GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Oct 2018, 12:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Darden & Kenan Flagler Thread Master
B
Reviews Badge
Calling UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 23 Sep 2018, 11:43
Add Kenan Flagler to your profile

Welcome all Kenan-Flagler MBA applicants. Let's use this platform to get to know each other and exchange ideas and information through the application process!

Application Deadlines | Requirements | Admission FAQs

Originally posted by Amaranth on 25 Jun 2018, 09:04.
Last edited by Amaranth on 23 Sep 2018, 11:43, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Re: Calling UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 06 Jul 2018, 02:43

!
Moderator Note: Post Removed. Do not post profile evaluation requests in this thread. Use this thread instead.. https://gmatclub.com/forum/please-evalu ... 82356.html

Originally posted by madonna90 on 05 Jul 2018, 11:44.
Last edited by Narenn on 06 Jul 2018, 02:43, edited 2 times in total.
Mod warning
Director
Director
G
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Re: Calling UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jul 2018, 23:45
Hello madonna90

Remember that a B school will look at your profile holistically based on admissions factors mentioned here.
If we break down your profile based on the info given, we get the following-
1. Academics- Past scores are decent and a 730 GMAT is also good, but not stellar. Indians are usually expected to score high, but if you get a 730 or more you are good to go.
2. Quality of Work Ex- Your sales experience will be helpful since you will have many stories to tell that have directly impacted the business. However, more that your role/responsibility also mention your career progression and key achievements. The schools are more interested in the quality of work ex.
3. Diversity- Though you come from a large pool of applicants (Indians) your industry and sales experience may help you differentiate from others. What also helps here are your extracurricular. While your extracurricular look pretty interesting- again you will need to show stories behind it and the impact these activities have had on your life or the life of others.
4. Career Goals- This is the most important piece of the admissions puzzle. Your goal looks realistic and organic. Showcase compelling reasons as to how an MBA will add missing skills. Also what transferable skills have you gained in the last few years to make this a successful transition. And most importantly why UNC. You could supplement your research by reading here.
You will need to have a spike in at least 3 out of 4 factors mentioned above.
I see a potential spike in all four- Acads (if you get a 730+ GMAT), Work Ex (potentially if you write the right stories), Diversity (again will depends on what you choose to tell) and Goals (since they look organic- but showcase a need for an MBA).
Yours is a pretty balanced profile. None of the elements are 'off the charts' and no glaring weaknesses at the same time.
To conclude I would say you have a pretty solid and balanced profile all that matters for you is the right execution and you will stand a fighting chance.
Should you feel the need to discuss your profile in detail, let me know.
Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

madonna90 wrote:
Dear Experts,

Please evaluate my profile for Kenan-Flagler

27 year old Indian Female
GMAT: expected 720-730
GPA: Undergraduate (2012) – 72% in Chemistry (Hon) from Miranda House, Delhi University
Post-grad (2014) – 69% in PGDM from ITM, Navi Mumbai

Work Experience (4 years):
- Currently employed in a Corporate Sales role at one of India’s leading banks, managing a team of 3 people.
- Was previously employed in a Corporate Sales role at another leading bank (2 years), and before that with one of India’s biggest Telecom operators as a Retail Store Manager handling a team of 12 executives (2 years)

Extra-curricular's:
- Currently an active member of a Mumbai NGO which provides mentorship to underprivileged kids.
- Previously associated with a leading foundation and taught underprivileged kids in slum areas.
- Formal training in Hindustani Classical Music (10 years)
- Currently a keyboard player as a personal hobby

Goals:
My career goal is to emerge as a leader in Marketing/Brand Management in the FMCG/Telecom space

Short term goal would be to work in the Brand Management team for a leading FMCG

Questions –

- Given my profile, will 720 be a good-enough GMAT score for me?

- Will my present experience in Retail and Sales be seen as favourable for a switch to Brand/Marketing?

- Are there elements that are missing in my profile or anything I need to emphasise more on?

Thanks for your time and help!

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com

VP
VP
B
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Jul 2018, 19:36
Top Contributor
Hey everyone!
It's great that the thread has already started. Always pays to start early!

Class of 2018 graduate here and happy to help!

ISB Preparation Kit | GMAT Debrief

BSchool Forum Moderator
D
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 03 Aug 2018, 10:32
Hi,

This thread seems pretty low. Let me give a few of my inputs from the recent QS MBA World Tour event that was organized in Mumbai recently.

Q. Is the essay #2 - UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA community lives by its core values: excellence, leadership, integrity, community and teamwork - strictly professional or can a person share his/her personal story as well.
A. The essay can consist of personal story as well.

Q. What are dedicated teams at UNC?
A. These are the study groups that are created by the college itself. One has to work with the team and even help each other out in times of crisis.

Q. Are classes case based or taught by teachers?
A. The classes are a mix of both depending on the subject being taught.

Q. How does career center work: is it a one on one consultation or a group analysis?
A. A personalized coach is assigned in the beginning and one shouls make the most out of it throughout the MBA.

Q. What percentage of class is changing industry?
A. Around 22%

I hope that would be helpful to a few.

Regards!

Kudos if my post helps!

Long And A Fruitful Journey - V21 to V41; If I can, So Can You!!

Preparing for RC my way

My study resources:
1. Useful Formulae, Concepts and Tricks-Quant
2. e-GMAT's ALL SC Compilation
3. LSAT RC compilation
4. Actual LSAT CR collection by Broal
5. QOTD RC (Carcass)
6. Challange OG RC
7. GMAT Prep Challenge RC

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V36
GPA: 3.9
WE: Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2018, 01:50
Hello everyone!

I am reapplying to UNC, and I was wondering if my recommenders of last year could recommend me this year too.
Since they're not saying anything about recomm for reapplicants in the website.

Thank you!
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2018, 14:15
Anyone going to be at the Open House on the 21st? Or interviewing between now and then?
VP
VP
B

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2018, 06:32
Top Contributor
HK1605 wrote:
Hello everyone!

I am reapplying to UNC, and I was wondering if my recommenders of last year could recommend me this year too.
Since they're not saying anything about recomm for reapplicants in the website.

Thank you!

Hey! I was a re-applicant too and am not sure what the guidelines are, but I asked two new recommenders to write my recos.
Your best bet would be to contact the ADCOM.

All the best!

VP
VP
B

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2018, 06:36
Top Contributor
gmatexam439 wrote:
Hi,

This thread seems pretty low. Let me give a few of my inputs from the recent QS MBA World Tour event that was organized in Mumbai recently.

Q. Is the essay #2 - UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA community lives by its core values: excellence, leadership, integrity, community and teamwork - strictly professional or can a person share his/her personal story as well.
A. The essay can consist of personal story as well.

Q. What are dedicated teams at UNC?
A. These are the study groups that are created by the college itself. One has to work with the team and even help each other out in times of crisis.

Q. Are classes case based or taught by teachers?
A. The classes are a mix of both depending on the subject being taught.

Q. How does career center work: is it a one on one consultation or a group analysis?
A. A personalized coach is assigned in the beginning and one shouls make the most out of it throughout the MBA.

Q. What percentage of class is changing industry?
A. Around 22%

I hope that would be helpful to a few.

Regards!

As an alum, let me give you all my 2 cents on this
1. You can definitely share your personal stories as well just make sure to present strong stories that touch the core values especially collaboration.
2. We have core study groups that are assigned by the school in the 1st mod and the teams are together for 2 mods. They are pretty diverse teams and school takes good care to have a good mix in the team. The team members can really enhance your experience.
3. As mentioned, the classes are a mix of both. There are ample number of cases that you go through and there are certain electives that are totally case based.
4. You are assigned a personal coach based on your post MBA goal but you are free to reach out to as many as possible. They are easy to get hold of.

Let me know if you all have any questions about the program.

B
Reviews Badge
Calling UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2018, 15:34
Visited Kenan-Flagler and interviewed on campus last week. Time to submit my application and pray. Gotta say, I really love Chapel Hill and Kenan-Flagler, the people I met were incredibly welcoming and friendly. The class I sat in on was pretty interesting as well. If you guys want to know anything specific feel free to shoot me a message!
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.4
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2018, 16:34
Good luck to everyone submitting in round 1 today! I'm a little surprised by how quiet this post is!
BSchool Forum Moderator
D

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2018, 22:43
BNabs88 wrote:
Good luck to everyone submitting in round 1 today! I'm a little surprised by how quiet this post is!

Hi,

All the best!
Btw, did you visit the campus?

Kudos if my post helps!

Preparing for RC my way

My study resources:
3. LSAT RC compilation
5. QOTD RC (Carcass)
6. Challange OG RC

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.4
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2018, 00:11
gmatexam439 wrote:
BNabs88 wrote:

Hi,

All the best!

No, I'm UK based and haven't had a chance yet. I'm considering seeing if I can manage a trip to visit a few all in one go, but who knows!

How about you?

Posted from my mobile device
BSchool Forum Moderator
D

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2018, 01:56
BNabs88 wrote:
gmatexam439 wrote:
BNabs88 wrote:

Hi,

All the best!

No, I'm UK based and haven't had a chance yet. I'm considering seeing if I can manage a trip to visit a few all in one go, but who knows!

How about you?

Posted from my mobile device

If you are thinking of visiting, then better do it before 30 October because you will have a chance to schedule your interview. From 01 Nov interviews will be only on invitation basis.

I am based out of India; will try my luck with invitations!

All the best.

Kudos if my post helps!

Preparing for RC my way

My study resources:
3. LSAT RC compilation
5. QOTD RC (Carcass)
6. Challange OG RC

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021! &nbs [#permalink] 16 Oct 2018, 01:56

Calling UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: abhimahna

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap