Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 16:42 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 16:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1832 [5]
Given Kudos: 370
GPA: 3.5
WE:Business Development (Health Care)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1832 [0]
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10010 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Re: Calling all Stanford MSx (Sloan Fellows) Applicants: 2017 Intake!! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
We request all applicants to add Stanford MSx program to your MBA timeline so that the applicant stats displayed in the first post reflect true picture of admissions. While adding the program, MAKE SURE you are setting it for graduation year i.e. 'Class of 2018'.

Attachment:
Stanford_MSx.png
Stanford_MSx.png [ 151.5 KiB | Viewed 11644 times ]
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Re: Calling all Stanford MSx (Sloan Fellows) Applicants: 2017 Intake!! [#permalink]
Top Contributor

Essays

Essays help us get to know you as a person and learn what motivates you.

Questions to Answer
Essay 1
What matters most to you, and why?

Essay 2
Why this program now? What are your personal and professional objectives, and how will the Stanford MSx Program help you achieve them?

Important Points to Note:
  • Our two essay questions are meant to be straightforward, not trick questions.
  • We hope that thinking about and writing your essays will prompt self-reflection and that your essays will go beyond relating the “what” of your experiences, to the “so what” and the “why.”
  • Other parts of the application give insight into your academic and professional accomplishments; the essays reveal the character behind those achievements.
  • When writing your essays, resist the urge to position yourself as what you think Stanford wants you to be; it will only prevent us from understanding who you really are and what you can accomplish. The most impressive essays are the most authentic.

Length/Word Limit
We do not limit the length of your essays in the Stanford MSx Program application, as we want you to use as many words as you feel necessary to convey your message.

Having said that, these are business school essays, and good business writing is succinct and to the point. If you are using the combined Stanford MSx and MBA programs application, your responses to the essays are limited to a total of 1,200 words.

Formatting
  • 12-pt. font size
  • Double-spaced
  • Arial, Courier, or Times New Roman font (recommended)
  • Indicate the question you are answering at the beginning of each essay
  • Number all pages
  • Be sure to save a copy of your essays and preview the uploaded document to ensure that the formatting is preserved.

Optional Essay
Additional Information
If there is any information that is critical for us to know and is not captured elsewhere, include it in the “Additional Information” section of the application. Pertinent examples include:

• Extenuating circumstances affecting academic or work performance
  • An explanation of why you do not have a letter of reference from your current direct supervisor
  • An explanation of any academic suspension or expulsion
  • Work experience that did not fit into the space provided
  • Academic experience (e.g., independent research) not noted elsewhere

Editing Your Essays
*Begin work on the essays early to give yourself time to reflect, write, and edit.
*It is improper and violations of the terms of this application process to have someone else write or translate your essays. Such behaviour will result in denial of your application or withdrawal of your offer of admission.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Top Contributor
Hello, really quiet in here. Just 17 days left for the September 21st deadline. Who all are applying in Round 1?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
I'm applying R2. I'm going through GMAT prep with Veritas and wanted to focus on getting a good score first since my undergrad GPA was below 3.0. Already started the MSx app. I'll be transitioning out of the US Navy as a Naval Flight Officer with just over 11 years WE and 5 combat deployments.

Has anyone attended an Informational Session? Beneficial or regurgitating of the website?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
applied for R1. submitted a couple of days ago!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.64
WE:Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Sent the package a while back. Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
fezzcb wrote:

Has anyone attended an Informational Session? Beneficial or regurgitating of the website?

I attend their online session (both the MBA and MSx). Lots of information that isn't available on the website. For example, there's one session with current students where they talk about which nursery school to enroll your kids to, or where the current students with family clustered.

It's mostly "soft" data but great to give nuance to your application package

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Sorry, as it might be obvious to most of you, but does anyone know who conducts the interview (AdCom or Alumni like for the MBA) ? Thanks a lot!

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
I think for Stanford, it's mostly alumni if you can't get an on-campus interview

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks

Retired Moderator
Send PM
Top Contributor
fezzcb wrote:
I'm applying R2. I'm going through GMAT prep with Veritas and wanted to focus on getting a good score first since my undergrad GPA was below 3.0. Already started the MSx app. I'll be transitioning out of the US Navy as a Naval Flight Officer with just over 11 years WE and 5 combat deployments.

MSx Online information session happening today: webinar will be held on Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 12:00 PM Pacific Time

To register https://www.gsb.stanford.edu/programs/msx/admission/events
Intern
Intern
Send PM
dentobizz wrote:
fezzcb wrote:

MSx Online information session happening today: webinar will be held on Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 12:00 PM Pacific Time

Unfortunately, could not attend. Does anyone know whether there is any stats or info out there regarding debt amout/breakdown and fellowships for self-funded candidates ? Thanks a lot
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V37
GPA: 3.56
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Thot wrote:
Sorry, as it might be obvious to most of you, but does anyone know who conducts the interview (AdCom or Alumni like for the MBA) ? Thanks a lot!

I got an interview call and it is with the Adcom Associate Director
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 2.8
WE:Corporate Finance (Computer Software)
Send PM
Got an interview call yesterday! 18 yrs WE; GMAT 720; Located in the Bay Area.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
WE:General Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
I'm brand new to this site, but I just completed my interview for the 2017 intake MSx! 9 yrs WE; GMAT 740; Located in Alabama.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V37
GPA: 3.56
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Dodgethis190 wrote:
I'm brand new to this site, but I just completed my interview for the 2017 intake MSx! 9 yrs WE; GMAT 740; Located in Alabama.

Can you help share what kind of questions were asked in the interview. I have mine next Friday. Thanks a lot in advance
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Waiting for interview call. India , female , 12 years work ex..any idea on how many invites issued so far?

Sent from my SM-N900 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts