to your profile such as revised test scores, promotion etc.

One of my friends received such an email but I did not. I just received a standard confirmation email upon submitting my application.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Hey guys,

My university has a grading scale of 10. How do I convert my grades to a GPA of scale 4?
Did all international students convert their GPA for the application?
I just got an email from the adcom that I missed that GPA conversion and it needs to be done.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Send PM
roykabir772 wrote:
Hey guys,

My university has a grading scale of 10. How do I convert my grades to a GPA of scale 4?
Did all international students convert their GPA for the application?
I just got an email from the adcom that I missed that GPA conversion and it needs to be done.

Yes you'll have to convert your grade to a 4 point scale for Rice. I used the WES free converter and attached screenshots of my conversion in the application.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
I Completed my interview on 28th October. It was a pretty conversational interview and lasted for approx. 20 mins.

Has anyone else completed their interview and when should we expect to hear back from Rice?

The decision date is 6th December, any chance that they release before that?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Hello sharan05. Congratulations on completing your interview. Based on my experience and data from the previous years, Rice usually release results 1-2 weeks before the deadline. You should have a decision sometime later this month.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
bebs wrote:
Hello sharan05. Congratulations on completing your interview. Based on my experience and data from the previous years, Rice usually release results 1-2 weeks before the deadline. You should have a decision sometime later this month.

Thank you so much for this information. Best of luck for your applications.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi everyone, I’m a current 1st year at Rice and would love to help those of you thinking about applying for Rd 2/3 to give you my perspective. Feel free to PM me any questions you may have. Best of luck to those who applied Rd 1!

Manager
Manager
Send PM
mizag wrote:
Hi everyone, I’m a current 1st year at Rice and would love to help those of you thinking about applying for Rd 2/3 to give you my perspective. Feel free to PM me any questions you may have. Best of luck to those who applied Rd 1!

Hi Mizag,

Thanks for offering help and guidance. I applied in round 1 and completed my interview on 28th Oct. During the application process, I interacted with couple of international students and I could gather that recruiting was extremely challenging this year at Rice specially for international students. Would you be able to throw some light on that. I understand that the employment report for 2019 is still some time out. I have thoroughly enjoyed my interaction with Joe and the Rice team and am eagerly looking forward to receiving my admission decision.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts