It is currently 11 Dec 2017, 02:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
3 KUDOS received
Current Student
User avatar
S
Joined: 28 Nov 2014
Posts: 919

Kudos [?]: 217 [3], given: 79

Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Fisher '19 (M)
GPA: 3.71
Reviews Badge
Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jun 2016, 10:41
3
This post received
KUDOS
4
This post was
BOOKMARKED

Kudos [?]: 217 [3], given: 79

Current Student
User avatar
S
Joined: 28 Nov 2014
Posts: 919

Kudos [?]: 217 [0], given: 79

Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Fisher '19 (M)
GPA: 3.71
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jun 2016, 10:46
Welcome to all Duke full time MBA applicants! Use this platform to know each-other, build network, exchange ideas/information, discuss application strategies, share interview /school visit experiences, and boost one-another's morale to face the tough admission process.

Good luck to all!

Kudos [?]: 217 [0], given: 79

Current Student
User avatar
S
Joined: 28 Nov 2014
Posts: 919

Kudos [?]: 217 [0], given: 79

Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Fisher '19 (M)
GPA: 3.71
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jun 2016, 10:46
Reserved Post.

Kudos [?]: 217 [0], given: 79

Current Student
User avatar
S
Joined: 28 Nov 2014
Posts: 919

Kudos [?]: 217 [0], given: 79

Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Fisher '19 (M)
GPA: 3.71
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jun 2016, 10:47
Reserved Post.

Kudos [?]: 217 [0], given: 79

2 KUDOS received
Current Student
User avatar
B
Joined: 12 Jun 2014
Posts: 289

Kudos [?]: 108 [2], given: 79

Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Schools: Duke '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jun 2016, 11:30
2
This post received
KUDOS
1
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hey everyone!

Welcome to the Fuqua forum! I am an incoming student, starting in July, and I had a ton of help from this forum when I was applying last year. I will be happy to help if you guys have any early questions on the application. Drop your questions here or send a PM. I won't guarantee prompt replies, with an impending move to another country, but I will try my best.

Happy applying!

Kudos [?]: 108 [2], given: 79

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Jan 2015
Posts: 37

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 2

Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jun 2016, 11:43
anupamgupta2112 wrote:
Hey everyone!

Welcome to the Fuqua forum! I am an incoming student, starting in July, and I had a ton of help from this forum when I was applying last year. I will be happy to help if you guys have any early questions on the application. Drop your questions here or send a PM. I won't guarantee prompt replies, with an impending move to another country, but I will try my best.

Happy applying!


Hi Anupam,
Thanks for your message. Please share your journey to Duke - which schools you were considering and why you chose Duke.
_________________

Somnath Mukherjee

The Review Column

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 2

Current Student
User avatar
S
Joined: 28 Nov 2014
Posts: 919

Kudos [?]: 217 [0], given: 79

Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Fisher '19 (M)
GPA: 3.71
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jun 2016, 12:41
Narenn: The deadlines seem to be incorrect. I think , by mistake, the years marked are '2012' and '2013'

Kudos [?]: 217 [0], given: 79

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
User avatar
P
Status: Back to work...
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 4818

Kudos [?]: 3840 [0], given: 2461

Location: India
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jun 2016, 13:46
Keats wrote:
Narenn: The deadlines seem to be incorrect. I think , by mistake, the years marked are '2012' and '2013'


Thank you! I have removed the deadlines of 2012 intake which appeared by mistake. I think deadlines for 2017 intake are not yet available, right?
_________________

100+ Interview Debriefs from GMAT Club members

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Kudos [?]: 3840 [0], given: 2461

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
User avatar
P
Status: Back to work...
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 4818

Kudos [?]: 3840 [0], given: 2461

Location: India
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jun 2016, 08:50
Expert's post
1
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hi Guys - Please join me in welcoming Keats as a Thread Master for Fuqua MBA Thread. We are thrilled to have him on the site and joining the Thread Master ranks. He joined GMAT Club community in November 2014 and has since then demonstrated leadership and helpfulness in forum discussions. He is applying to Fuqua and few other schools this year.

If anyone has any questions about Fuqua's school forum, deadlines, school stats, feel free to PM him. For now, welcome him and wish him best of luck as the ThreadMaster.

Best Regards,
Narenn
_________________

100+ Interview Debriefs from GMAT Club members

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Kudos [?]: 3840 [0], given: 2461

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
User avatar
S
Joined: 28 Nov 2014
Posts: 919

Kudos [?]: 217 [1], given: 79

Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Fisher '19 (M)
GPA: 3.71
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jun 2016, 09:13
1
This post received
KUDOS
Narenn wrote:
Hi Guys - Please join me in welcoming Keats as a Thread Master for Fuqua MBA Thread. We are thrilled to have him on the site and joining the Thread Master ranks. He joined GMAT Club community in November 2014 and has since then demonstrated leadership and helpfulness in forum discussions. He is applying to Fuqua and few other schools this year.

If anyone has any questions about Fuqua's school forum, deadlines, school stats, feel free to PM him. For now, welcome him and wish him best of luck as the ThreadMaster.

Best Regards,
Narenn


Thanks Narenn for those heartfelt words. I hope that I keep up with everyone's expectations and we make it a great place to discuss almost anything about Fuqua :)

Kudos [?]: 217 [1], given: 79

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Apr 2012
Posts: 46

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 13

Concentration: Finance
Schools: Goizueta '19 (I)
WE: Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jun 2016, 09:43
Keats wrote:
Narenn wrote:
Hi Guys - Please join me in welcoming Keats as a Thread Master for Fuqua MBA Thread. We are thrilled to have him on the site and joining the Thread Master ranks. He joined GMAT Club community in November 2014 and has since then demonstrated leadership and helpfulness in forum discussions. He is applying to Fuqua and few other schools this year.

If anyone has any questions about Fuqua's school forum, deadlines, school stats, feel free to PM him. For now, welcome him and wish him best of luck as the ThreadMaster.

Best Regards,
Narenn


Thanks Narenn for those heartfelt words. I hope that I keep up with everyone's expectations and we make it a great place to discuss almost anything about Fuqua :)


Welcome Keats. We hope to learn more about the school and hope to get in this year too. We guarantee you our support as thread master and hope to know more about Fuqua throughout your tenure. Best of luck and stay blessed.

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 13

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 28 Feb 2015
Posts: 60

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Location: India
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 2.98
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jun 2016, 00:24
Hi All
I am a reapplicant!
Any kind of advice is welcome.
Shall I consider applying to Duke?

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Current Student
User avatar
S
Joined: 28 Nov 2014
Posts: 919

Kudos [?]: 217 [0], given: 79

Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Fisher '19 (M)
GPA: 3.71
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jun 2016, 00:37
kushagra10 wrote:
Hi All
I am a reapplicant!
Any kind of advice is welcome.
Shall I consider applying to Duke?


Great to learn that kushagra10 Why won't you apply? As long as you can tell the school that how can you be a pertinent candidate to the Fuqua community, you are good to rock and roll! Please make sure that you apply in EA and take the chance to interview in person at the campus. This isn't mandatory but putting in your application early tells the admission committee that you are serious about the school especially when you are a 're applicant'. Also, make sure you tell them what difference have you created in last 6-9 months and how it has improved your candidature. This is really very important.

Let others key in their viewpoint as well.

Kudos [?]: 217 [0], given: 79

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 28 Feb 2015
Posts: 60

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Location: India
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 2.98
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jun 2016, 01:31
I was told that american b schools need something substantial if you are reapplying. If they have rejected you once, thry need a strong reason to take u in!

Sent from my irisX8 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Current Student
User avatar
S
Joined: 28 Nov 2014
Posts: 919

Kudos [?]: 217 [0], given: 79

Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Fisher '19 (M)
GPA: 3.71
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jun 2016, 01:42
kushagra10 wrote:
I was told that american b schools need something substantial if you are reapplying. If they have rejected you once, thry need a strong reason to take u in!

Sent from my irisX8 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


That is why I specifically wrote-" Make sure you tell them what difference have you created in last 6-9 months and how it has improved your candidature. This is really very important."

Also, do you have any reason to believe something was lacking specifically in your application?

Kudos [?]: 217 [0], given: 79

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 28 Feb 2015
Posts: 60

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Location: India
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 2.98
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jun 2016, 01:55
I put up the strongest application possible! 720 gmat, national level muay thai. Currently into corporate soccer management and i pitched myself to have a future in the sporting industry like other fuqua alums!

Sent from my irisX8 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 28 Feb 2015
Posts: 60

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Location: India
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 2.98
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jun 2016, 01:55
I dont knw why i was rejected. They dnt give feeebacks either!

Sent from my irisX8 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Current Student
User avatar
S
Joined: 28 Nov 2014
Posts: 919

Kudos [?]: 217 [0], given: 79

Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Fisher '19 (M)
GPA: 3.71
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jun 2016, 04:39
kushagra10 wrote:
I put up the strongest application possible! 720 gmat, national level muay thai. Currently into corporate soccer management and i pitched myself to have a future in the sporting industry like other fuqua alums!

Sent from my irisX8 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


I understand what you are trying to convey here. But, just know that admission process is totally subjective. The application is checked in entirety and there are multiple reasons that are looked into. So, it'd be pretty difficult to comment unless we know more about your profile. I think anupamgupta2112 can shed some light here!

Kudos [?]: 217 [0], given: 79

Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 18 Jul 2015
Posts: 43

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 33

Location: Brazil
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q39 V38
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V38
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jun 2016, 14:41
In for round 1!

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 33

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Feb 2014
Posts: 13

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Location: United States (TX)
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.5
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jun 2016, 06:27
In for round 1 on page 1

8-)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!   [#permalink] 28 Jun 2016, 06:27

Go to page    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  29    Next  [ 566 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.