Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 10:07 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GRE 1: Q162 V157
GPA: 2.84
WE:Business Development (Real Estate)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 750 Q42 V50
GPA: 4
WE:General Management (Insurance)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
ShantanuSinha wrote:
sidceg wrote:
Any invites yet?

My application status shows submitted for almost a month now. No update from Olin. Anyone got any update or invites? Any idea when they send out the invites??
Thank you.

Got my invite just yesterday.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.84
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Do let us know your interview experiences.!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Overall great interview experience. Very friendly interviewer. Some non-standard questions - be prepared to talk about trends in whatever industry you are pursuing post-mba.
Several behavioral questions - actually more than I was asked on all other interviews. Also, the interviewer was interested about what impact i plan to make not only in the school community, but also in the local community outside of school. That was unexpected. In general, i would say that Olin interview was one of the most challenging in terms of number of questions asked, quality of behavioural questions, and % of unexpected questions. McCombs and Foster interviews were much more straightforward.
mrsonmax wrote:
Overall great interview experience. Very friendly interviewer. Some non-standard questions - be prepared to talk about trends in whatever industry you are pursuing post-mba.
Several behavioral questions - actually more than I was asked on all other interviews. Also, the interviewer was interested about what impact i plan to make not only in the school community, but also in the local community outside of school. That was unexpected. In general, i would say that Olin interview was one of the most challenging in terms of number of questions asked, quality of behavioural questions, and % of unexpected questions. McCombs and Foster interviews were much more straightforward.

Who is your interviewer ??
Manager
Manager
Send PM
nimisham942 wrote:
mrsonmax wrote:

Megan Waite. very nice lady! I had a different interviewer scheduled in the appointment, but then i got a change in the last minute. so when you do research on your interviewer (if you do), keep in mind that it can be changed drastically.

Originally posted by mrsonmax on 10 Nov 2017, 02:59.
Last edited by mrsonmax on 10 Nov 2017, 08:38, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
mrsonmax wrote:
nimisham942 wrote:
mrsonmax wrote:

Megan Waiter. very nice lady! I had a different interviewer scheduled in the appointment, but then i got a change in the last minute. so when you do research on your interviewer (if you do), keep in mind that it can be changed drastically.

She has been my point of contact since I was invited to the interview. She is so sweet. she called me several times to check in with me and always answered my emails so quickly. I'm having my interview today.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 590 Q37 V52
Send PM
Was interviewed on Thursday by Ashley Lautzenheiser. Nice interviewer, lots of behavioral questions. 10 questions in 30 minutes. Not the worst interview I have attended.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Send PM
Guys, submitted my application by sep 30.. haven't heard from the admissions team.. should I take it as being dinged??

Posted from my mobile device
Interviewed by Colton Richardson on Monday .
Questions asked were :-
1. Tell me about yourself
2. Why MBA ?
3. Why Olin's ?
4. Why consulting ?
5. Impact you made on local community
6. Tell me about a time when you were creative
7. What do you know about St.Louis ?
8. Tell me about a time you learnt fastly
9 Tell me about a time you have to justify what you had done
10. What is most imp factor you consider to choose among the b-schools you have applied ?
2-3 more questions ....
Prepare questions for interviewer
Interview lasted for 30 mins.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.65
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
nimisham942 wrote:
Interviewed by Colton Richardson on Monday .
Questions asked were :-
1. Tell me about yourself
2. Why MBA ?
3. Why Olin's ?
4. Why consulting ?
5. Impact you made on local community
6. Tell me about a time when you were creative
7. What do you know about St.Louis ?
8. Tell me about a time you learnt fastly
9 Tell me about a time you have to justify what you had done
10. What is most imp factor you consider to choose among the b-schools you have applied ?
2-3 more questions ....
Prepare questions for interviewer
Interview lasted for 30 mins.

Thanks for sharing your experience!
Hope you did well!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.87
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
codeassassin wrote:
Was interviewed on Thursday by Ashley Lautzenheiser. Nice interviewer, lots of behavioral questions. 10 questions in 30 minutes. Not the worst interview I have attended.

Thanks for the info. Do you recall the questions Ashley asked you.. Please share.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Send PM
Guys.. Anyone who applied by Oct 1 ;and haven't received a call yet?|

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.87
Send PM
codeassassin wrote:

Done with my Interview. My interviewer was also Ashley Lautzenheiser. She is really nice and makes you feel comfortable during interview and listens to you patiently. Few behavioral question, actually good question and few profile related and aspiration related questions. All the questions were very nicely framed and the Interview was neither very easy nor very difficult. Overall it was a very nice experience.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
0anonymous0 wrote:
Guys.. Anyone who applied by Oct 1 ;and haven't received a call yet?|

We are on the same boat buddy. I think it’s a ding :/

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Statistics, Finance
GMAT 1: 650 Q42 V35
GRE 1: Q161 V158
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
Hi Folks,
I was interviewed on 14th Nov by Megan Waite. Mostly behavioral questions. Fingers crossed.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
GPA: 3.04
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Applied for R2. Fingers crossed.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
WE:Project Management (Other)
Send PM
Hello People,
Is the second essay for Olin (asking for Post-MBA goals) for only 300 characters? I am asking to confirm this as it seems quite short as the essay prompt asks to describe the goals. :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
RP404 wrote:
Hello People,
Is the second essay for Olin (asking for Post-MBA goals) for only 300 characters? I am asking to confirm this as it seems quite short as the essay prompt asks to describe the goals. :)

Yes you read it right. It's just 300 characters which usually comes to one or two sentences. Good luck! :)

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  15   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts