Last visit was: 09 May 2024, 11:26 It is currently 09 May 2024, 11:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [6]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GRE 1: Q168 V164
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [2]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
Reserved Post.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Re: Calling all Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
First post on this forum. In for R1!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE:Engineering (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Having some trouble starting the application. After selecting start a new application, the site takes to the program selection page. When I click Full Time Day MBA, the site is showing "No Terms Available". Whats the issue? :~
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.58
WE:Corporate Finance (Manufacturing)
Send PM
In for round one! Go Blue!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Kudos
HaddyPainkiller wrote:
Having some trouble starting the application. After selecting start a new application, the site takes to the program selection page. When I click Full Time Day MBA, the site is showing "No Terms Available". Whats the issue? :~

The Business School told me that the online application won't be available until July. Maybe it's that? I haven't tried logging in though, so I'm not sure.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.58
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Quote:

I was wondering the same thing!
In for Round 1
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1588 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Admitted to Ross with Just Two Years of Work Experience

The Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan is a dream school for many an MBA applicant. Those who seek careers in Operations and in Consulting are especially attracted by the allure of the school. The steely gates of Ross are manned by gatekeepers who are quite particular about the credentials of those who enter. The average experience for the incoming class hovers around 5 years, so to hope to be admitted to Ross with just 2 years of experience was more than even a dream. A dream that Rahul Kumar, a mechanical engineer working with Tata Steel and a GyanOne client, chose to pursue. This is the story of how his dream became reality, with a twist at the end: the success story of Rahul Kumar.

If there is one quality among the many that the Ross MBA program looks for that stands out for Rahul Kumar, it is his tenacity and his potential. He grew up in a relatively water-parched region of India, but made that his strength than his weakness. In a way, that is a characteristic of winners around the world, and not just successful MBA applicants, isn’t it? Converting a weakness to a strength, and rising against all odds! This would be a theme that would resonate with Rahul even later, during his MBA admissions process.

Rahul went to IIT Kharagpur, and used his time there to not just earn a degree that is coveted across India, but also to conduct research on cheap methods to filter water. Some of his contributions are today helping hundreds of people back in his old hometown. Just like Rahul chose to do himself – this time at Tata Steel in Odisha, India.READ MORE

This post was first published on the GyanOne Blog
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
GMAT 1: 640 Q39 V38
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V38
Send PM
In for round 1. Go BLUE!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
WE:Business Development (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Hi

Can anyone tell me that whether the time of application makes a difference in the chances of Admit. To be clear, say that the application acceptance for the round one starts in the month of July and ends in October, does that make a difference if I submit the application in July-August or in September-October ??

TIA
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1588 [0]
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Michigan Ross MBA essays 2016 Analysis

The Michigan Ross MBA essays have changed. While most top business schools either revamp their essay sets from year to year, or leave them unchanged, Michigan Ross has gone with a third approach – it has modified the topics a bit, and changed (reduced) the word limits associated with each essay. While the changes to the Ross MBA essays 2016 are few, they are highly significant, and would involve a very different approach from those applying to the program.

Ross MBA essays 2016 – what has changed?

The Ross MBA essays 2016 are:

What are you most proud of outside of your professional life? How does it shape who you are today? (up to 400 words)
What is your desired career path and why? (up to 250 words)
In addition to these required essays, the Ross MBA also has an optional essay that can be used by applicants to explain any extenuating circumstances (choice of recommenders, GMAT scores, reason for opting for a second MBA, as examples) as needed.

The first key change in this essay set pertains to the addition of the words “outside of your professional life” to the first essay. Clearly, Ross wants to understand the person behind the resume, the GMAT scores, and the professional goals. This may also be a bit of a surprise in the sense that Ross has never been a school to focus on extra-curricular/extra-professional achievements very closely earlier. READ MORE
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Any idea what should be the format for the reapplicant essay? Should we write it in the form of an official cover letter or just like any other essay

And its kinda weird that the essay should be uploaded along with resume.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Send PM
daredevil123 wrote:
Any idea what should be the format for the reapplicant essay? Should we write it in the form of an official cover letter or just like any other essay

I've seen bullet points from a friend's reapplication essay. It was framed like kindly allow me to articulate why I'm a better fit for the MBA program this year.

She had like:

- Retook GMAT received ____ prior score was _____. Q score went up by ____. This, I feel, is a testament to being able to handle the academic rigor of the program.

-Received promotions

-Volunteered in Asia at a non-profit

Each had several sentences of elaboration and it really showed growth.

Good luck!
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1426 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
I happen to have a successful example of the professional essay on my website

Farrell Dyan Hehn, MBA
Admissions Consultant & Verbal Tutor MBAPrepCoach.com
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1426 [1]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
PsychGuy845 wrote:
daredevil123 wrote:

I've seen bullet points from a friend's reapplication essay. It was framed like kindly allow me to articulate why I'm a better fit for the MBA program this year.

She had like:

- Retook GMAT received ____ prior score was _____. Q score went up by ____. This, I feel, is a testament to being able to handle the academic rigor of the program.

-Received promotions

Good luck!

I would really urge any reapplicant to review this article. Sometimes it's about getting a better GMAT but other times it's about goals, greater self-awareness more wisdom, rather than piling more accomplishments on to the heap. https://poetsandquants.com/2016/07/11/rejected-top-mba-program/

Farrell Dyan Hehn, MBA
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Send PM
Makes sense, good read Farrell. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi Farrell,

I tried looking on your website for thessay but couldn't find it. Can you please post the link here.

Thanks

MBAPrepCoach wrote:
I happen to have a successful example of the professional essay on my website

Farrell Dyan Hehn, MBA
Manager
Manager
Send PM
This is an interesting approach, certainly not traditional. Any idea on the word limit for Ross reapplicant essay?

PsychGuy845 wrote:
daredevil123 wrote:

She had like:

-Received promotions

Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  33   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts