Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:22 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [2]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.8
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Re: Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi Guys - Please join me in welcoming akshay4110 as a Thread Master for Fisher MBA Thread. We are thrilled to have him on the site and joining the Thread Master ranks. He joined GMAT Club community in 2013 and has since then demonstrated leadership and helpfulness in forum discussions. He got admitted to Fisher in R1 last year and will be attending its full time program in this fall.

If anyone has any questions about Fisher's school forum, deadlines, school stats, feel free to PM him. For now, welcome him and wish him best of luck as the ThreadMaster.

Best Regards,
Narenn
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi Narenn,

Thank you so much for your kind words and your wishes. I am so glad to represent Fisher College of Business here. GMATClub has been a great source that has helped me take informed decisions throughout my MBA admissions journey and it's always a true honor to contribute to this amazing platform in any way possible.

I wish luck to all the applicants for Fall 2017 admissions and , as Narenn as already mentioned, please free to connect with me anytime through this forum. I will try my best to solve all your queries related to the admissions process and from time to time will keep on posting stuff that would help you all to get a feel of the awesome MBA experience that Fisher offers.

Go Bucks!

Akshay Mathur
MBA Candidate 2018 - The Ohio State University Fisher College of Business
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hi akshay4110,

I am reapplying to Fisher this year. Could you please let me know whether the process is different for a reapplicant?
Also, I wish to know how generous is Fisher with scholarships? Especially with Indian candidates and female candidates.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hey ss20tali,

Thanks for posting your query on the thread. I believe that there is now change in the application process from the last year. You will have to submit all the essays along with the reapplicant essay. I will be meeting the admissions office tomorrow and will confirm this understanding of mine.

As far as the scholarships are concerned, Fisher gives a lot of focus on your complete profile. Focus on all values you bring to the fisher community and how can you contribute in classes and as a member of various student organizations. Fisher is generally generous with people who are able to show their right fit to the community here.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to PM me if you have any further queries regarding admissions or want to learn anything about the college and the MBA program.

Best Regards
Akshay Mathur
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.16
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Is anyone here attending the Fall Preview Day on October 28th?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 234 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Submitted my app now. God Bless!!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FightToSurvive wrote:
Submitted my app now. God Bless!!!

Same here. Keep us updated on your interview invite status. I'm attending the Fall Preview day and taking advantage of the expedited decision notification so I'll know hopefully the first week of November.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
All the best FightToSurvive and Ramrod2615 !! What about other applicants? How many have applied in R1?
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Those who have submitted applications, please do not forget to change your Fisher profile status to 'Application Submitted' on your MBA timeline. It will give some stats and insights for others to look into. Thank you!

Attachment:
Fisher.png
Fisher.png [ 26.92 KiB | Viewed 8733 times ]
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Has anyone interviewed yet that can share some insight on some of the questions, atmosphere of the overall experience?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Did anyone from India receive any invite?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Leadership, Finance
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi akshay4110 How does Make your own major work? Can I select any course that suits my needs or is it restrictive in some sense?
I am very much interested in 'Consulting in FInancial Services' and would want to know more about this major. Can you please shed some light?
TIA.
Regards.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
Interviewed this past Friday with Fisher as part of their Fall Preview Day event. In lieu of posting an in-depth after action review, I will just say that the interview covered all of the basic questions we all expect ADCOMs to ask us for in an MBA interview. The tone was very conversational and the personnel conducting the interviews were extremely professional, easy going and genuinely pleasant. Following the admissions interview, we interviewed with a member of the career services in order to dive a little deeper into our career aspirations. Again, very conversational and it allowed me to lay out all of my goals, plans, backup plans and any doubts I have going forward. This interview honestly felt more like a counseling where it was a two-way conversation and not a grilling that sought to shoot down my hopes and dreams.

Overall, if I was going to offer any type of advice (haven't gotten a decision yet so take it with a grain of salt), I'd say be yourself. Legitimately be yourself. Everyone I interacted with at Fisher, from the administrative assistant to the first and second year students and the interviewer were humble and down to Earth. To me, that kinda leads me to believe that Fisher does want this interview to accurately portray who you are as a person and who you will be as an MBA candidate, not just trying to see if you memorized some vanilla interview questions with a canned speech.

Will have my decision tomorrow so I will update then. If anyone has any questions please do not hesitate to ask. I'd love to share my experience and answer any questions from my relatively brief exposure to Fisher thus far.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Got the nod from Fisher today. Have to wait a few more weeks to hear if they're gonna offer any type of financial assistance but off to a good start so far. Hope everyone else is moving along in the application process!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1263 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
Ramrod2615 wrote:
Got the nod from Fisher today. Have to wait a few more weeks to hear if they're gonna offer any type of financial assistance but off to a good start so far. Hope everyone else is moving along in the application process!

Congratulations Ramrod2615 ! A good start, indeed. Hope you get some $ too. Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Any news for invites?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
3 weeks have passed since i submitted my application. No interview invite yet !!
Has any international Student received interview invite..
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts