It is currently 18 Jan 2018, 03:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all NYU Stern Applicants (2017 Intake) Class of 2019

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
WE: General Management (Consumer Products)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all NYU Stern Applicants (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2016, 20:19
Miralicious wrote:
Finally got an interview invite yesterday night.

I've always known that the interview had to be done on-campus, but when you have to face the reality of what it means - for me, more than 25 hours of flight for one way, over 1200 USD to pay + crazy accommodation prices - you realize that this particular MBA targets either people in the US, or very rich international people - who have flexible work that enable them to travel.

Does anyone know (approximately) the chances you have to be admitted once you're interviewed?

Besides, I noticed in the statistics of the first page that there are two people who were already admitted. Does Stern release itsfinal admissions decisions on a rolling basis?

Good luck to you all - especially to those of you who have to plan a tiring and costly trip to NYC :-D

Congrats buddy! Did you apply in R1 or 2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Reviews Badge
Calling all NYU Stern Applicants (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2016, 20:23
bitspankaj wrote:
Miralicious wrote:

I've always known that the interview had to be done on-campus, but when you have to face the reality of what it means - for me, more than 25 hours of flight for one way, over 1200 USD to pay + crazy accommodation prices - you realize that this particular MBA targets either people in the US, or very rich international people - who have flexible work that enable them to travel.

Does anyone know (approximately) the chances you have to be admitted once you're interviewed?

Besides, I noticed in the statistics of the first page that there are two people who were already admitted. Does Stern release itsfinal admissions decisions on a rolling basis?

Good luck to you all - especially to those of you who have to plan a tiring and costly trip to NYC :-D

Congrats buddy! Did you apply in R1 or 2?

Thank you! I applied in R1!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2016, 23:39
Miralicious wrote:

Per a P&Q article from last year, approx. 75% of NYU interviewees get accepted.

http://poetsandquants.com/2015/10/24/mb ... nce-rates/

I'm assuming since NYU requires the majority of interviewees to go to NYC to interview, they're pretty serious about you once you're invited.

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Reviews Badge
Calling all NYU Stern Applicants (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2016, 00:03
Thanks for sharing this info. Actually, I had read this article from P&Q too, but noticed that the end of the text mentioned that the percentages mentioned were probably incorrect - they cast doubts on the accuracy of his statistics.

Anyway, I assume the same thing as you - it would make sense that they only invite to interview candidates they are seriously interested in; however, I find this process quite discriminating for international applicants - particularly those from poor countries.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 20

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2016, 01:57
Miralicious wrote:

Congratulations on the interview invite. I believe the probability of getting an admit post the interview stage at Stern should be in the 65-70% range. I honestly can't remember where I heard or read that but I'm fairly certain that I'm not too far off!

Posted from my mobile device

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 20

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 4

Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2016, 03:20
Miralicious wrote:
Thanks for sharing this info. Actually, I had read this article from P&Q too, but noticed that the end of the text mentioned that the percentages mentioned were probably incorrect - they cast doubts on the accuracy of his statistics.

Anyway, I assume the same thing as you - it would make sense that they only invite to interview candidates they are seriously interested in; however, I find this process quite discriminating for international applicants - particularly those from poor countries.

I hope you realize that an MBA is an expensive degree. If you do not get a scholarship your COA for 2 years will be well around USD 200000. Spending a few thousand dollars extra to visit the school where you will be spending 200K and the next 2 years of your life is not too much.

Just my 2 rupees.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 4

Intern
Intern

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2016, 03:23
techfreak wrote:
Miralicious wrote:

I hope you realize that an MBA is an expensive degree. If you do not get a scholarship your COA for 2 years will be well around USD 200000. Spending a few thousand dollars extra to visit the school where you will be spending 200K and the next 2 years of your life is not too much.

Just my 2 rupees.

:-D You're right. Actually, I was not talking about my personal case as I already scheduled my flight to go there. I was just thinking about talented applicants from disadvantaged countries who could not afford to give it a shot so easily.

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

Concentration: Operations, Strategy
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2016, 05:06
Miralicious wrote:
techfreak wrote:
Miralicious wrote:

Just my 2 rupees.

:-D You're right. Actually, I was not talking about my personal case as I already scheduled my flight to go there. I was just thinking about talented applicants from disadvantaged countries who could not afford to give it a shot so easily.

Ya. I interviewed on campus for 4 of 5 schools and spent quite a bit of money traveling and lodging. I put it under the cost of doing business...schools haha. I wish you the best of luck. At the least, you will be spending your time in NY, which is awesome.

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2016, 13:38
ED Columbia!

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2016, 19:23
My App Tracker updates are categorized under The Consortium so I thought I'd share here.

I applied R1 via The Consortium and received an interview invite for Stern on 11/16. I ended up scheduling my interview for Feb so I can also attend certain admissions events.

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V36
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2016, 04:50
I received an invite on the 6th. Army Infantry Officer with over 5 years of experience. Can anyone share their interview experience? Thanks in advance

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2016, 05:03
How long does it usually take for an interview invite? My app just went under review.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.86
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2016, 12:36
alphabeta4 wrote:
How long does it usually take for an interview invite? My app just went under review.

I applied right at the Round 2 deadline on November 15th and I got an invite December 6th.

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2016, 12:47
Thanks. I applied R3 but I'm already under review. Looks like they are working on a rolling basis.

Intern
Intern

Schools: Darden '19 (A)

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2016, 15:22
I received a call today saying I was accepted for R1. Interviewed 11/22 - 3.6 GPA/730 GMAT.

Intern
Intern

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2016, 15:44
fizmix wrote:
I received a call today saying I was accepted for R1. Interviewed 11/22 - 3.6 GPA/730 GMAT.

Congrats! That's a great achievement.
Care to share your interview experience? :)

Intern
Intern

Schools: Darden '19 (A)

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2016, 17:13
Miralicious wrote:
fizmix wrote:

Congrats! That's a great achievement.
Care to share your interview experience? :)

Pretty standard 30 minute interview - questions about why Stern, why MBA, what do you want to do next. It was right before Thanksgiving so I don't know how normal my experience was compared to others.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2016, 20:35
Anyone applied in R1 hasnt heard back from Stern?

Intern
Intern

GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V36
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2016, 00:14
I applied in R1 on 10/13. But my gmat score could have reached them late as I took it on 10/7. I received the invite on December 6. They send invites out until the notifications deadline. I think you will be fine.

Intern
Intern

GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.1

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2016, 05:45
BrandonR wrote:
alphabeta4 wrote:

I applied right at the Round 2 deadline on November 15th and I got an invite December 6th.

That's great! Congratulations.... Even my application is under review, although I'm not sure when that happened. Any idea as to when I might hear back? Also, is it possible that they keep a not so awesome application aside so they could go through other applications and review it later? To be precise, is it possible that they reviewed my application but will release a decision later?

Re: Calling all NYU Stern Applicants (2017 Intake) Class of 2019   [#permalink] 14 Dec 2016, 05:45

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11    Next  [ 220 posts ] 

Calling all NYU Stern Applicants (2017 Intake) Class of 2019

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap