Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 03:52 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 03:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51453 [2]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51453 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Calling all Ross 2018 Applicants - Class of 2020 [#permalink]
souvik101990 wrote:
sealberg wrote:
Is anyone else not able to access the Full Time application? When I select Full Time it states that there are no terms available..

I think the portal isn't live yet. It will be soon that's for sure. Do you plan to apply R1?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Yep! Cant' wait to visit Ann Arbor soon too!
Alum
Send PM
Expert Reply
sealberg wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:
sealberg wrote:
Is anyone else not able to access the Full Time application? When I select Full Time it states that there are no terms available..

I think the portal isn't live yet. It will be soon that's for sure. Do you plan to apply R1?

When are you visiting? Do keep us updated!

Any reapplicant here?

I was wondering if we could get a Ross admit from last year or a current student to chat about their experience with us. What do you guys think?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Healthcare, Technology
Schools: Darden '20
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.6
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
In for R1
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [2]
Schools: Ross '19 (M$)
Send PM
Kudos
souvik101990 wrote:
sealberg wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:

When are you visiting? Do keep us updated!

Any reapplicant here?

I was wondering if we could get a Ross admit from last year or a current student to chat about their experience with us. What do you guys think?

I'm happy to talk about my experience or answer any questions about the application process as an international applicant. I'll be matriculating at Ross in the fall.
Alum
Send PM
Expert Reply
mbamsay wrote:
I'm happy to talk about my experience or answer any questions about the application process as an international applicant. I'll be matriculating at Ross in the fall.

Thanks so much for willing to help and contribute. I have a few questions for you.

Last year's Ross essay was entirely personal in nature. How did you approach the question? How was your interview experience?

Also needless to say: congratulations on those stellar multiple admits! Could you also share a bit of your background?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [4]
Schools: Ross '19 (M$)
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
souvik101990 wrote:
mbamsay wrote:

Thanks so much for willing to help and contribute. I have a few questions for you.

Last year's Ross essay was entirely personal in nature. How did you approach the question? How was your interview experience?

Also needless to say: congratulations on those stellar multiple admits! Could you also share a bit of your background?

I'll do my best to answer. In reverse order:

Relatively standard banking credit risk background, 29yr old Chemistry grad w/6 years work experience (2.5yr undergrad LDP, 2.5yr manager, 1yr senior manager), British national, previously applied to LBS and was rejected after interview (the interview went really badly).

Ross was actually my last interview but my first and only alumni interview this year (I withdrew from Fuqua before my interview). My last year LBS interview was also alumni so was a little nervous because the guy who interviewed me was not particularly nice or friendly and seemed to approach it like I was something off the bottom of his shoe although I was a lot more confident that the year prior as I'd worked out how to sell my story (very important) and knew what to do/not to do. The actual interview questions are no different to those you'd find on clearadmit in terms of what they ask (usually set questions by Ross adcom) but I spent over an hour talking about things both Ross & non-Ross related so came out of it pretty confident.

The personal question whilst personal, is still a business school question so I just approached it like any normal interview question in term of how I answered it. The adcom are just looking to find people who are more than just GMAT numbers and promotions and for me I talked about overcoming long term knee injuries to complete a life goal in one of my hobbies (cycling), just framing it as what the problem was (injury), how I went about the process and what my achievement was, and finally what it taught me and how I have applied that in my personal and professional life.
Alum
Send PM
Expert Reply
mbamsay wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:
mbamsay wrote:

I'll do my best to answer. In reverse order:

Relatively standard banking credit risk background, 29yr old Chemistry grad w/6 years work experience (2.5yr undergrad LDP, 2.5yr manager, 1yr senior manager), British national, previously applied to LBS and was rejected after interview (the interview went really badly).

Ross was actually my last interview but my first and only alumni interview this year (I withdrew from Fuqua before my interview). My last year LBS interview was also alumni so was a little nervous because the guy who interviewed me was not particularly nice or friendly and seemed to approach it like I was something off the bottom of his shoe although I was a lot more confident that the year prior as I'd worked out how to sell my story (very important) and knew what to do/not to do. The actual interview questions are no different to those you'd find on clearadmit in terms of what they ask (usually set questions by Ross adcom) but I spent over an hour talking about things both Ross & non-Ross related so came out of it pretty confident.

The personal question whilst personal, is still a business school question so I just approached it like any normal interview question in term of how I answered it. The adcom are just looking to find people who are more than just GMAT numbers and promotions and for me I talked about overcoming long term knee injuries to complete a life goal in one of my hobbies (cycling), just framing it as what the problem was (injury), how I went about the process and what my achievement was, and finally what it taught me and how I have applied that in my personal and professional life.

Hi,

Thank you for such a detailed response. I am glad so many admits worked out for you and it is clearly LBS and Fuqua's loss. Your essay format also ties in nicely with the question asked and I am big believer of logical responses so I can see why adcoms liked your story. Thank you for sharing. Can I ask what made you choose Ross over Anderson/Johnson?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
Given Kudos: 89
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
No ross events in India this round?

The earliest Full Time MBA event is in November.
Alum
Send PM
Expert Reply
I am live with the Ross Adcom! Join us here!

Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51453 [1]
Send PM