Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 00:57 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 00:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.81
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.81
Send PM
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
sidceg wrote:
haseebhassan wrote:
I have submitted my app. anyone else did.?

Me too. Has anyone heard from the school yet?

not yet
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Healthcare, International Business
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE:Pharmaceuticals (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
In my account's dashboard, there's a message like this:
Your application is missing documents necessary to render decision. We will e-mail you a list of the specific documents required. You can e-mail the documents to OlinGradAdmissions@wustl.edu or provide us with an update on when we can expect to receive them.

But I haven't received any emails from them yet.
Do you guys have same message on your dashboard?
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.84
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
mosat wrote:
Your application is missing documents necessary to render decision. We will e-mail you a list of the specific documents required. You can e-mail the documents to OlinGradAdmissions@wustl.edu or provide us with an update on when we can expect to receive them.

My Dashboard says:
THIS MESSAGE SERVES AS CONFIRMATION THAT WE HAVE RECEIVED ALL THE NECESSARY DOCUMENTS IN ORDER TO RENDER A DECISION. YOUR APPLICATION IS IN REVIEW.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mosat wrote:

I suggest you reach out to the adcom or the person who you're in touch with to know what is missing.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
sidceg wrote:
haseebhassan wrote:
I have submitted my app. anyone else did.?

Me too. Has anyone heard from the school yet?

Heard from them last week, which was really surprising considering it was only about a week after deadline and I submitted a last minute app. They are probably still going through the apps.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Healthcare, International Business
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE:Pharmaceuticals (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Thanks guys, I've noticed that maybe I forgot to submit my diploma since I'm an international student and they require it for international students.
I uploaded it and send an email to the admissions. I hope this works.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 750 Q42 V50
GPA: 4
WE:General Management (Insurance)
Send PM
Hi, does anybody know when the school will start sending out invites? or did anybody actually get their invites already?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mrsonmax wrote:
Hi, does anybody know when the school will start sending out invites? or did anybody actually get their invites already?

Yes, I have it scheduled on campus in November and I think someone else said they already had their interview. They contacted me very quickly after I applied
Manager
Manager
Send PM
bk2018 wrote:
mrsonmax wrote:

Yes, I have it scheduled on campus in November and I think someone else said they already had their interview. They contacted me very quickly after I applied

thanks for info! this means one of the two things. Either they invite candidates which they find most attractive first. Or they break them down into groups based on whatever factor (alphabetical order, US/international, etc). Any ideas on how this works in case of Olin? In most of the schools i applied to, i saw that majority of applicants got invited on the same day. But it is WashU Olin and Georgia Tech, where some people got invited a long time ago, but i didn't hear anything from them. so i wonder whether they are not interested in me, or it is just their procedure to break candidates into some kind of groups independently from how competitive they are.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mrsonmax wrote:
bk2018 wrote:
mrsonmax wrote:

thanks for info! this means one of the two things. Either they invite candidates which they find most attractive first. Or they break them down into groups based on whatever factor (alphabetical order, US/international, etc). Any ideas on how this works in case of Olin? In most of the schools i applied to, i saw that majority of applicants got invited on the same day. But it is WashU Olin and Georgia Tech, where some people got invited a long time ago, but i didn't hear anything from them. so i wonder whether they are not interested in me, or it is just their procedure to break candidates into some kind of groups independently from how competitive they are.

I don't know what's the criteria. I have a 750 so they probably liked that but my WE is on the lower end. They also invited me to Women's Weekend on campus, so maybe they checked female apps first to allow time for logistics?
Not sure if location had something to do with the timing. I'm international but live in the midwest at the moment.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I don't know what's the criteria. I have a 750 so they probably liked that but my WE is on the lower end. They also invited me to Women's Weekend on campus, so maybe they checked female apps first to allow time for logistics?
Not sure if location had something to do with the timing. I'm international but live in the midwest at the moment.

interesting. my gmat is also 750, but my we is on the high end 8-) i am not even sure what is more preferable for schools in terms of low WE or high WE, i guess there is no rule to that and its case-by-case. logistics for Women's Weekend could well be an explanation. also it important whether you will have to obtain an F-1 visa or you are on a different type of visa that will allow you to go to school there? if you don't need F-1 and since you are already there , then you could fall into the US applicant bucket. my assumption is that schools nowadays might be especially careful enrolling people who need F-1, since there is a chance that some of them will not be able to attend due to visa policy chances or visa denials, etc.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.87
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
mrsonmax wrote:

interesting. my gmat is also 750, but my we is on the high end 8-) i am not even sure what is more preferable for schools in terms of low WE or high WE, i guess there is no rule to that and its case-by-case. logistics for Women's Weekend could well be an explanation. also it important whether you will have to obtain an F-1 visa or you are on a different type of visa that will allow you to go to school there? if you don't need F-1 and since you are already there , then you could fall into the US applicant bucket. my assumption is that schools nowadays might be especially careful enrolling people who need F-1, since there is a chance that some of them will not be able to attend due to visa policy chances or visa denials, etc.

Has any got an interview invite other than on-campus ones?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 507 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
WE:Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Guys, I am planning to conduct a live chat session on GMATClub (at a mutually agreed time and date) where one of members of the Admission Committee can address all our queries. I will try to have one current student too in the chat. Please let me know if you like to have such a session here!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
vivek6199 wrote:
Guys, I am planning to conduct a live chat session on GMATClub (at a mutually agreed time and date) where one of members of the Admission Committee can address all our queries. I will try to have one current student too in the chat. Please let me know if you like to have such a session here!!

Thank you for the initiative. Yes, we can definitely have.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Any invites yet?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
vivek6199 wrote:

Yes. That would be very helpful. Please plan it on a weekend so that everyone is available and not busy with office. I suppose 12th November would be great.

Thank you for the initiative. Looking forward to it.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sidceg wrote:
Any invites yet?

My application status shows submitted for almost a month now. No update from Olin. Anyone got any update or invites? Any idea when they send out the invites??
Thank you.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  15   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts