It is currently 16 Dec 2017, 07:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P
Affiliations: GMAT Club

Kudos [?]: 3862 [0], given: 2465

City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2017, 09:27
Creating a place for Olin-wannabees to hang out and network with other applicants. Let's do this. Olin 2020!

We can use this platform to know each-other, build network, exchange ideas/information, discuss application strategies, share interview /school visit experiences, and boost one-another's morale to face the tough admission process.

Happy networking.

Narenn

Olin Decision Tracker

Olin Reviews

Olin (2018 Intake) MBA Deadlines
Application deadlineNotification on or before
R1Oct 3, 17Dec 15, 17
R2Nov 30, 17Jan 26, 18
R3Feb 1, 18Mar 23, 18
R4Apr 10, 18May 9, 18

100+ Interview Debriefs from GMAT Club members

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Kudos [?]: 3862 [0], given: 2465

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.81
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2017, 22:50
I have submitted my app. anyone else did.?

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 18

CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2017, 10:22
haseebhassan wrote:

Me too. Has anyone heard from the school yet?

Intern
Intern
B

GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.81

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2017, 21:14
sidceg wrote:
haseebhassan wrote:

not yet

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 6

Concentration: Healthcare, International Business
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE: Pharmaceuticals (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2017, 04:18
In my account's dashboard, there's a message like this:
Your application is missing documents necessary to render decision. We will e-mail you a list of the specific documents required. You can e-mail the documents to OlinGradAdmissions@wustl.edu or provide us with an update on when we can expect to receive them.

But I haven't received any emails from them yet.
Do you guys have same message on your dashboard?

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 5

Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.84
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2017, 04:56
mosat wrote:
Your application is missing documents necessary to render decision. We will e-mail you a list of the specific documents required. You can e-mail the documents to OlinGradAdmissions@wustl.edu or provide us with an update on when we can expect to receive them.

My Dashboard says:
THIS MESSAGE SERVES AS CONFIRMATION THAT WE HAVE RECEIVED ALL THE NECESSARY DOCUMENTS IN ORDER TO RENDER A DECISION. YOUR APPLICATION IS IN REVIEW.

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 5

Manager
Manager
B

CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2017, 06:51
mosat wrote:

I suggest you reach out to the adcom or the person who you're in touch with to know what is missing.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2017, 07:16
sidceg wrote:
haseebhassan wrote:

Heard from them last week, which was really surprising considering it was only about a week after deadline and I submitted a last minute app. They are probably still going through the apps.

Intern
Intern
B

Concentration: Healthcare, International Business
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE: Pharmaceuticals (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2017, 06:08
Thanks guys, I've noticed that maybe I forgot to submit my diploma since I'm an international student and they require it for international students.
I uploaded it and send an email to the admissions. I hope this works.

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 750 Q42 V50
GPA: 4
WE: General Management (Insurance)

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2017, 04:09
Hi, does anybody know when the school will start sending out invites? or did anybody actually get their invites already?

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2017, 10:48
mrsonmax wrote:
Hi, does anybody know when the school will start sending out invites? or did anybody actually get their invites already?

Yes, I have it scheduled on campus in November and I think someone else said they already had their interview. They contacted me very quickly after I applied

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2017, 11:38
bk2018 wrote:
mrsonmax wrote:

Yes, I have it scheduled on campus in November and I think someone else said they already had their interview. They contacted me very quickly after I applied

thanks for info! this means one of the two things. Either they invite candidates which they find most attractive first. Or they break them down into groups based on whatever factor (alphabetical order, US/international, etc). Any ideas on how this works in case of Olin? In most of the schools i applied to, i saw that majority of applicants got invited on the same day. But it is WashU Olin and Georgia Tech, where some people got invited a long time ago, but i didn't hear anything from them. so i wonder whether they are not interested in me, or it is just their procedure to break candidates into some kind of groups independently from how competitive they are.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2017, 10:49
mrsonmax wrote:
bk2018 wrote:
mrsonmax wrote:

thanks for info! this means one of the two things. Either they invite candidates which they find most attractive first. Or they break them down into groups based on whatever factor (alphabetical order, US/international, etc). Any ideas on how this works in case of Olin? In most of the schools i applied to, i saw that majority of applicants got invited on the same day. But it is WashU Olin and Georgia Tech, where some people got invited a long time ago, but i didn't hear anything from them. so i wonder whether they are not interested in me, or it is just their procedure to break candidates into some kind of groups independently from how competitive they are.

I don't know what's the criteria. I have a 750 so they probably liked that but my WE is on the lower end. They also invited me to Women's Weekend on campus, so maybe they checked female apps first to allow time for logistics?
Not sure if location had something to do with the timing. I'm international but live in the midwest at the moment.

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2017, 01:38
I don't know what's the criteria. I have a 750 so they probably liked that but my WE is on the lower end. They also invited me to Women's Weekend on campus, so maybe they checked female apps first to allow time for logistics?
Not sure if location had something to do with the timing. I'm international but live in the midwest at the moment.

interesting. my gmat is also 750, but my we is on the high end 8-) i am not even sure what is more preferable for schools in terms of low WE or high WE, i guess there is no rule to that and its case-by-case. logistics for Women's Weekend could well be an explanation. also it important whether you will have to obtain an F-1 visa or you are on a different type of visa that will allow you to go to school there? if you don't need F-1 and since you are already there , then you could fall into the US applicant bucket. my assumption is that schools nowadays might be especially careful enrolling people who need F-1, since there is a chance that some of them will not be able to attend due to visa policy chances or visa denials, etc.

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 5

Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.35
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2017, 07:46
mrsonmax wrote:

interesting. my gmat is also 750, but my we is on the high end 8-) i am not even sure what is more preferable for schools in terms of low WE or high WE, i guess there is no rule to that and its case-by-case. logistics for Women's Weekend could well be an explanation. also it important whether you will have to obtain an F-1 visa or you are on a different type of visa that will allow you to go to school there? if you don't need F-1 and since you are already there , then you could fall into the US applicant bucket. my assumption is that schools nowadays might be especially careful enrolling people who need F-1, since there is a chance that some of them will not be able to attend due to visa policy chances or visa denials, etc.

Has any got an interview invite other than on-campus ones?

BSchool Forum Moderator
P

Kudos [?]: 148 [0], given: 57

Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
WE: Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2017, 17:46
Guys, I am planning to conduct a live chat session on GMATClub (at a mutually agreed time and date) where one of members of the Admission Committee can address all our queries. I will try to have one current student too in the chat. Please let me know if you like to have such a session here!!

Canadian Bschools: Detailed comparison
Resume Guides

If you found my post helpful, kindly press "+1 Kudos" to appreciate :) ..TIA

Kudos [?]: 148 [0], given: 57

Manager
Manager
B

CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2017, 02:04
vivek6199 wrote:
Guys, I am planning to conduct a live chat session on GMATClub (at a mutually agreed time and date) where one of members of the Admission Committee can address all our queries. I will try to have one current student too in the chat. Please let me know if you like to have such a session here!!

Thank you for the initiative. Yes, we can definitely have.

Manager
Manager
B

CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2017, 02:05
Any invites yet?

Manager
Manager
B

CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2017, 06:22
vivek6199 wrote:

Yes. That would be very helpful. Please plan it on a weekend so that everyone is available and not busy with office. I suppose 12th November would be great.

Thank you for the initiative. Looking forward to it.

Manager
Manager
B

CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2017, 06:23
sidceg wrote:
Any invites yet?

My application status shows submitted for almost a month now. No update from Olin. Anyone got any update or invites? Any idea when they send out the invites??
Thank you.

Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020   [#permalink] 06 Nov 2017, 06:23

Go to page    1   2   3   4   5    Next  [ 93 posts ] 

Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap