Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 05:40 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 05:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
GMAT Club Reviews PM Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 754 [3]
Given Kudos: 522
Schools: ISB'22 (D)
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 754 [2]
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 754 [1]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 2588 [7]
Given Kudos: 567
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.88
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Tepper MBA Applicants: 2021 Intake [Class of 2023] [#permalink]
Kudos
Top Contributor
Hi,

I was told by iamsiddharthkapoor to provide guidance for Tepper Thread.

I am happy to be here to help out the future Tepper family. I am Tepper 2017 grad and I am working as PM at Pittsburgh.

Please let me know if you have any question for Tepper experience.

Also, my strongest advise would be to search for the Tepper current students and grads (first start with the current students) to have a chat and see what is the career path. It is a big investment and in current scenario, it is also a risk in terms of the immigration and job prospect. It affects all of the schools. Please do evaluate the pros and cons and be very sure where you are getting into. There are definite challenges with Covid 19 situation

I must say, the 2 years at Tepper was my best years of my life and within 2 years, you will be amazed, fill with euphoria and also might hit rock bottom. It is a complete and comprehensive experience.

I will also suggest to reach out u1983 and he is current student and can share recent experiences

All the best.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 772 [3]
Given Kudos: 97
GMAT 1: 540 Q49 V16
GMAT 2: 680 Q49 V33
Send PM
Kudos
Definitely... I will try to help ( ... with my limited capacity and knowledge). Please let us know if there are any queries.

kinjiGC thanks a bunch for the mention. You have always been very kind... Thanks.
Own Kudos [?]: 754 [0]
Send PM
Welcome kinjiGC and u1983, and thank you so much for offering your support to the interested applicants. It'll be great for the hopefuls to have your say on the matters.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35 (Online)
GRE 1: Q169 V159
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
Thank you iamsiddharthkapoor for the awesome work. I am a Tepper aspirant and will follow this group closely. Looking for more details on changes that latest developments such as the corona effect and US elections are causing in MBA application process and respective GMAT/GRE cutoffs.
Current Student
Send PM
u1983 wrote:
Definitely... I will try to help ( ... with my limited capacity and knowledge). Please let us know if there are any queries.

kinjiGC thanks a bunch for the mention. You have always been very kind... Thanks.

Hi u1983,
Please let me know whether Tepper provides scholarship and how I can evaluate my chances of getting scholarship and also what percentage of it.

Thank you.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 772 [1]
Given Kudos: 97
GMAT 1: 540 Q49 V16
GMAT 2: 680 Q49 V33
Send PM
Kudos
Yes .... Tepper provides scholarships. Although scholarships depend on the adcoms, the obvious parameters are ... gmat, gpa, profile strength etc

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Send PM
u1983 wrote:
Yes .... Tepper provides scholarships. Although scholarships depend on the adcoms, the obvious parameters are ... gmat, gpa, profile strength etc

Ok. What is the average scholarships that Indian students are able to get at Tepper? To give you some information in my case, I have GMAT 700(Q49 V35), GRE 328(Q169 V159), GPA >3.75, and 4 yrs. of work experience at Microsoft India as a SWE.

Thanks in advance.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 2588 [0]
Send PM
Top Contributor
aaditya0893 wrote:
Thank you iamsiddharthkapoor for the awesome work. I am a Tepper aspirant and will follow this group closely. Looking for more details on changes that latest developments such as the corona effect and US elections are causing in MBA application process and respective GMAT/GRE cutoffs.

The MBA application process is based on Demand and Supply function. Because of challenging environment, there might be less candidates applying, so obviously, the competition is relatively less compared to other years.

My suggestion would be to apply with your strongest application and hope for the best.

Please let me know if you have any specific questions about Tepper.
Director
Director
Send PM
Top Contributor
aaditya0893 wrote:
u1983 wrote:

Ok. What is the average scholarships that Indian students are able to get at Tepper? To give you some information in my case, I have GMAT 700(Q49 V35), GRE 328(Q169 V159), GPA >3.75, and 4 yrs. of work experience at Microsoft India as a SWE.

Thanks in advance.

Scholarships are provided to attract talent. If you are unique in the class in terms of profile (which I know you are not), you will be provided with scholarship.

So, my suggestion would be not to think about scholarship and create a strongest application for Tepper adcom to consider.

Also, if you are looking for certainty (cut offs, exact scholarships etc), I will suggest may be MBA not a good career path for you. As company hires MBA when the business is chaotic and not smooth. Be comfortable with less information and chaotic environment.

I don't want to answer only based on the GMAT score as application includes other factors as well.

Also, one point to note, we are not adcoms. We are alum and current students. We can only answer based on my class experiences and u1983 class experiences. We also don't know for certainty what is going to happen for the 2020 intake.
Current Student
Send PM
There is no need to be rude as I know being polite is another trait that comes in handy for MBA. These are the kinds of questions that people ask when there is a dearth of information. Moreover, u1983 mentioned these parameters which is why I provided these numbers.

Please be polite if you can't answer something you don't have information on.

kinjiGC wrote:
aaditya0893 wrote:
u1983 wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Scholarships are provided to attract talent. If you are unique in the class in terms of profile (which I know you are not), you will be provided with scholarship.

So, my suggestion would be not to think about scholarship and create a strongest application for Tepper adcom to consider.

Also, if you are looking for certainty (cut offs, exact scholarships etc), I will suggest may be MBA not a good career path for you. As company hires MBA when the business is chaotic and not smooth. Be comfortable with less information and chaotic environment.

I don't want to answer only based on the GMAT score as application includes other factors as well.

Also, one point to note, we are not adcoms. We are alum and current students. We can only answer based on my class experiences and u1983 class experiences. We also don't know for certainty what is going to happen for the 2020 intake.

Originally posted by aaditya005 on 26 Jul 2020, 10:36.
Last edited by aaditya005 on 26 Jul 2020, 11:01, edited 1 time in total.
Director
Director
Send PM
Top Contributor
aaditya0893 wrote:
There is no need to be rude as I know being polite in another trait that comes in handy for MBA. These are the kinds of questions that people ask when there is a dearth of information. Moreover, u1983 mentioned these parameters which is why I provided these numbers.

Please be polite if you can't answer something you don't have information on.

kinjiGC wrote:
aaditya0893 wrote:
u1983 wrote:

Thanks in advance.

I am sorry if my answers were to the point and blunt (construed as rude). I don't sugar coat my answers. I like to put it that way it is. May be it is best that I don't answer your question.

If you think alums and current students can't answer your question, you are free to reach out to Tepper Adcom and they can help out.

All the best
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
Hi Guys,
There has been a lot of hype about Fall 2021 being the most competitive season for MBA applications because of the upcoming recession and deferrals from previous year. Any opinions on this?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 2588 [6]
Send PM
Kudos
Top Contributor
I am not sure whether candidates looking to apply to Tepper School know about the below:

If as a candidate, you have a great conversation with a Tepper Alum or Tepper current student (2nd year), please request for a referral. This goes a long away in candidates application but at the same time, the referral doesn't guarantee interview or admit. It is more like we are telling the adcom - "Hey, we have found a great candidate for Tepper program, please take a look at this candidate". The act of referral is very much dependent on the alum or current students' prerogative.

Please do avail this opportunity and start networking with Tepper alums or current students. We are here to help and want to see a great class every year.

Also, it prepares candidates for US recruitment process through networking once candidate become a Tepper 1st year.

Hope it helps.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8833 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
That’s great to know. Thanks, kinjiGC

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 286 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
Concentration: Marketing, Sustainability
GPA: 4
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
I was admitted to Tepper but the admit came so late that I couldn't get my documents ready. So I'll be replying this year. I'm really not hopeful as they might not give me admission again. But fingers crossed
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8833 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
blowice27 wrote:
I was admitted to Tepper but the admit came so late that I couldn't get my documents ready. So I'll be replying this year. I'm really not hopeful as they might not give me admission again. But fingers crossed

blowice27

Did you try to defer your admit or there was no such thing with Tepper?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 286 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
Concentration: Marketing, Sustainability
GPA: 4
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
I had already deferred at UNC so it didn't make any sense because of no scholarship at Tepper
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  19   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts