Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 11:27 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 11:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 710 Q36 V49
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10017 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GPA: 3.35
WE:Operations (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Re: Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Interviewed on 3rd Jan 2017 through Skype. The policy is not to disclose interview questions on any platform. Pls follow the school directions regarding interview question disclose policy.

Interviewed on: 2016/12/16
Heard back via: Phone
GMAT: 670, Q48, V34
GPA: 3
WE: 108 months
Industry: Pharmaceuticals and Biotech
Submited on: 2016/10/03
Interviewed on: 2016/12/16
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Operations, Nonprofit
GPA: 2.8
WE:Consulting (Transportation)
Send PM
Re: Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Nainani wrote:
Interviewed on 3rd Jan 2017 through Skype. The policy is not to disclose interview questions on any platform. Pls follow the school directions regarding interview question disclose policy.
Come on, they basically ask the same as in any other school, the only thing that is not the same is the applied case, which we didn´t disclose at all and for me was the most tricky part of the interview. You will get in if your personality matches the school style, and you won´t if it doesn´t. I don´t think knowing a bunch of questions you can find in every Business School questions list in the internet will make any difference, it may at most relax you a bit so you can fairly show yourself the way you are. I hope your interview today went well, let us know the outcome
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Your thoughts please: During my interview, I was not asked once about my work, either in the current role or the previous one. Nothing about work experience - nada. Unusual?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
nandy70772 wrote:
Your thoughts please: During my interview, I was not asked once about my work, either in the current role or the previous one. Nothing about work experience - nada. Unusual?

I wouldn´t get nervous about it. If they didn´t ask you about that, they just didn´t want to. Most likely it is all clear, consistent, and they preferred to focus on what is not in the CV. Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 4
GPA: 3.38
Send PM
For those on the waitlist there's hope I will most likely be withdrawing tomorrow.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Tooswolle wrote:
For those on the waitlist there's hope I will most likely be withdrawing tomorrow.

What's the reason - alternate admits? What is your GMAT?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
Send PM
Hi guys!! I have my interview in a couple of days from now and wanted to know if anyone had any recommendations on good resources to practice for the case study questions?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: General Management, Technology
WE:Science (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
When are the 2nd round decisions released?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
miguelmgaspar wrote:
When are the 2nd round decisions released?

My interviewer told me I'd hear by Feb 10th - that's the date mentioned on the website as well. This wait is so nerve wracking! Did you guys receive your calls on the date mentioned on the wensite for R1?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Yes, I received the call on 16th December, the date mentioned on the website for the decision.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 507 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
WE:Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Anybody here targeting the Information Management sector of the Full Time MBA? How good is this sector at WP Carey?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 507 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
WE:Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Guys, I have a GMAT score of 650 and a GRE score of 319. I don't think my scores are good enough. Also, WP Carey prefers GMAT to GRE. Should I retake GMAT and get a score of 670-700 and I can send my official scores after the deadline?
Is there anybody else in this thread who is applying via GRE?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 90 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
vivek6199 wrote:
Anybody here targeting the Information Management sector of the Full Time MBA? How good is this sector at WP Carey?

I am...I think its good
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
arunmechie wrote:
kshitij ghildiyal wrote:
Hey!
Is there any Indian applicant who applied at Carey who can tell me what he/ she did about the OFFICIAL HARD COPY TRANSCRIPTS... doesn't this mean I'l have to ask my university for a new copy of the transcripts to be sent to me?

Anyone from BITS Pilnai who handled this issue?

anyone in fact... how did you go about this process.. this also means am not in the PRIORITY round right? coz I sent only the soft copies till now..

If you have your transcripts in a sealed envelope with university's stamp, you can send it across or you will have to get a new one from your university.
My friend faced the same issue last year and W.P.Carey gave him around a week's extension for receiving hard-copies and recommendations. However, you should drop an email to the adcom regarding the issue and see what they say.

Whom to contact from the admissions team regarding this? I have a question whether the transcripts should be sent before the deadline or should be received by them by the deadline. Also, will the recommenders also have the same deadline or can they send their recommendations little later?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Schools: Broad '19 (A)
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V33
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V39
Send PM
sidceg wrote:
arunmechie wrote:
kshitij ghildiyal wrote:
Hey!
Is there any Indian applicant who applied at Carey who can tell me what he/ she did about the OFFICIAL HARD COPY TRANSCRIPTS... doesn't this mean I'l have to ask my university for a new copy of the transcripts to be sent to me?

Anyone from BITS Pilnai who handled this issue?

anyone in fact... how did you go about this process.. this also means am not in the PRIORITY round right? coz I sent only the soft copies till now..

If you have your transcripts in a sealed envelope with university's stamp, you can send it across or you will have to get a new one from your university.
My friend faced the same issue last year and W.P.Carey gave him around a week's extension for receiving hard-copies and recommendations. However, you should drop an email to the adcom regarding the issue and see what they say.

Whom to contact from the admissions team regarding this? I have a question whether the transcripts should be sent before the deadline or should be received by them by the deadline. Also, will the recommenders also have the same deadline or can they send their recommendations little later?

I had the same doubt. But I am going ahead with the unofficial copies for now. The admissions office is also not very prompt in their reply.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Guys admitted in R1 - With your interaction with fellow admits, do we now know how many admit decisions were rolled out in R1 and how many of those admits converted to enrollment?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  16   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts