Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 11:51 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 11:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 507 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
WE:Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1264 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Yes, I am also applying to Full Time MBA but which concentration of MBA have you chosen or spoken about in your goals?
Concentration like Supply Chain, Marketing,etc.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
Re: Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Kudos
Keats wrote:
If your life was a music video, what song would we hear and what images would we see? Please provide a brief overview of the importance that these images play in your life. (250 words or less)

Can anyone here help me with this question/ideas as to how this can be attempted. Since this is less than 250 words, I am not really sure as to how should I approach this question. Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

There is no right or wrong way to answer this. Just think of a song that you would like the adcom to show. Tell them briefly what the song is about and why you like it. Then draw an analogy of your personal experiences to that song. Need not always be a introspective/serious song. I know it's difficult to find just one song to reflect your whole life but try to find one that can match at least major part of life or a very important event in your life. Can also show your fun side, if you can find a match.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
sidceg wrote:
Keats wrote:
If your life was a music video, what song would we hear and what images would we see? Please provide a brief overview of the importance that these images play in your life. (250 words or less)

Can anyone here help me with this question/ideas as to how this can be attempted. Since this is less than 250 words, I am not really sure as to how should I approach this question. Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

There is no right or wrong way to answer this. Just think of a song that you would like the adcom to show. Tell them briefly what the song is about and why you like it. Then draw an analogy of your personal experiences to that song. Need not always be a introspective/serious song. I know it's difficult to find just one song to reflect your whole life but try to find one that can match at least major part of life or a very important event in your life. Can also show your fun side, if you can find a match.

It need not be just one song also. Try to be creative, but do make sure to bring out the personal aspects - this is a good opportunity to showcase a side of you that cannot be mentioned in resumes/other essays.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
vivek6199 wrote:
Yes, I am also applying to Full Time MBA but which concentration of MBA have you chosen or spoken about in your goals?

End goal is consulting - tied it up with the SCM concentration.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
vivek6199 wrote:

End goal is consulting - tied it up with the SCM concentration.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
In case you're merging two concentrations ( SCM and IM) , what are the types of roles companies offer to those students?
Will it be related to supply chain or consulting??
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1264 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Strategy
Send PM
Thanks nandy70772 and sidceg for sharing your viewpoint. It helps. Kudos rewarded.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V30
Send PM
did anyone receive an pre-recorded interview call from the adcom?? if anyone had, please share your experience.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Operations, Nonprofit
GPA: 2.8
WE:Consulting (Transportation)
Send PM
vivek6199 wrote:
In case you're merging two concentrations ( SCM and IM) , what are the types of roles companies offer to those students?
Will it be related to supply chain or consulting??
Rather than being offered, I guess you are the one who have to build up our own future. That is what career fairs are there for, as well as internships. You are the one who has to take the reins of your life and chase your objectives. That is why you study the MBA in the first place. Just a few days left... best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 50
Send PM
Hi All,

I am applying to MSIM course for Fall 2017. I have recently received an invitation for the recorded video interview through Kira Talent. If anyone has experienced this, request you to Kindly share you experience. I appreciate your help.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V30
Send PM
mrustagi wrote:
Hi All,

I am applying to MSIM course for Fall 2017. I have recently received an invitation for the recorded video interview through Kira Talent. If anyone has experienced this, request you to Kindly share you experience. I appreciate your help.

Yes I did got an invitation for the video interview. For me, deadline for the submission was 6th Feb. The two questions were pretty straightforward, behavioral event based interview styled and last question was a written one. Hope this helps.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Big day tomorrow for R2 applicants! How are you handling the nerves? Will the adcom call up admitted international applicants or will they email them?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
All the best to all the round 2 applicants !!!!!
The countdown begins.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 50
Send PM
Mp24 wrote:
mrustagi wrote:
Hi All,

Yes I did got an invitation for the video interview. For me, deadline for the submission was 6th Feb. The two questions were pretty straightforward, behavioral event based interview styled and last question was a written one. Hope this helps.

Thanks for replying back to me. May I please know the duration for each question and more details regarding each of the 3 questions, if you can share.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.28
WE:Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
I was waitlisted in Round 1. I hope I get through.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3
Send PM
nandy70772 wrote:
Big day tomorrow for R2 applicants! How are you handling the nerves? Will the adcom call up admitted international applicants or will they email them?

Hoping for the best and planning for the worst. Have a dinner reservation for tomorrow night (I'm in India so I should get a call at that time). If I get in I pay the bill if not, I hope to get free dinner at least :lol:

I could be wrong but, I think you get a call if you're admitted and then an email and eventually snail mail. If they aren't able to reach you by phone then you get just an email.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V36
GPA: 3.33
WE:General Management (Health Care)
Send PM
Hi all, I am among the R2 applicants and I was wondering about the time that the school may call the admitted ones at.
Any ideas? I live in Morocco and we have 7 hours time difference with Arizona State, so I wanted to know when to expect the phone call?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  16   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts