GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 06 Dec 2019, 08:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

IIM Calcutta MBAEx (Earlier known as PGPEX) Applicants: 2020 Intake!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
Re: IIM Calcutta MBAEx (Earlier known as PGPEX) Applicants: 2020 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Aug 2019, 12:50
Vanish2k wrote:
What is Live Project
How it differentiates IIMC's One year MBA course?

1. Live Project- What is it?
Live Project component is one of the highlights of the program. As a part of the curriculum, each student works on a project, for 4-5 months with 03 weeks full time dedicated to this. We place great value in the need to augment our classroom education by applying our learnings in a real and live context to hone our skills and refine our knowledge. The live project acts as a catalyst to extract the most out of our MBA education by bridging the gap between theory and practice.

2) Why is it needed?
The academic curriculum not only strengthens our business understanding through peer to peer learning and case study-based approach but also provides us with the project component, which catapults it to the next level.
In the month of September, post-International Immersion, we dedicate 3 full weeks to work exclusively on Projects. Live projects are the need of the hour as they accelerate the process of synthesizing knowledge into wisdom. They provide the groundwork to build resilience to problems in VUCA (volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous) market settings.

3) How do you source the projects?
Our superlative Alum network, stellar Faculty and our in-house incubation cell all aid us in bagging the most exciting and challenging projects!
Companies encounter problems and/or opportunities, which many times, necessitate a fresh and novel approach. Free from entrenched practices and subjective bias, we engage with companies to bring in an expansive and rigorous problem-solving approach which is often, mentored by our faculty.

4) What kind of projects do you work on?
The Projects are on live problems encountered by companies. We have sourced projects spanning across functions and industries such as supply chain resource optimization, new market entry, branding & pricing strategies and business process improvement through IOT and AI etc. We have also bagged a project on designing one module of a pan-India e-commerce strategy for a major incumbent.
Official IIM-C Students Committee Member
B
Re: IIM Calcutta MBAEx (Earlier known as PGPEX) Applicants: 2020 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Aug 2019, 06:59
Third Webinar to take place on Saturday, 24th Aug 2019 at 3pm IST.
Join the live webinar to know more about the MBAEx program and also get a chance to interact directly with the Chairperson of this program, Prof Amit Dhiman.

Registration link:
https://forms.gle/7ktgfEUAtbgyvcF16
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 31 Aug 2019, 00:09
I have a doubt regarding marksheets of undergrads. I am from NIT and I have a grade card sheet (consolidated sheet with grades of all subjects for all semesters). Will it be sufficient or Should I submit transcripts only??
Generally we have to place request to our college to get transcripts and it will take some time to process those. Please clarify the same.

Originally posted by pradeep15793 on 30 Aug 2019, 05:48.
Last edited by pradeep15793 on 31 Aug 2019, 00:09, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.1
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 31 Aug 2019, 00:04
hi
I am from operations background and post MBAEx i wish to move towards Supply chain , can you kindly tell me about any special program or seminar that caters to SCM at IIMC
Manager
Manager
B
Schools: IIMB

Show Tags

New post 02 Sep 2019, 10:51
Your grade card sheet should do. Suggest you also contact the admissions office to get a confirmation.

Regards,
Tridisha

pradeep15793 wrote:
I have a doubt regarding marksheets of undergrads. I am from NIT and I have a grade card sheet (consolidated sheet with grades of all subjects for all semesters). Will it be sufficient or Should I submit transcripts only??
Generally we have to place request to our college to get transcripts and it will take some time to process those. Please clarify the same.

B
Concentration: International Business, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V39
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Sep 2019, 20:15
Greetings!

Please help me with the following queries pertaining to IIM-C application:

1. For the current ongoing job, should the 'ending date' in the 'Career summary' section be 31 March 2020? I see that it cannot be blank.
2. What exactly is needed in the text box 'Role' in the 'Career summary' section? Is it the same as the ' Current job Description' box in the 'Work Experience' page?

Thanks.
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 05 Sep 2019, 23:10
Thank you for your response. Indeed received confirmation from admissions office that grade card is sufficient.
Tridisha1 wrote:
Your grade card sheet should do. Suggest you also contact the admissions office to get a confirmation.

Regards,
Tridisha

pradeep15793 wrote:

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: IIMA
GMAT 1: 620 Q47 V30
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Sep 2019, 08:09
Hello, Please can someone let me know if there is a whatsapp group for ISB and IIM Applicants? If not, I suggest we create a group - its easy and convenient. Please PM me if interested.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41

Show Tags

New post 06 Sep 2019, 08:15
ShreyansJ wrote:
Hello, Please can someone let me know if there is a whatsapp group for ISB and IIM Applicants? If not, I suggest we create a group - its easy and convenient. Please PM me if interested.

https://chat.whatsapp.com/EdVJtkStepO0ZqgKLSFumJ

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: IIMA
GMAT 1: 620 Q47 V30
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39

Show Tags

New post 06 Sep 2019, 08:22
nrg08 wrote:
ShreyansJ wrote:

https://chat.whatsapp.com/EdVJtkStepO0ZqgKLSFumJ

Thank You!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Sep 2019, 22:20
Hi

Do I need to send GMAT score from GMAC site to IIM or official report copy of PDF attached in application is ok?
Please reply today as today is deadline for round 1
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2019, 00:31
I think u have to do both.

sunilb wrote:
Hi

Do I need to send GMAT score from GMAC site to IIM or official report copy of PDF attached in application is ok?
Please reply today as today is deadline for round 1

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V32
GPA: 3.2

Show Tags

New post 17 Sep 2019, 23:50
Why I am not able to view the IIM C decision tracker? it redirects me to IIM A decision tracker.

Admins/Mods please help. Is it only for me?
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2019, 12:05
Chandru22 wrote:
Why I am not able to view the IIM C decision tracker? it redirects me to IIM A decision tracker.

Admins/Mods please help. Is it only for me?

Chandru22

This is not only for you. All the IIM decisions are grouped under IIMA. So, IIMC decisions are also included in the IIMA decision tracker.
B
Schools: ISB '21

Show Tags

New post 21 Sep 2019, 06:51
Anybody gotten their interview email yet??
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V32
GPA: 3.2

Show Tags

New post 21 Sep 2019, 07:11
28sarthak wrote:
Anybody gotten their interview email yet??

nope.. not yet
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2019, 03:24
Shortlists for R1 out in IIM-C website

Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
WE: Business Development (Retail Banking)

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2019, 09:18
Guys,got through.Selected for interview.

BSchool Forum Moderator
P
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2019, 10:17
Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
WE: Business Development (Retail Banking)

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2019, 10:31
pikolo2510 wrote:
Awesome, what are the interview dates?

This will help collaborate and share the interview experiences

For Delhi location, interviews are scheduled on 19-20 October.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: IIM Calcutta MBAEx (Earlier known as PGPEX) Applicants: 2020 Intake!   [#permalink] 23 Sep 2019, 10:31

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7    Next  [ 139 posts ] 

IIM Calcutta MBAEx (Earlier known as PGPEX) Applicants: 2020 Intake!

new topic post reply Update application status