Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 10:31 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 10:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
WE:General Management (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Healthcare, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V36
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
WE:Business Development (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
WE:Operations (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
Hi All,

I am almost done with my application and essays. However, I just wanted to know what kind of information can we share through the Additional Information section. I was thinking of sharing details of my failed entrepreneurial venture, which I haven't provided anywhere else in my application (except one line in my goals essay). I feel that it would be beneficial for me as my long term goal is to get in to entrepreneurship, and it will help portray my efforts to achieve that goal.

Thanks,
ersheet
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Operations, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Pharmaceuticals (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
ersheet wrote:
Hi All,

I am almost done with my application and essays. However, I just wanted to know what kind of information can we share through the Additional Information section. I was thinking of sharing details of my failed entrepreneurial venture, which I haven't provided anywhere else in my application (except one line in my goals essay). I feel that it would be beneficial for me as my long term goal is to get in to entrepreneurship, and it will help portray my efforts to achieve that goal.

Thanks,
ersheet

That sounds like an optional essay to me. If there was no such thing as an Additional Information Question that's where I would add that information. Have you considered adding it there? Per a quick email to Ross, I used my additional information section to show the transcripts from the non-degree granting quantitative courses I've taken (outside of my undergraduate degree).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
WE:Operations (Telecommunications)
Send PM
wildfire578 wrote:
ersheet wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks,
ersheet

That sounds like an optional essay to me. If there was no such thing as an Additional Information Question that's where I would add that information. Have you considered adding it there? Per a quick email to Ross, I used my additional information section to show the transcripts from the non-degree granting quantitative courses I've taken (outside of my undergraduate degree).

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt response. I was actually gonna use the optional essay for some other purpose, but i'll drop that idea now and use it for my entrepreneurial venture.

Thanks and all the best!!!
ersheet
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 106
GPA: 3.8
WE:Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
ersheet wrote:
wildfire578 wrote:
ersheet wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks,
ersheet

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt response. I was actually gonna use the optional essay for some other purpose, but i'll drop that idea now and use it for my entrepreneurial venture.

Thanks and all the best!!!
ersheet

I spoke with the associate director of admissions about a very similar question actually! She said to just make sure everything you want to convey is in the essays/resume somewhere. I could even find a way to include that in the second essay regarding career path. You could say something along the lines of how the lessons learned from the failed venture gave you the motivation to pursue a Ross MBA. You could even list it as a bullet point in the 3rd essay since they supposedly prefer bullets over intense writing for that particular one. This is just my opinion though, just trying to help!

Btw, i am applying for the weekend program and am not sure if the essays are identical to the full time program. Here is what is for the weekend:
Complete both required essays:

What are you most proud of outside of your professional life? How does it shape who you are today? (up to 400 words)
What is your desired career path and why? (up to 250 words)
Optional Statement:

This section should only be used to convey information not addressed elsewhere in your application, for example, completion of supplemental coursework, employment gaps, academic issues, etc. Feel free to use bullet points where appropriate.

And according to recent applicants and people in admissions, you can write multiple "bullets" or ideas for the 3rd essay. I am using it to convey why my recommender is not my current supervisor/employer...Also, why I moved from Supply chain to non-profit back to Supply Chain lol....Hope this helps and ask any question you'd like, i live close by and am in contact with a few Ross Ambassadors. Good Luck!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Anyone else having trouble previewing the academic transcripts?

I've tried multiple systems and browsers but can't preview them!

Any suggestions?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Send PM
Any idea what is the exact time till when we can submit?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 770 Q50 V44
Send PM
Yes, I'm facing the same issue (since a few days now).

Seems to be some sort of bug, but I don't think it should cause any problem as long as the sizes of the actual and uploaded files match.

Prawn wrote:
Anyone else having trouble previewing the academic transcripts?

I've tried multiple systems and browsers but can't preview them!

Any suggestions?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
WE:Business Development (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
HI Guys !!

Just submitted the application to Ross. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Good luck to all.

I have self reported the GMAT scores but did not upload the unofficial score, since there was no option available. But the confirmation e-mail that I got says that "Though we will use unofficial test scores to begin evaluating your application, please contact the testing agency to have your official scores released to the University of Michigan as soon as possible if you have not done so already".

Can someone suggest what does it mean. Although, I shall call the office tomorrow, but if someone already has this clarity, please post it, so that applicants submitting on the last day can be benefited.

Regards !!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 770 Q50 V44
Send PM
Just submitted my Round 1 application to Ross!

Cheers, and good luck to all :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Just submitted my application to Ross! :)

Any idea by when can we expect interview invites?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Hi All,
I am trying to login to Ross website to submit my applications but I am getting a 500 Internal server error. Is anyone facing a similar problem?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.91
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
djain0702 wrote:
Hi All,
I am trying to login to Ross website to submit my applications but I am getting a 500 Internal server error. Is anyone facing a similar problem?

I'm getting the same error
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
adiz wrote:
djain0702 wrote:
Hi All,

I am also getting the same error
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kevalshah wrote:
adiz wrote:
djain0702 wrote:
Hi All,

Should we wait for some time for the website come up or should we drop an email to the ad-com?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I am also getting the same error[/quote]

Should we wait for some time for the website come up or should we drop an email to the ad-com?[/quote]

Does anyone have idea of time for deadline?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kevalshah wrote:

Should we wait for some time for the website come up or should we drop an email to the ad-com?[/quote]

Does anyone have idea of time for deadline?[/quote]

I think it is 9:30 AM tomorrow IST
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
djain0702 wrote:
kevalshah wrote:

Should we wait for some time for the website come up or should we drop an email to the ad-com?

Does anyone have idea of time for deadline?[/quote]

I think it is 9:30 AM tomorrow IST[/quote]

I submitted my app 4 hours back, there was no system issue then, I would suggest you guys write to adcom rather than waiting till the last moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  33   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts