Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 04:05 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 04:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [9]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 630 Q48 V29
GMAT 2: 650 Q47 V32
GMAT 3: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.2
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1728 [2]
Given Kudos: 67
Concentration: Finance, Human Resources
Schools: ISB '18 (D)
GPA: 3.97
WE:Project Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Send PM
Re: IIM Calcutta MBAEx (Earlier known as PGPEX) Applicants: 2020 Intake! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hello globaldesi,

It will be great if you can provide details of your work experience.

Regards,
SAC

globaldesi wrote:
prakharkaushik wrote:
Hi

I am a current student of MBAEx 2020 batch. Please feel to post your queries regarding the program, and I will be able to help with the queries.

Posted from my mobile device

How useful is this program for 9 years exp IT professional working in Investment banking?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Concentration: Operations, Finance
GMAT 1: 610 Q49 V24
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: IIM Calcutta MBAEx (Earlier known as PGPEX) Applicants: 2020 Intake! [#permalink]
Are the clubs at IIMC open to Executive MBA students also?
Current Student
Send PM
Expert Reply
Yes, all the clubs at IIMC are very much open for the MBAEx students since its a one year full time course.

Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1586 [1]
Given Kudos: 579
Concentration: Operations, Finance
GPA: 3.35
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
HI pgpexclass2020,

How is PGPEX differs from PGP? How does it helps to switch the role from IT to Management?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
How is PGPEX differs from PGP?
The PGP program is a 2 year full time course which is mostly for people with no or less than 5 years of work experience. It requires one to appear for the CAT exam.

The PGPEX (now MBAEx) course, on the hand, is for people with considerable work experience and exposure to the industry. The minimum criteria for this course is a minimum of 5 years of work experience. The average work experience in the PGPEX (MBAEx) batch is around 8-9 years. It is an one year full time residential course and the selection criteria consists of GMAT score, Letter of Recommendations, Statement of Purpose, Work Ex, Personal Interview etc.

How does it helps to switch the role from IT to Management?
This course is specially targeted for experienced professionals and provides them a platform to enhance their existing skills for senior and top management roles in the industry.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Operations, International Business
Schools: IIMA PGPX'22
GPA: 3.73
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Will GRE be considered for MBAEx program?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 148
Send PM
pgpexclass2020 prakharkaushik
Hi,
I have a total work experience of 9 years . 2 years with US mutual fund , 8 months with a UK data centre service provider and 6 years of garment manufacturing & e-commerce .
I will be writing gmat later this month .
How much gmat score should I aim for with this sort of profile ?

MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10016 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi pgpexclass2020,

Could you please give us a glimpse of the MBAEx class? What are the backgrounds of students? how classes are conducted? How is the placement scenario - are most of the students getting placed in their desired industries/companies?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 630 Q48 V29
GMAT 2: 650 Q47 V32
GMAT 3: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.2
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Hi Ashwani,

Sorry for the Late reply. I was occupied with exams and a few other activities.
Regarding your query, my inputs are

1) There is no hard line on the GMAT score. A lot of factors are considered by Adcom while reviewing a profile. GMAT is only one of those factors. Anything above 700 should be a competitive score.
2) You seem to have a good profile. Other than GMAT, I would recommend you to build up story on the salient features of your career, areas where you really made a difference, as those will help you to stand out and present your case well.

Below link will give you a good idea of the current batch.

https://www.iimcal.ac.in/class-of-2020

All the very best for your GMAT!

Regards
Prakhar
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Hi...
I am working as Administrative Officer in national insurance from past 04 years and also I have worked as Executive Intern for 3 years in RBI. Is it worth to leave govt job and go for this EMBA program. Also please help me evaluate my profile whether my work experience will be considered for application in this program??

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 251 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
WE:Marketing (Real Estate)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi prakharkaushik

with regards to the eligibility of applying, I am a 2015 graduate hence i have 4 full years of experience as of today, meaning when the PGPEX course starts I would be completing 5 years of work ex.

Hence can I apply now?
or Should I wait for next year for this course so I will be part of 2021 intake?
Current Student
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
yjindal wrote:
Hi...
I am working as Administrative Officer in national insurance from past 04 years and also I have worked as Executive Intern for 3 years in RBI. Is it worth to leave govt job and go for this EMBA program. Also please help me evaluate my profile whether my work experience will be considered for application in this program??

Hello there,

Anyone who has 5 years of full time work experience, is eligible to apply for this MBAEx course. There are many students in the current batch who have left jobs from reputed PSU's to gain further knowledge and exposure.
Why don't you join the Webinar planned on this Sat, 27th July 2019 at 11am IST, to know more about the program & have a chance to have your queries answered by the Chairperson of this program, Prof Amit Dhiman.

Link for Webinar registration:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... sp=sf_link
Current Student
Send PM
Expert Reply
chandrurrg wrote:
Are the clubs at IIMC open to Executive MBA students also?

Hello there,

Yes, all the clubs at IIMC are very much open for the MBAEx students since its a one year full time course.
Current Student
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
DarkHorse2019 wrote:
Hi prakharkaushik

with regards to the eligibility of applying, I am a 2015 graduate hence i have 4 full years of experience as of today, meaning when the PGPEX course starts I would be completing 5 years of work ex.

Hence can I apply now?
or Should I wait for next year for this course so I will be part of 2021 intake?

Hello there,

Below is the eligibility criteria for this course:

A bachelor's degree (minimum 10+2+3 years of formal education) or equivalent in any discipline
At least 5 years of full time post qualification managerial/professional experience as on March 31, 2020.
Valid GMAT Score (taken within last 36 months of application date).

So if you have a minimum of 5 years of experience as on March 31, 2020; you would be eligible.
Current Student
Send PM
Expert Reply
kshitijhbti wrote:
Will GRE be considered for MBAEx program?

Hello there,

Only GMAT scores are considered for this program.
Current Student
Send PM
Expert Reply
Narenn wrote:
Hi pgpexclass2020,

Could you please give us a glimpse of the MBAEx class? What are the backgrounds of students? how classes are conducted? How is the placement scenario - are most of the students getting placed in their desired industries/companies?

Hey, we have a webinar on Sat, 27th July 2019 at 11am IST which would cover the course pedagogy, admission process, eligibility criteria, current students profile, placement statistics etc. You can join the webinar to know more about the MBAEx program.

Registration link for webinar:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... sp=sf_link
Current Student
Send PM
Expert Reply
NandishSS wrote:
HI pgpexclass2020,

How is PGPEX differs from PGP? How does it helps to switch the role from IT to Management?

How is PGPEX differs from PGP?
The PGP program is a 2 year full time course which is mostly for people with no or less than 5 years of work experience. It requires one to appear for the CAT exam.

The PGPEX (now MBAEx) course, on the hand, is for people with considerable work experience and exposure to the industry. The minimum criteria for this course is a minimum of 5 years of work experience. The average work experience in the PGPEX (MBAEx) batch is around 8-9 years. It is an one year full time residential course and the selection criteria consists of GMAT score, Letter of Recommendations, Statement of Purpose, Work Ex, Personal Interview etc.

How does it helps to switch the role from IT to Management?
This course is specially targeted for experienced professionals and provides them a platform to enhance their existing skills for senior and top management roles in the industry.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts