Last visit was: 14 Jul 2024, 21:59 It is currently 14 Jul 2024, 21:59
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
 1   2   3  ...  18   
MBA Section Director
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Posts: 8761
Own Kudos [?]: 10189 [5]
Given Kudos: 4553
Test: Test
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Posts: 8761
Own Kudos [?]: 10189 [0]
Given Kudos: 4553
Test: Test
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Joined: 29 Apr 2017
Posts: 4
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Location: India
GMAT 1: 670 Q50 V29
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Joined: 19 Sep 2016
Posts: 5
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V41
GPA: 2.65
Send PM
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Thanks Naren

I was searching a useful thread related to the NUS 2018 application, and found this.
Will share any relevant info I find, related to the application.

Good luck, all!
MBA Section Director
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Posts: 8761
Own Kudos [?]: 10189 [0]
Given Kudos: 4553
Test: Test
Send PM
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Ketan92 wrote:
Hi. I have a GMAT score of 670, 3 years work experience in my family real estate business and an engineering degree with a 6.67 CGPA. Based on this information what are my chances of getting into NUS? Should I consider applying?


Hi Ketan, Welcome on GMATClub!

NUS is one of the leading asian business schools and is extremely competitive. Based on you GMAT score your chances of acceptances are very low (see this acceptance analysis of previous NUS applicants); however, MBA application process isn't about only numbers. GMAT is just one component of your application and other factors such as your story, essays, work experience, etc. are equally important. You may want to go through our MBA application guide to understand MBA application process in detail and learn how to create a compelling story for your BSchool application. https://gmatclub.com/forum/new-gmat-clu ... 23494.html
MBA Section Director
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Posts: 8761
Own Kudos [?]: 10189 [0]
Given Kudos: 4553
Test: Test
Send PM
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Jasminesngh wrote:
Thanks Naren

I was searching a useful thread related to the NUS 2018 application, and found this.
Will share any relevant info I find, related to the application.

Good luck, all!


Welcome to the 2018 MBA discussion. Feel free to share your application updates with us. Hope other prospective applicants will also join the party soon.
MBA Section Director
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Posts: 8761
Own Kudos [?]: 10189 [0]
Given Kudos: 4553
Test: Test
Send PM
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi Guys,

Just saw deadlines for 2018 application on NUS website. Application window will be open from October 1st.

FULL-TIME:
Round I: 01 October 2017 – 31 January 2018 (Scholarship Qualifying Period)
Round II: 01 February 2018 – 31 March 2018

PART-TIME: The application window is from 01 October 2017 – 15 May 2018.
Intern
Intern
Joined: 19 Sep 2016
Posts: 5
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V41
GPA: 2.65
Send PM
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Hi Narenn

Is this for the 2018 intake?

I can still see application deadlines for last year's class (2017-18) on the NUS website.


Narenn wrote:
Hi Guys,

Just saw deadlines for 2018 application on NUS website. Application window will be open from October 1st.

FULL-TIME:
Round I: 01 October 2017 – 31 January 2018 (Scholarship Qualifying Period)
Round II: 01 February 2018 – 31 March 2018

PART-TIME: The application window is from 01 October 2017 – 15 May 2018.
Intern
Intern
Joined: 27 Apr 2015
Posts: 31
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Location: India
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
WE:Operations (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Are the essay topics out???
Intern
Intern
Joined: 09 Sep 2016
Posts: 3
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Location: Oman
Schools: ISB '19 (S)
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V35
GPA: 3.24
Send PM
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

!
Post Removed. Profile evaluation requests should be posted in this thread.. https://gmatclub.com/forum/what-are-my- ... 94466.html

Originally posted by racmaha on 22 Sep 2017, 05:37.
Last edited by Narenn on 04 Oct 2017, 03:14, edited 1 time in total.
Mod Warning
Intern
Intern
Joined: 03 Jul 2016
Posts: 20
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.77
WE:Engineering (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Jasminesngh wrote:
Hi Narenn

Is this for the 2018 intake?

I can still see application deadlines for last year's class (2017-18) on the NUS website.


Narenn wrote:
Hi Guys,

Just saw deadlines for 2018 application on NUS website. Application window will be open from October 1st.

FULL-TIME:
Round I: 01 October 2017 – 31 January 2018 (Scholarship Qualifying Period)
Round II: 01 February 2018 – 31 March 2018

PART-TIME: The application window is from 01 October 2017 – 15 May 2018.


I submitted my application on 20th Sept, and got a confirmation mail as well. I think the applications are very much open.
Manager
Manager
Joined: 05 Oct 2014
Posts: 56
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
ajchauhan7 : you have submitted application online or offline? As there is one pdf which is to be signed and need to be sent to NUS.
Intern
Intern
Joined: 03 Jul 2016
Posts: 20
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.77
WE:Engineering (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
chipsy wrote:
ajchauhan7 : you have submitted application online or offline? As there is one pdf which is to be signed and need to be sent to NUS.


What document are you referring here? I could not find any document which needs to be physically signed and sent to the adcom.
Manager
Manager
Joined: 05 Oct 2014
Posts: 56
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
ajchauhan7 wrote:
chipsy wrote:
ajchauhan7 : you have submitted application online or offline? As there is one pdf which is to be signed and need to be sent to NUS.


What document are you referring here? I could not find any document which needs to be physically signed and sent to the adcom.





ajchauhan7 : when we click on the application number in the first page while registering , one pdf is automatically downloaded in the system. I was referring to that pdf .
Intern
Intern
Joined: 22 Feb 2017
Posts: 3
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Send PM
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Guys, I can't find the "Introduce yourself to MBA classmates" question in the online application. Can you see it?
MBA Section Director
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Posts: 8761
Own Kudos [?]: 10189 [4]
Given Kudos: 4553
Test: Test
Send PM
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
1
Kudos
3
Bookmarks
Expert Reply

NUS Essay Analysis by Accepted.com



1. Please answer ONE of the following short essay prompts. (300 words)

a. I am passionate about…
b. My greatest challenge has been…
c. My biggest failure was ….

All three of these questions are opportunities to share an interesting experience from your life. Passion comes through with differentiating details (did you compete in 10Ks every weekend? Did you turn $500 in high school summer earnings into an investment portfolio worth thousands?). Challenges are overcome with drive, tenacity, and commitment. Failures are learning experiences and launch pads for subsequent successes. Share an example here that will help the admission committee see your individuality come alive.

2. Briefly describe your immediate post-MBA career goal including your industry, function and country of choice and how have your prior experiences motivated and prepared you to pursue these goals? (300 words)

All MBA programs want their students to be pleased with the employment they find and the career trajectory ahead of them after graduation. Applicants must demonstrate in this essay that they know what they can expect to achieve within five years of graduating so that the admissions office will believe you are realistically driven.

If you do not know any NUS MBAs personally, you may find LinkedIn searches for NUS alumni very useful to see what a wide range of MBA alumni have succeeded in doing within around five years of graduating. Go to NUS’s LinkedIn page and then use the Search Alumni button, then restrict your search to alumni who graduated around 2012 or 2013 to get a sense of their five-year progress. This isn’t foolproof: you must check that you are looking at MBA graduates (and not undergraduate degree holders or exchange students), but this will offer you wider insight than your own small circle of acquaintances. Go ahead and reach out to alumni through LinkedIn and through your personal network to discuss how they reached the advancement that they did to add depth to your own plans for this essay.


3. If there is anything else you would like to share with the Admissions Committee that was not covered in your application, please include here. (300 words)

The first two essays were short, so there is almost certainly more in your background: additional areas of leadership, influence, and impact, for example. While this optional space may certainly be used to explain a weakness or flaw in your background, I highly recommend shining the spotlight on an area of strength in the process: poor grades do not have to stand on their own when you can demonstrate that you spent your undergraduate education in significant extracurricular leadership roles, for example.

4. (Only applicable to re-applicants) Please provide an update on any new aspects of your professional, international, academic or personal profile that would not have been included in your previous application. Please also explain your motivation for re-applying to NUS. (Maximum: 300 words)

Reapplying demonstrates your sincere interest in this program, so don’t assume that the admissions committee is biased against you. Instead, use this space to show that you have used the time since you applied to take on new challenges, expand your leadership experience, and build insight in areas that will interest your NUS classmates and future recruiters. The final aspect of the essay prompt – about your motivation for re-applying to NUS – also offers you the opportunity to show that you’ve done your research about the NUS MBA: what students have you spoken to and what have you learned about how this program will help you on your path? What makes NUS special? Those details will further demonstrate your readiness for the program.

For details, visit https://gmatclub.com/blog/2017/10/nus-m ... adlines-2/
Intern
Intern
Joined: 24 Sep 2015
Posts: 14
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.54
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Hi

Has anyone heard back from NUS post submission of application?

Regards,
Anuj
Intern
Intern
Joined: 07 Mar 2017
Posts: 10
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Location: India
Send PM
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
no nothing yet
Manager
Manager
Joined: 05 Oct 2014
Posts: 56
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
If the instruction of course is English during undergraduate course. Do we need to upload English test score(IELTS/TOEFL) or we need to upload proof of English from undergraduate course and where to upload that in online application?
avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 15 Sep 2014
Posts: 19
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management, Operations
Schools: NUS '20 (WL)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
Send PM
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
1
Bookmarks
Narenn wrote:

NUS Essay Analysis by Accepted.com



1. Please answer ONE of the following short essay prompts. (300 words)

a. I am passionate about…
b. My greatest challenge has been…
c. My biggest failure was ….

All three of these questions are opportunities to share an interesting experience from your life. Passion comes through with differentiating details (did you compete in 10Ks every weekend? Did you turn $500 in high school summer earnings into an investment portfolio worth thousands?). Challenges are overcome with drive, tenacity, and commitment. Failures are learning experiences and launch pads for subsequent successes. Share an example here that will help the admission committee see your individuality come alive.

2. Briefly describe your immediate post-MBA career goal including your industry, function and country of choice and how have your prior experiences motivated and prepared you to pursue these goals? (300 words)

All MBA programs want their students to be pleased with the employment they find and the career trajectory ahead of them after graduation. Applicants must demonstrate in this essay that they know what they can expect to achieve within five years of graduating so that the admissions office will believe you are realistically driven.

If you do not know any NUS MBAs personally, you may find LinkedIn searches for NUS alumni very useful to see what a wide range of MBA alumni have succeeded in doing within around five years of graduating. Go to NUS’s LinkedIn page and then use the Search Alumni button, then restrict your search to alumni who graduated around 2012 or 2013 to get a sense of their five-year progress. This isn’t foolproof: you must check that you are looking at MBA graduates (and not undergraduate degree holders or exchange students), but this will offer you wider insight than your own small circle of acquaintances. Go ahead and reach out to alumni through LinkedIn and through your personal network to discuss how they reached the advancement that they did to add depth to your own plans for this essay.


3. If there is anything else you would like to share with the Admissions Committee that was not covered in your application, please include here. (300 words)

The first two essays were short, so there is almost certainly more in your background: additional areas of leadership, influence, and impact, for example. While this optional space may certainly be used to explain a weakness or flaw in your background, I highly recommend shining the spotlight on an area of strength in the process: poor grades do not have to stand on their own when you can demonstrate that you spent your undergraduate education in significant extracurricular leadership roles, for example.

4. (Only applicable to re-applicants) Please provide an update on any new aspects of your professional, international, academic or personal profile that would not have been included in your previous application. Please also explain your motivation for re-applying to NUS. (Maximum: 300 words)

Reapplying demonstrates your sincere interest in this program, so don’t assume that the admissions committee is biased against you. Instead, use this space to show that you have used the time since you applied to take on new challenges, expand your leadership experience, and build insight in areas that will interest your NUS classmates and future recruiters. The final aspect of the essay prompt – about your motivation for re-applying to NUS – also offers you the opportunity to show that you’ve done your research about the NUS MBA: what students have you spoken to and what have you learned about how this program will help you on your path? What makes NUS special? Those details will further demonstrate your readiness for the program.

For details, visit https://gmatclub.com/blog/2017/10/nus-m ... adlines-2/


From the guys who have submitted the application - are these the questions on the application (Just want to double check)?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
 1   2   3  ...  18   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6979 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
236 posts