Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 23:11 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 23:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GRE 1: Q162 V157
GPA: 2.84
WE:Business Development (Real Estate)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [1]
Send PM
Re: Schulich (York) MBA Winter Applicants: Jan 2018 Intake [#permalink]
Kudos
I guess end of july or early august as their scholarship form stated that scholarships are given mid august. So lets see

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I hope so as well. Keep me posted on your status.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I wonder why it is so silent this year. saadim did you get any update?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Yes got.an email yesterday stating that I am shortlisted for skype interview on monday. It was imran kanga himself who was writing email and who will take interview. He also said that he plans to give admission invites in same week as well for round 1 so he is in a lot of hurry to do interview. So I accepted time and day without question.

Did you get any email for interview invite?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
saadim wrote:
Yes got.an email yesterday stating that I am shortlisted for skype interview on monday. It was imran kanga himself who was writing email and who will take interview. He also said that he plans to give admission invites in same week as well for round 1 so he is in a lot of hurry to do interview. So I accepted time and day without question.

Did you get any email for interview invite?

Congrats on the invite. All the best. I hope you get in. No, I am still waiting to hear back. I am thinking to drop an email and check with them.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Yes you should as next week is last according to adcom.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yes. Let me know how your interview goes. All the Best.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
VG9028 as per your request I am updating you on my interview experience. The interview lasted for 20 mins. Imran Kanga came in 10 mins late. The questions were standard why mba why now, why schulich, current job description, what to do you do apart from working (free time), do you have any team experience. He asked if I plan to take GRE again as he said intially it was low but I responded that it was above the school's average if converted to gmat score then he said it is very good lol. I was saying to myself why the hell did he invite me to interview if my gre was not upto the university standards. He asked if I plan to retake it I clearly said no thanks :) it is more than enough for the university. Then i asked him a couple of questions. In the end the thing that happened shocked me. He said your application has been forwarded to round 2 and you will get decision at end of august/september. I said what hang on I applied in round 1 due to website's requirement that it is the last deadline for international students and visa constraints. He then said he will try his best to ask adcom to make decision by wednesday. I am now really amused and shocked by what school website publish. He is not only pushing my application to next round but also taking away my scholarship chances. I have read from previous students that they usually get their offers right away in follow up mail. What is more funny is that in the end he admitted that I am in and will be joining schulich soon. i again said wait hang on hang what.
Overall I still dont know what the hell happened. Clearly the most amusing interview I have had ever.

P.S he was also typing while we talked so he wasnt paying much attention to my answers I guess. :O

What about you did he replied to you about your application or were you also pushed automatically to round 2.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
saadim wrote:
VG9028 as per your request I am updating you on my interview experience. The interview lasted for 20 mins. Imran Kanga came in 10 mins late. The questions were standard why mba why now, why schulich, current job description, what to do you do apart from working (free time), do you have any team experience. He asked if I plan to take GRE again as he said intially it was low but I responded that it was above the school's average if converted to gmat score then he said it is very good lol. I was saying to myself why the hell did he invite me to interview if my gre was not upto the university standards. He asked if I plan to retake it I clearly said no thanks :) it is more than enough for the university. Then i asked him a couple of questions. In the end the thing that happened shocked me. He said your application has been forwarded to round 2 and you will get decision at end of august/september. I said what hang on I applied in round 1 due to website's requirement that it is the last deadline for international students and visa constraints. He then said he will try his best to ask adcom to make decision by wednesday. I am now really amused and shocked by what school website publish. He is not only pushing my application to next round but also taking away my scholarship chances. I have read from previous students that they usually get their offers right away in follow up mail. What is more funny is that in the end he admitted that I am in and will be joining schulich soon. i again said wait hang on hang what.
Overall I still dont know what the hell happened. Clearly the most amusing interview I have had ever.

P.S he was also typing while we talked so he wasnt paying much attention to my answers I guess. :O

What about you did he replied to you about your application or were you also pushed automatically to round 2.

Congrats on the admit!!. I am still waiting for the call :( . I think it is pushed to round 2 as they mentioned that they are still processing the round 1 applications and round 2 starts in Aug end I believe.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
no you misunderstood I havent received a confirmation of acceptance as yet. Your application is also pushed forward. This is shocking. What is your background, city and gmat score. No university does that what york is doing. Their admissions are all over the place for a b school this is shocking. no wonder it has fallen out of top 100 in ft rankings. I thought if I had to give GRE again why not I should go to top ranked usa school. I also have other admits from top ranked europe schools so to keep me hanging is not fair.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
their round 2 starts in 5 september so by their standard it would take like october to give decisions so little time for preparation and visa securing
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Kudos
saadim wrote:

Well, congrats if you've got in!
Can't comment on your interview experience but all interviewers type your response for the adcom so it in not true that he wasn't paying attention! :D
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Well in yorks case imran himself hands out acceptance letters like 10 mins after interview he is the sole jury as far as previous alumni experience has told me. My point is I havr paid for round 1 so keep me in round 1 and not push me around and take me for granted.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi everyone!

Hope you're all doing great! I've got an admit for Schulich MBA Jan 2018 intake.

Is there a https://gmatclub.com/chat group for the same?

In case if so, kindly add me to the group - +919731811120. If it isn't there, then let's create one!

Looking forward to connecting with you all!

Cheers, have a good one! :)

--Vaikunt
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 1220
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 620 Q47 V29
GMAT 2: 670 Q50 V31
GPA: 4
WE:Business Development (Consulting)
Send PM
Congrats vaikuntr1991

Can you share your profile and GMAT score ?
Also your interview experience.

Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Sure :)

I'm from India and have 4 years of work experience, majorly in go-to-market strategies, data analytics, business development and product marketing for startups, and a 690 on the GMAT.

My interview lasted for around 20 minutes. Questions asked - Why MBA, why Schulich, details around current and previous work roles, post MBA goals.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Vaikunt
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 1220
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 620 Q47 V29
GMAT 2: 670 Q50 V31
GPA: 4
WE:Business Development (Consulting)
Send PM
vaikuntr1991

Thanks. I am planning for Sep 2018 intake. Wish you all the best. R u considering Rotman also ?
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts