Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 02:56 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 02:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Reserved Post.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
Re: Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Narenn wrote:

Essay Questions

ESSAY QUESTION #1: At W. P. Carey we believe business is personal and every student impacts the community in a unique way. Tell us more about why you decided to apply to the W. P. Carey School of Business for your MBA and how you plan to contribute to our community. (250 words or less)

ESSAY QUESTION #2: When building professional networks and interpersonal relationships, what does your network typically call upon you for and how do you believe you are perceived by others? (250 words or less)

ESSAY QUESTION #3: Describe what and/or who has influenced your career path until now. How will these experiences shape your future career plans and aspirations? Please include information about your future functional and industry goals.(250 words or less)

ESSAY QUESTION #4: If you had the opportunity to relive five memorable moments in your life, what would those five moments be and why? (250 words or less)

ESSAY QUESTION #5 (OPTIONAL): Please provide any additional information you would like to bring to the attention of the Admissions Committee. (Optional question; 250words or less)

Arent these essay prompts for the last year ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
GMAT 1: 650 Q45 V34
GMAT 2: 660 Q43 V37
GPA: 2.9
Send PM
Yeah I'm pretty sure these questions are from last year.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Is the "early decision" round binding?
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10014 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
CanadianNic wrote:
Yeah I'm pretty sure these questions are from last year.

Thank you for pointing out. Yes they are from last year. It seems ASU has released deadlines but no essay topics. I have removed the old essay topics and will update the post when topics are available. Meanwhile, if anyone is interested in becoming ASU threadmaster, please let me know. I don't think I will be very active in this forum, so it'd be better if any current applicant manage this discussion. Good luck to everyone!
School Moderator - Stanford MSx
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 91
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GPA: 3.77
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
So what about the free MBA thing?
2017 intake is gonna be the 1st batch for free MBA at ASU right?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
Nighat Bano wrote:
So what about the free MBA thing?
2017 intake is gonna be the 1st batch for free MBA at ASU right?

I'm pretty sure the 2016 intake is going to be the 1st batch of students with the free MBA.

Regarding the essay questions, I was told by the woman doing the admission process that they would be up on September 1st.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Questions for 2017 are up for download on their website ( https://wpcarey.asu.edu/mba-programs/fu ... -materials ) :

ESSAY QUESTION #1
Each generation has had a profound impact on the business environment in a unique way. Help us understand the influence that you wish to have on the world of work and how your experience of an MBA will complement or challenge the vision of your generation. (250 words or less)

ESSAY QUESTION #2
Think about the industry that you would like to pursue post MBA: what knowledge and skills do you wish to gain, and what type of change do you hope to facilitate within that functional area? (250 words or less)

ESSAY QUESTION #3
If your life was a music video, what song would we hear and what images would we see? Please provide a brief overview of the importance that these images play in your life. (250 words or less)

ESSAY QUESTION #4 (OPTIONAL)
Please provide any additional information you would like to bring to the attention of the admissions committee. (250 words or less)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
These are tricky to say the least.
Guys any help on Essay prompt No. 1?

Now where does the prompts mention Why ASU? Do we have to slip response to it somehow? or is it safe to answer prompts without mentioning ASU at all?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
All the best to all the applicants for Class of 2019 :) :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3
Send PM
Does any body know that is it a mandatory requirement to provide official hard copy undergrad transcript?

I have email them my official soft copy transcript, but AO replied that they need hard copy. It is really tough for me to get an official hard copy since I am not in my undergrad country. Why the school do not accept an official soft copy as most MBA school do?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
beckseven7 wrote:
Does any body know that is it a mandatory requirement to provide official hard copy undergrad transcript?

I have email them my official soft copy transcript, but AO replied that they need hard copy. It is really tough for me to get an official hard copy since I am not in my undergrad country. Why the school do not accept an official soft copy as most MBA school do?

From what I understand, it has to be hard copy (in a sealed envelope with signature of registrar across the seal).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GPA: 3.38
Send PM
beckseven7 wrote:

Having just submitted during the R1 deadline I can assure you that official transcripts must be sent directly to them. Also in order for your application to be considered complete all pieces need to be in before the deadline. LOR's I think there is some wiggle room but it's better to just have everything in. Hope that helps.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 90 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
What's priority consideration? I notice no other schools have such deadline mentioned.
Is it Round 2 (with change in name :P) ?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Did anyone receive an interview invite yet?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GPA: 3.38
Send PM
gutkarsh wrote:

I'm not sure if they have a different time line for domestic and international applicants; but I can confirm that some invitations to interview have been sent out.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Tooswolle wrote:
gutkarsh wrote:

I'm not sure if they have a different time line for domestic and international applicants; but I can confirm that some invitations to interview have been sent out.

Thanks Tooswolle

I see that you have received an interview invite. When is it?
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  16   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts