It is currently 24 Aug 2017, 01:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all NYU Stern Applicants (2017 Intake) Class of 2019

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Stern Thread Master
B

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Concentration: Strategy, General Management
WE: Operations (Commercial Banking)
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling all NYU Stern Applicants (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 May 2016, 23:21
This post was
BOOKMARKED

Stern Thread Master
B

GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 21 May 2016, 23:23
Hey everyone,

This thread is for the applicants targeting the the Fall '16 deadlines of the Fall '17 intake for the Full time MBA at NYU Stern. Stern has not yet released the deadlines but since they usually happen by the second week of June, it's always good to be prepared. I'll update the details on main thread as and when they get released.

1 KUDOS received
Stern Thread Master
B

Kudos [?]: 9 [1] , given: 1

GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 15 Jun 2016, 21:43
This post received
KUDOS
This just in! Stern has released it's essays and deadlines for the 2017 intake!

"Essays
Please note that our application is undergoing annual updates. Below are our essays for Fall 2017.

Our Stern essay questions give you the opportunity to more fully present yourself to the Admissions Committee and to provide insight into your experiences, goals and thought processes.

Please note the following details when completing your essays.
Written essays must be submitted using double-spacing and 12-point font.
Your response to Essay 1 should answer all parts of the question with a total maximum of 750 words.
Your essays should be written entirely by you. An offer of admission will be revoked if you did not write your essays.

Essay 1: Professional Aspirations

(750 word maximum, double-spaced, 12-point font)

Why pursue an MBA (or dual degree) at this point in your life?
What actions have you taken to determine that Stern is the best fit for your MBA experience?
What do you see yourself doing professionally upon graduation?

Essay 2: Personal Expression

Please describe yourself to your MBA classmates. You may use almost any method to convey your message (e.g. words, illustrations). Feel free to be creative.

Please note the following guidelines and restrictions:

Your submission becomes the property of NYU Stern and cannot be returned for any reason.
Written Submission: The essay should be 500 words maximum, double-spaced, 12-point font.
Video/Audio Submission: If you submit a video or audio file, it should be five minutes maximum, and the file should be uploaded to a video/audio hosting website. You must include the URL, along with a brief description of the video/audio piece, in a Word or PDF document with your online application. Do not mail a USB or DVD to our office. The Admissions Committee reserves the right to request an alternate essay if we are unable to view your submission.
Physical Submission: If you submit a physical piece for this essay (e.g. artwork), you must include a Word or PDF document with a photo and a brief description of your submission with your online application and note the following:
Do not submit anything perishable (e.g. food), or any item that has been worn (e.g. clothing).
Mailed materials must be postmarked by the application deadline date. Please follow our mail and labeling instructions.
Mailed packages are subject to the size restrictions below. Submissions that exceed the stated size restrictions will not be accepted for review by the Admissions Committee.
Packaging Type Dimensions: Non-metric Dimensions: Metric
Box 14” x 12” x 3” 36cm x 31cm x 8cm
Cylindrical tube 3” x 36” 8cm x 91cm
Triangular tube 38” x 6” x 6” x 6” 97cm x 16cm x 16 cm x 16 cm

Essay 3. Additional Information (optional)

Please provide any additional information that you would like to bring to the attention of the Admissions Committee. This may include current or past gaps in employment, further explanation of your undergraduate record or self-reported academic transcript(s), plans to retake the GMAT, GRE, IELTS or TOEFL or any other relevant information.

If you are a re-applicant from last year, please explain how your candidacy has improved since your last application.

Deadline
1st Deadline October 15, 2016
2nd Deadline November 15, 2016
3rd Deadline January 15, 2017
4th Deadline March 15, 2017

Initial Notification* By
1st Deadline December 15, 2016
2nd Deadline February 15, 2017
3rd Deadline April 1, 2017
4th Deadline June 1, 2017

* You will receive one of three initial notifications: invitation to interview, waitlist offer or denial of admission.

Your application must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. U.S. Eastern Time on the day of the deadline. Any mailed application material must be postmarked by the deadline date.

International Applicants
You are encouraged to apply by the November 15 deadline to facilitate visa arrangements and to have priority consideration for off-site interviews, if desired. You may also apply for any other deadline.

Incomplete Applications
If your application is not complete (for example, missing test scores, essays or other items, illegible scanned transcript) you will be informed via your application status page. If you do not provide a completed application by the deadline, we cannot guarantee notification by the initial notification date.

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
G
Affiliations: GMAT Club

Kudos [?]: 3532 [0], given: 2395

City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all NYU Stern Applicants (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jun 2016, 09:38
Welcome to all prospective NYU Stern applicants to the Class of 2019 discussion. Use this platform to know each-other, build network, exchange ideas/information, discuss application strategies, share interview /school visit experiences, and boost one-another's morale to face the tough admission process.

Good luck to all!

Every Wednesday: Meet MBA Experts in Chat Room and Ask Your Most-Pressing MBA Admission Questions to them in a Live Chat.

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Kudos [?]: 3532 [0], given: 2395

1 KUDOS received
Stern Thread Master
B

GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 05 Jul 2016, 09:54
This post received
KUDOS
Stern launches FinTech

FinTech

FinTech covers technology-enabled business model innovation in the financial sector. Such innovation can disrupt existing industry structures and blur industry boundaries, facilitate strategic disintermediation, revolutionize how firms create and deliver products and services, create significant privacy, regulatory and law-enforcement challenges, provide new gateways for entrepreneurship, and seed opportunities for inclusive growth. Examples of innovations that are central to FinTech include cryptocurrencies and the blockchain, digital advisory and trading systems, artificial intelligence and machine learning, peer-to-peer lending, equity crowdfunding and mobile payment systems.

Sample Courses:

FinTech Analytics: Data-Driven Credit Modeling
Digital Currencies, Blockchains, and the Financial Services Industry
Financial Information Systems
Robo Advisors & Systematic Trading
Entrepreneurial Finance: Focus on FinTech
Risk Management for FinTech
FinTech Personal Finance and Payments
Dealing with Data

Please note that this is a selection of courses and is subject to change.

Especially Applicable to Careers in Finance, Entrepreneurship, and Technology such as:

Investment Banking
International Finance
Social Entrepreneurship
Sales and Trading
Information Technology
Product Management

For more information, please see the below link
http://www.stern.nyu.edu/experience-stern/news-events/nyu-stern-offer-new-fintech-specialization-mba-curriculum-starting-fall-2016

Stern Thread Master
B

GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 02 Aug 2016, 22:12

NYU Stern application for Fall 2017 is now live

Please use the below link to apply for the 2017 full time MBA intake.

http://www.stern.nyu.edu/programs-admissions/full-time-mba/admissions/apply/online-application

Godspeed everyone! May the force be with us all...

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 9

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 29 Aug 2016, 12:45
NYU Stern is unique in that it offers 4 rounds of admission. Round 3 is generally advised against at other schools. Anyone know if round 3 at Stern the same way, or if it's viewed more as "round 2" at other schools?

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 9

Stern Thread Master
B

GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2016, 00:27
shortstop wrote:
NYU Stern is unique in that it offers 4 rounds of admission. Round 3 is generally advised against at other schools. Anyone know if round 3 at Stern the same way, or if it's viewed more as "round 2" at other schools?

Having attended Stern's admissions event last year, the adcom representative informed me that they usually advise the international candidates to apply by 2nd deadline so that they can conduct the interviews for them in-person.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 1

Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2016, 09:46
Hi Folks,

First of all this is an unusually quiet thread - I am starting to wonder if this is the correct thread.

My query is targeted to international applicants. In the section for International declarations, Stern asks if you are able to finance your education on your own without loan or scholarships. I believe most international students would need loans or scholarships or a combination of these.

Can someone shed light on, if answering negatively to the above question has any impact on the applicant candidacy?

Cheers

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 13

GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2016, 10:04
makeitlarge wrote:
Hi Folks,

First of all this is an unusually quiet thread - I am starting to wonder if this is the correct thread.

My query is targeted to international applicants. In the section for International declarations, Stern asks if you are able to finance your education on your own without loan or scholarships. I believe most international students would need loans or scholarships or a combination of these.

Can someone shed light on, if answering negatively to the above question has any impact on the applicant candidacy?

Cheers

I'm in the same boat my man - definitely quiet here but guess the big schools attract more attention.

I assume very few applicants have $120,000 cash on hand to finance their MBA so don't think it'll be a deciding factor, but if you indicate you have saved $0 they may question how committed you are?

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 13

Intern
Intern

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2016, 16:42
ddb1990 wrote:
makeitlarge wrote:
Hi Folks,

Cheers

I'm in the same boat my man - definitely quiet here but guess the big schools attract more attention.

I assume very few applicants have $120,000 cash on hand to finance their MBA so don't think it'll be a deciding factor, but if you indicate you have saved $0 they may question how committed you are?

Thanks for replying - at least, I am not in the wrong group.

I agree with your point of view. However, I got a friend to check internally in the current first year class and not a single person had answered it negatively; even though the amounts they mentioned were definitely lesser.

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 2

Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V44
GPA: 3.35

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2016, 18:28
Oh man someone posted....this thread is so dead. Did you guys also notice that this app pool has like half of what they had last year....wonder why that is.

Posted from my mobile device

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 18

Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
WE: Analyst (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2016, 20:01
columbiahopeful wrote:
Oh man someone posted....this thread is so dead. Did you guys also notice that this app pool has like half of what they had last year....wonder why that is.

Maybe less people are bothered to report their schools?? and they already have all the information they need going through old threads so they don't post anything.. i guess

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 18

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2016, 23:09
hope4thebest wrote:
columbiahopeful wrote:

Maybe less people are bothered to report their schools?? and they already have all the information they need going through old threads so they don't post anything.. i guess

I'm not sure if that's true because booth's applicant numbers on gmatclub were right on par with the prior year...though the number interviewed to invite for the first round dropped drastically unless a lot of people haven't reported yet.

Intern
Intern

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2016, 00:05
hope4thebest wrote:
columbiahopeful wrote:

But then that would be true for all other schools as well, maybe?

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 4

Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2016, 06:44
The fall in rankings could have led to lesser people applying this year around.

Intern
Intern

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2016, 09:03
techfreak wrote:

Valid point, at least from an international POV. But, I won't expect it to fall so drastically for domestic and this thread literally has no presence.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2016, 09:15
makeitlarge wrote:
techfreak wrote:

Valid point, at least from an international POV. But, I won't expect it to fall so drastically for domestic and this thread literally has no presence.

Looking at other forum's as well I barely see Stern as a priority for students at least in Round 1. Maybe this will pick up in the second round. I am not happy with the admissions committee. They should at least be doing damage control in such forums. The fall in rankings was a huge mistake by them and it does not reflect well on them.

I love NYU but small things like this will just push applicants to other schools.

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2016, 09:53
makeitlarge wrote:
techfreak wrote:

I'm surprised a one year drop would affect it so much. It's not like job outcomes drastically changed. Do people really care about yearly rankings that much especially when most people should know why they dropped....but honestly I wouldn't mind if apps truly did drastically fall for them. Just means it'll be easier for us.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2016, 09:59
columbiahopeful wrote:
makeitlarge wrote:
techfreak wrote:

I'm surprised a one year drop would affect it so much. It's not like job outcomes drastically changed. Do people really care about yearly rankings that much especially when most people should know why they dropped....but honestly I wouldn't mind if apps truly did drastically fall for them. Just means it'll be easier for us.

The fact that Stern is now ranked 20th in US news is one factor. Combine that with it being the most expensive MBA program out there might make people consider not applying to Stern.

Re: Calling all NYU Stern Applicants (2017 Intake) Class of 2019   [#permalink] 15 Oct 2016, 09:59

Go to page    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11    Next  [ 218 posts ]