It is currently 19 Nov 2017, 05:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Krannert (Purdue) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
User avatar
P
Status: Back to work...
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 4774

Kudos [?]: 3786 [0], given: 2445

Location: India
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Calling all Krannert (Purdue) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2017, 07:56
Creating a place for Krannert-wannabees to hang out and network with other applicants.

We can use this platform to know each-other, build network, exchange ideas/information, discuss application strategies, share interview /school visit experiences, and boost one-another's morale to face the tough admission process.

Happy networking.

Narenn

Krannert Decision Tracker



Krannert Reviews








Krannert (2018 Intake) MBA Deadlines
Application deadlineFinal decision notification
Early RoundNov 15, 17Rolling
Priority RoundJan 15, 18Rolling
Final International RoundMar 1, 18Rolling
Final Domestic RoundMay 1, 18Rolling

_________________

Every Wednesday: Meet MBA Experts in Chat Room and Ask Your Most-Pressing MBA Admission Questions to them in a Live Chat.

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Kudos [?]: 3786 [0], given: 2445

VP
VP
avatar
P
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 1284

Kudos [?]: 296 [0], given: 165

Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Krannert (Purdue) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2017, 05:36
Hi,

Does anyone know about Kira video essay? How many questions? what examples of the question asked?

Kudos [?]: 296 [0], given: 165

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Jun 2014
Posts: 18

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Location: India
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.4
Re: Calling all Krannert (Purdue) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2017, 02:41
Mo2men wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know about Kira video essay? How many questions? what examples of the question asked?


Hi Mo2men,
I completed my Kira essay. It had 6 video questions, most had 20 - 30 secs to prepare and 1 minute to answer, I believe there was one where I had to answer in 1.5 minutes.

The questions were pretty basic like describe a situation where you were leading a team or what did you learn from a failure of yours...

Hope this helps.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

VP
VP
avatar
P
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 1284

Kudos [?]: 296 [0], given: 165

Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Krannert (Purdue) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2017, 02:47
Ankitsahu84 wrote:
Mo2men wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know about Kira video essay? How many questions? what examples of the question asked?


Hi Mo2men,
I completed my Kira essay. It had 6 video questions, most had 20 - 30 secs to prepare and 1 minute to answer, I believe there was one where I had to answer in 1.5 minutes.

The questions were pretty basic like describe a situation where you were leading a team or what did you learn from a failure of yours...

Hope this helps.


Thanks a lot for your response and I wish you all the best.

Can you please mention more questions. You only listed 2? i hope you still remember them as it would be helpful :)

Kudos [?]: 296 [0], given: 165

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Jun 2014
Posts: 18

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Location: India
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.4
Re: Calling all Krannert (Purdue) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2017, 03:22
Mo2men wrote:
Ankitsahu84 wrote:
Mo2men wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know about Kira video essay? How many questions? what examples of the question asked?


Hi Mo2men,
I completed my Kira essay. It had 6 video questions, most had 20 - 30 secs to prepare and 1 minute to answer, I believe there was one where I had to answer in 1.5 minutes.

The questions were pretty basic like describe a situation where you were leading a team or what did you learn from a failure of yours...

Hope this helps.


Thanks a lot for your response and I wish you all the best.

Can you please mention more questions. You only listed 2? i hope you still remember them as it would be helpful :)


Don't remember the other questions, but they were very casual. Just be yourself.

Not sure what exactly the adcom reviews in these video questions but I got interview invite within 6-8 hours of submitting the Kira videos.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

BSchool Thread Master
User avatar
S
Joined: 15 May 2017
Posts: 139

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 6

Concentration: Operations
Schools: Broad '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3
WE: Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Krannert (Purdue) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2017, 05:02
Ankitsahu84 wrote:

Don't remember the other questions, but they were very casual. Just be yourself.

Not sure what exactly the adcom reviews in these video questions but I got interview invite within 6-8 hours of submitting the Kira videos.


From what I understand, they want to make sure that you are able to communicate verbally, speak at least coherent english and are able to think on your feet. I do not think the content of the answers matters tremendously. Basically, many applicants have their hands held through the whole process, with essays often being "touched up" to the point that they are far beyond what they applicant would be capable of and it makes it hard to evaluate. The video questions remove these handicaps and isolates the applicant.

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 6

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Jun 2014
Posts: 18

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Location: India
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.4
Re: Calling all Krannert (Purdue) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2017, 22:45
I was interviewed last night. It lasted 40 minutes and the questions were more on the lines of Why Krannert, Why MBA, etc.

I was told that the final decision may take 3-4 weeks. Waiting eagerly.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Jul 2017
Posts: 11

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling all Krannert (Purdue) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2017, 03:19
@ankitsahu,

Can you please tell more about your profile?

Also, Toefl is mandatory for international students right - what's the min score accepted?

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 6

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Jun 2014
Posts: 18

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Location: India
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.4
Re: Calling all Krannert (Purdue) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2017, 04:56
phoenix2805 wrote:
@ankitsahu,

Can you please tell more about your profile?

Also, Toefl is mandatory for international students right - what's the min score accepted?


IT BHU grad from 2006, working in IT industry and digital product space, worked in US for 4 years, led a business unit of IT services,

TOEFL is mandatory, 90 is minimum I guess.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Sep 2015
Posts: 14

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Location: Brazil
GPA: 3.74
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Krannert (Purdue) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2017, 16:52
Hey guys,

I'm in!! Admitted with 1 year GA Scholarship.

I applied 09/29 and got the admitted email yesterday 10/12. The Adcom committee is amazing.
It was a long path until here. Two years I dedicated my life to get into Krannert. For those who are struggling: be confident, be yourself, demonstrate WHY PURDUE in the most sincere way and everything will work out.

Hope to see you guys next year.

I will be happy to answer any questions you guys might have.

Boiler up!

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Jun 2014
Posts: 18

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Location: India
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.4
Re: Calling all Krannert (Purdue) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2017, 17:20
bitenca wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm in!! Admitted with 1 year GA Scholarship.

I applied 09/29 and got the admitted email yesterday 10/12. The Adcom committee is amazing.
It was a long path until here. Two years I dedicated my life to get into Krannert. For those who are struggling: be confident, be yourself, demonstrate WHY PURDUE in the most sincere way and everything will work out.

Hope to see you guys next year.

I will be happy to answer any questions you guys might have.

Boiler up!


Hi,
Congratulations!!
How did they inform you about scholarship? Was it in the first email of admittance or later? I have been admitted as well, however I do not have any communication on scholarship. I was interviewed on 11 Oct and admitted on 12 Oct IST but no communication on scholarship yet.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
User avatar
P
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 15864

Kudos [?]: 29067 [1], given: 5262

Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Multiple Decisions Reported [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2017, 17:30
1
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Krannert DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

  • Admitted, 8 minutes ago, from India, GMAT:650 (Q49 V30), GPA: 3.4, Industry: Internet and New Media, WE 132, heard via: email
  • Admitted, 48 minutes ago, from Brazil, GPA: 3.74, Industry: Retail, WE 64, heard via: email

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan


Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 29067 [1], given: 5262

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Sep 2015
Posts: 14

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Location: Brazil
GPA: 3.74
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling all Krannert (Purdue) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2017, 17:42
I got a call from an assistant director today around noon and they spoke with me for 5 minutes congratulating me and explaining what will happen next, and he told me that I was admitted with a 1year GA.

Congratulations man!! Happy to be with you in this challenging and exciting school!!

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Jun 2014
Posts: 18

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Location: India
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.4
Re: Calling all Krannert (Purdue) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2017, 18:48
bitenca wrote:
I got a call from an assistant director today around noon and they spoke with me for 5 minutes congratulating me and explaining what will happen next, and he told me that I was admitted with a 1year GA.

Congratulations man!! Happy to be with you in this challenging and exciting school!!


Congrats to you as well!! It will be an exciting journey.

I haven't heard of any scholarship yet. I may hear something this week.

Why is this group so inactive? I am concerned whether Krannert demand has gone down over the years? Or it has been historically like this?

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Jul 2017
Posts: 11

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling all Krannert (Purdue) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2017, 23:21
bitenca wrote:
I got a call from an assistant director today around noon and they spoke with me for 5 minutes congratulating me and explaining what will happen next, and he told me that I was admitted with a 1year GA.

Congratulations man!! Happy to be with you in this challenging and exciting school!!



What specialization in MBA are you looking for?

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 6

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Sep 2015
Posts: 14

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Location: Brazil
GPA: 3.74
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Krannert (Purdue) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2017, 12:09
Thank you Phoenix! I will go for Operations and Information Systems. Did you apply for fall 2018?

It is very early in the admission process I think that is why this topic is not on fire, but let the months pass by, prospects will go crazy here.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 29

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 42

Schools: Krannert '19 (M)
Re: Calling all Krannert (Purdue) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2017, 18:56
Hi guys,
Congratulations on your acceptance to the ones accepted already! And good luck with the process to the rest of you.
I am a first year MBA student at Krannert.
If you have any questions regarding the admission process or the school in general, please do not hesitate in contact me.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 42

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 15 Nov 2015
Posts: 52

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 122

Location: India
GPA: 3.7
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Krannert (Purdue) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2017, 10:20
alramda wrote:
Hi guys,
Congratulations on your acceptance to the ones accepted already! And good luck with the process to the rest of you.
I am a first year MBA student at Krannert.
If you have any questions regarding the admission process or the school in general, please do not hesitate in contact me.


Hi alramda,

COuple of questions..

What proportion of students in class get scholarship/fee waiver/TA/GA?

Also what is the average amount of scholarship offered?

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 122

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 29

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 42

Schools: Krannert '19 (M)
Re: Calling all Krannert (Purdue) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2017, 10:24
Hi alramda,

COuple of questions..

What proportion of students in class get scholarship/fee waiver/TA/GA?

Also what is the average amount of scholarship offered?[/quote]

Hello,

I do not have the exact %, but I believe it's around 60% maybe. Most people get offered a GA or TA.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 42

Re: Calling all Krannert (Purdue) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020   [#permalink] 30 Oct 2017, 10:24
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Krannert (Purdue) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.