GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 10 Dec 2019, 03:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Fisher(Ohio) School Moderator
avatar
S
Joined: 07 Jun 2017
Posts: 133
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.47
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jul 2019, 22:45
1
1
Welcome all Foster class of 2022 hopefuls. Let's use this platform to know each-other, exchange ideas, discuss app strategies, and some profile discussions may be? Give a shout out!

Foster Decision Tracker & Historical Admit Data | Add Foster to your profile



Class Profile


Class Size: 125 (Women 42%; International: 27%)
Avg GMAT: 696 (Middle 80% Range: 650-730)
Avg GPA: 3.31
Average age: 29 (Range 24-39)
Average WE: 6.06

MBA 2018 Graduate Employment Profile


Offer accepted within 3 months after graduation: 99%
Offer accepted at graduation: 84%
Average salary*: $118,355
Range of salaries* $54,989-160,000
Fisher(Ohio) School Moderator
avatar
S
Joined: 07 Jun 2017
Posts: 133
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.47
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jul 2019, 22:45
Foster MBA Deadlines: 2020 Intake
RoundApplication DeadlineReceive Notification
1October 8* (11:59pm PDT)December 20
2January 8* (11:59pm PDT)March 31
3March 17 (11:59pm PDT)May 22


SIGN UP TO RECEIVE APPLICATION WORKSHOP VIDEOS

Application Requirements


Each application requires the following:
  • Online Application Profile
  • Required Essays (2), Optional Essay (1)
  • Resume
  • Letters of Recommendation (2)
  • Official GMAT or GRE Score Report
  • Transcripts from a completed four-year U.S. bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university (or an equivalent)
  • Proof of English Language Proficiency
  • Video Interview Submission (Applicants are emailed instructions on how to complete this application requirement 3-4 days after the application round deadline)
  • Non-Refundable Application Fee ($85)
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 7324
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jul 2019, 22:45

Essay Questions


Two essays are required and must be uploaded to your online application. The optional essay allows you to tell us more about yourself or explain an area of potential concern.

  • Essay 1: Post-MBA Plans (750 words maximum)
    Tell us your ideas about what lies ahead for you in your career. What are the gaps or deficiencies currently preventing you from pursuing these potential career paths? How do you plan to use your time in the Foster MBA program to fill these gaps and advance your career?
  • Essay 2: Inspiring Experience Essay (500 words maximum)
    Tell us about an experience that inspired or confirmed your decision to pursue the MBA.
  • Essay 3: Optional essay (500 words maximum)
    Include this essay if you have additional information you believe would be helpful to the admissions committee in considering your application.

_________________
2020 MBA Applicants: Introduce Yourself Here!

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Nov 2018
Posts: 21
Location: India
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.38
Re: Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Sep 2019, 07:35
Does anyone know if there is a different application process for reapplicants?
I could not find any information on the Foster website.
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
Joined: 22 May 2017
Posts: 2693
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Sep 2019, 08:03
jitmondal wrote:
Does anyone know if there is a different application process for reapplicants?
I could not find any information on the Foster website.


jitmondal

You are correct. I also don't find any information about reapplicants. I advise you to contact the Graduate School at uwgrad@uw.edu or 206.685.2630.
_________________
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 11 Sep 2018
Posts: 21
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Re: Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2019, 00:26
Hi All,

I am not able to find department code 02 for TOEFL score submission for Foster.
Mailed them regarding the same, but to no reply.
Can somebody from the team help me for this?

Thanks,
Priyal
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 7324
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2019, 23:45
choubeyp wrote:
Hi All,

I am not able to find department code 02 for TOEFL score submission for Foster.
Mailed them regarding the same, but to no reply.
Can somebody from the team help me for this?

Thanks,
Priyal


I think you got the answer for this query in another forum, right?
_________________
2020 MBA Applicants: Introduce Yourself Here!

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 11 Sep 2018
Posts: 21
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Re: Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2019, 00:39
Narenn wrote:
choubeyp wrote:
Hi All,

I am not able to find department code 02 for TOEFL score submission for Foster.
Mailed them regarding the same, but to no reply.
Can somebody from the team help me for this?

Thanks,
Priyal


I think you got the answer for this query in another forum, right?


Yes. I have sent it for Code 099.
Thank you :)
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 7324
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2019, 00:45
choubeyp wrote:
Narenn wrote:
choubeyp wrote:
Hi All,

I am not able to find department code 02 for TOEFL score submission for Foster.
Mailed them regarding the same, but to no reply.
Can somebody from the team help me for this?

Thanks,
Priyal


I think you got the answer for this query in another forum, right?


Yes. I have sent it for Code 099.
Thank you :)


So just to clarify to other Foster applicants who may be facing this issue - You should use the code 099 for any not listed program. Is that correct?
_________________
2020 MBA Applicants: Introduce Yourself Here!

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 11 Sep 2018
Posts: 21
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Re: Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2019, 02:32
Narenn wrote:

So just to clarify to other Foster applicants who may be facing this issue - You should use the code 099 for any not listed program. Is that correct?


Yes. I have used it for Foster and NUS. AdComs also confirmed this.
Current Student
User avatar
V
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 4275
Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2019, 12:00
3
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 28 May 2018
Posts: 9
Location: India
Schools: Foster '22
Re: Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2019, 19:18
souvik101990 wrote:
Foster continues to be one of the best schools for Amazon and Microsoft. Let me know if you guys have questions. I applied last year and got in with some serious $$$.


Hi Souvik,
What is a safe score for an Indian candidate to have a shot at Foster with some scholarship? I am going to apply in Round 2, does that have any impact?

Thanks,
Arvind
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 11 Sep 2018
Posts: 21
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Re: Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2019, 03:02
souvik101990 wrote:
Foster continues to be one of the best schools for Amazon and Microsoft. Let me know if you guys have questions. I applied last year and got in with some serious $$$.

Hi Souvik,

Any essay tips? What are the core values that should be focused on?
As an Indian applicant what could be the strategy to impress?
I mean there are tons of questions. Any tip will be invaluable.
Just share your overall experience and how you made it happen.

Yours
troubled applicant
:tongue_opt2
Current Student
User avatar
V
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 4275
Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2019, 06:37
arvindb14 wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:
Foster continues to be one of the best schools for Amazon and Microsoft. Let me know if you guys have questions. I applied last year and got in with some serious $$$.


Hi Souvik,
What is a safe score for an Indian candidate to have a shot at Foster with some scholarship? I am going to apply in Round 2, does that have any impact?

Thanks,
Arvind


There are no safe score guarantees - but only anecdotal evidence. From my year, guy with a 740 got a full ride! Girl with a 680 did not get a scholarship!
_________________
Current Student
User avatar
V
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 4275
Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2019, 06:43
4
2
choubeyp wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:
Foster continues to be one of the best schools for Amazon and Microsoft. Let me know if you guys have questions. I applied last year and got in with some serious $$$.

Hi Souvik,

Any essay tips? What are the core values that should be focused on?
As an Indian applicant what could be the strategy to impress?
I mean there are tons of questions. Any tip will be invaluable.
Just share your overall experience and how you made it happen.

Yours
troubled applicant
:tongue_opt2


Here were my essays! Enjoy reading and be kind!

Inspiring Experience Essay (500 words maximum) – Please tell us about an experience that inspired or confirmed your decision to pursue the MBA.

I faced my biggest career challenge to date when I could not convince others in my organization to adopt an impact evaluation strategy that I had created. One of our biggest hurdles has been proving to donors that our leadership programs for school principals truly have a revolutionary ripple effect, ultimately transforming outcomes for thousands of students. However, since we only measured our impact by analyzing standardized test scores, the evaluation of our leadership development program was rudimentary at best. What frustrated me about this is that I knew that our holistic programs truly changed lives, and that mere test scores alone were overly-simplistic. I then devised a plan for a new, multi-faceted way to attempt to quantify our programs’ effectiveness.

When I presented this idea to my fellow senior staff members, they strongly disagreed. Most of them were former teachers, and they favored maintaining the status quo of standardized tests as our only metric. As a former teacher myself, I saw where my colleagues were coming from, as scores were certainly the easiest way to measure progress. It was a crushing blow because I had thought that my strategy would be welcome by other staff members as it could potentially solve our funding challenge. However, the monitoring and evaluation team and the program teams were not convinced of my idea as I failed to explain the how and the why of why my strategy would really work.

I attempted to move the team forward by creating a shared vision. I started with a group brainstorming session asking: “What makes good teaching good?”. With our collective experiences, we came up with multiple variables ranging from teacher collaboration to student health, which I incorporated into my model to help encourage buy-in. This started to win people over, but I still felt I had to show them proof that the model could work. I convinced our CEO to let me lead a cross-functional team to analyze school practices in over 100 schools in 4 cities. We collected data on the new broader variables, such as lesson planning, parent engagement, and student safety to map them with ISLI’s program practices. We assigned weights to the variables to determine overall school health.

I learned from this experience that a good idea alone is not enough to persuade others to come together. Involving others in creating common goals convinced various internal parties to contribute, and made the project even stronger. At the times when I was struggling to convince my team, I approached my supervisor who reminded me that I lacked the leadership skills that would have made the challenge easier. I needed to learn how to market an idea and show feasibility by implementing branding strategies that connect with our own organizational vision. She reminded me that her own experiences in an MBA program had equipped her to broader organizational challenges that I am yet to master. When I spoke with Foster current student, Mukund Rajasekhar, I became more convinced that a Foster MBA would not only help me launch new EdTech products but also help me become a more persuasive leader.


Tell us your ideas about what lies ahead for you in your career. What are the gaps or deficiencies currently preventing you from pursuing these potential career paths? How do you plan to use your time in the Foster Full-time MBA program to fill these gaps and advance your career?

I once found one of my brightest students passed out after a drug overdose. His father wanted to send him back home immediately but I advised waiting, hoping to help him turn his life around. Though I tried to work with him one-on-one, he was soon caught stealing and subsequently expelled. This experience shook me and remained one of my biggest failures as a teacher. I have witnessed first-hand that using technology in the classroom can help positively impact academic outcomes tremendously. That having been said, I do not feel that current EdTech products adequately embrace the full student: addressing emotional challenges and building the sort of psychological resilience that will ultimately help middle school children learn holistically.

This has inspired me to one day start an EdTech firm specifically targeting those in the fragile early adolescent years: one that offers holistic lessons beyond academics, with psychosocial and developmental lessons as well. I will first learn best practices after graduating from Foster by joining an established tech company such as Microsoft a product manager in their education portfolio.

In the last two years, I have worked closely on several EdTech projects. As a part of the core committee of innovation at India School Leadership Institute, I have developed two MOOC style courses on school leadership that has reached over 500 school leaders in India. I have been able to integrate classroom level learning with interactivities that facilitate retention. Further, as a part of the National Teacher Portal set up by the Indian government, I have consulted with the department of education to create a leadership curriculum aimed at urban schools and delivered through technology. While my expertise has helped me understand EdTech in a broader concept, I am yet to fully realize concepts of product development and marketing. My dream of creating products for middle school children will not be fully realized till I develop skills that help me launch new products right from conception to ready to market stages.

An MBA from Foster will be critical to this development. Core courses in Marketing Strategy such as Market Definition will help me create the scope of my product and create go-to-market strategies for a category that is yet to flourish the EdTech space. Further, electives such as Entrepreneurial Strategy and Technology Commercialization will help me create my long-term venture and teach me intricacies such as pricing and analytics that I currently lack.

Another reason why Foster MBA is the ideal incubator to my ambitions is its strong entrepreneurial support. I am looking forward to fully leveraging the Arthur W. Buerk Center for Entrepreneurship. I want to participate in the UW Business Plan Competition and hopefully gather my first seed for my venture in the middle school EdTech space.

My experience would not be completed without the diverse student organiztions at Foster. The ENTREPRENEURSHIP & VENTURE CAPITAL CLUB (EVCC) and FosterTech will help me network with potential VC firms in Seattle and also partner with peers with similar ambition to form a coalition for my own startup. EVCC and FosterTech will also be crucial in getting in touch with other EdTech startups in the busy Seattle space such as Word Lab Web and Actively Learn, where I want to spend my summer learning middle school products to shape my own. SF Treks led by Foster Tech will help me gather insider insights in latest hi-tech startups in education and beyond.

Finally, I want to bring my mentors in the education sector to speak at the campus. I want to engage Maureen Ferry, MD at Teach For America, and Sameer Sampat, former CEO of ISLI, who is now based in California as he pilots a global school leadership initiative in North America, to participate in Social Impact conferences. I hope to engage my peers and classmates in the similarly helpful mentorship that has inspired me in my own career. I will also help my classmates find jobs by applying the lessons I learned in college as our department’s recruiting coordinator. In that role, I expanded the number of recruiters coming to campus from 65 to 100, by networking our alumni in untapped cities, and ran technical interview skills workshops for engineers, which led to 120% more job offers than the year before.

I have always been inspired by latest innovations in education and Foster will facilitate my future growth of creating my own venture through its academic and experiential opportunities.
_________________
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 11 Sep 2018
Posts: 21
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Re: Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2019, 07:03
souvik101990 wrote:
choubeyp wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:
Foster continues to be one of the best schools for Amazon and Microsoft. Let me know if you guys have questions. I applied last year and got in with some serious $$$.

Hi Souvik,

Any essay tips? What are the core values that should be focused on?
As an Indian applicant what could be the strategy to impress?
I mean there are tons of questions. Any tip will be invaluable.
Just share your overall experience and how you made it happen.

Yours
troubled applicant
:tongue_opt2


Here were my essays! Enjoy reading and be kind!

Inspiring Experience Essay (500 words maximum) – Please tell us about an experience that inspired or confirmed your decision to pursue the MBA.

I faced my biggest career challenge to date when I could not convince others in my organization to adopt an impact evaluation strategy that I had created. One of our biggest hurdles has been proving to donors that our leadership programs for school principals truly have a revolutionary ripple effect, ultimately transforming outcomes for thousands of students. However, since we only measured our impact by analyzing standardized test scores, the evaluation of our leadership development program was rudimentary at best. What frustrated me about this is that I knew that our holistic programs truly changed lives, and that mere test scores alone were overly-simplistic. I then devised a plan for a new, multi-faceted way to attempt to quantify our programs’ effectiveness.

When I presented this idea to my fellow senior staff members, they strongly disagreed. Most of them were former teachers, and they favored maintaining the status quo of standardized tests as our only metric. As a former teacher myself, I saw where my colleagues were coming from, as scores were certainly the easiest way to measure progress. It was a crushing blow because I had thought that my strategy would be welcome by other staff members as it could potentially solve our funding challenge. However, the monitoring and evaluation team and the program teams were not convinced of my idea as I failed to explain the how and the why of why my strategy would really work.

I attempted to move the team forward by creating a shared vision. I started with a group brainstorming session asking: “What makes good teaching good?”. With our collective experiences, we came up with multiple variables ranging from teacher collaboration to student health, which I incorporated into my model to help encourage buy-in. This started to win people over, but I still felt I had to show them proof that the model could work. I convinced our CEO to let me lead a cross-functional team to analyze school practices in over 100 schools in 4 cities. We collected data on the new broader variables, such as lesson planning, parent engagement, and student safety to map them with ISLI’s program practices. We assigned weights to the variables to determine overall school health.

I learned from this experience that a good idea alone is not enough to persuade others to come together. Involving others in creating common goals convinced various internal parties to contribute, and made the project even stronger. At the times when I was struggling to convince my team, I approached my supervisor who reminded me that I lacked the leadership skills that would have made the challenge easier. I needed to learn how to market an idea and show feasibility by implementing branding strategies that connect with our own organizational vision. She reminded me that her own experiences in an MBA program had equipped her to broader organizational challenges that I am yet to master. When I spoke with Foster current student, Mukund Rajasekhar, I became more convinced that a Foster MBA would not only help me launch new EdTech products but also help me become a more persuasive leader.


Tell us your ideas about what lies ahead for you in your career. What are the gaps or deficiencies currently preventing you from pursuing these potential career paths? How do you plan to use your time in the Foster Full-time MBA program to fill these gaps and advance your career?

I once found one of my brightest students passed out after a drug overdose. His father wanted to send him back home immediately but I advised waiting, hoping to help him turn his life around. Though I tried to work with him one-on-one, he was soon caught stealing and subsequently expelled. This experience shook me and remained one of my biggest failures as a teacher. I have witnessed first-hand that using technology in the classroom can help positively impact academic outcomes tremendously. That having been said, I do not feel that current EdTech products adequately embrace the full student: addressing emotional challenges and building the sort of psychological resilience that will ultimately help middle school children learn holistically.

This has inspired me to one day start an EdTech firm specifically targeting those in the fragile early adolescent years: one that offers holistic lessons beyond academics, with psychosocial and developmental lessons as well. I will first learn best practices after graduating from Foster by joining an established tech company such as Microsoft a product manager in their education portfolio.

In the last two years, I have worked closely on several EdTech projects. As a part of the core committee of innovation at India School Leadership Institute, I have developed two MOOC style courses on school leadership that has reached over 500 school leaders in India. I have been able to integrate classroom level learning with interactivities that facilitate retention. Further, as a part of the National Teacher Portal set up by the Indian government, I have consulted with the department of education to create a leadership curriculum aimed at urban schools and delivered through technology. While my expertise has helped me understand EdTech in a broader concept, I am yet to fully realize concepts of product development and marketing. My dream of creating products for middle school children will not be fully realized till I develop skills that help me launch new products right from conception to ready to market stages.

An MBA from Foster will be critical to this development. Core courses in Marketing Strategy such as Market Definition will help me create the scope of my product and create go-to-market strategies for a category that is yet to flourish the EdTech space. Further, electives such as Entrepreneurial Strategy and Technology Commercialization will help me create my long-term venture and teach me intricacies such as pricing and analytics that I currently lack.

Another reason why Foster MBA is the ideal incubator to my ambitions is its strong entrepreneurial support. I am looking forward to fully leveraging the Arthur W. Buerk Center for Entrepreneurship. I want to participate in the UW Business Plan Competition and hopefully gather my first seed for my venture in the middle school EdTech space.

My experience would not be completed without the diverse student organiztions at Foster. The ENTREPRENEURSHIP & VENTURE CAPITAL CLUB (EVCC) and FosterTech will help me network with potential VC firms in Seattle and also partner with peers with similar ambition to form a coalition for my own startup. EVCC and FosterTech will also be crucial in getting in touch with other EdTech startups in the busy Seattle space such as Word Lab Web and Actively Learn, where I want to spend my summer learning middle school products to shape my own. SF Treks led by Foster Tech will help me gather insider insights in latest hi-tech startups in education and beyond.

Finally, I want to bring my mentors in the education sector to speak at the campus. I want to engage Maureen Ferry, MD at Teach For America, and Sameer Sampat, former CEO of ISLI, who is now based in California as he pilots a global school leadership initiative in North America, to participate in Social Impact conferences. I hope to engage my peers and classmates in the similarly helpful mentorship that has inspired me in my own career. I will also help my classmates find jobs by applying the lessons I learned in college as our department’s recruiting coordinator. In that role, I expanded the number of recruiters coming to campus from 65 to 100, by networking our alumni in untapped cities, and ran technical interview skills workshops for engineers, which led to 120% more job offers than the year before.

I have always been inspired by latest innovations in education and Foster will facilitate my future growth of creating my own venture through its academic and experiential opportunities.



wow! thanks :) I didn't know people can do that (I mean share former essays). Thanks any way. will be very helpful
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 29 Jul 2017
Posts: 14
Location: India
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V28
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
Re: Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2019, 07:08
souvik101990 wrote:
Foster continues to be one of the best schools for Amazon and Microsoft. Let me know if you guys have questions. I applied last year and got in with some serious $$$.


Hey Souvik,
Firstly,your posts related to GMAT have been very helpful. So thank you for that.
Fosters is one of my top target schools because of the Tech placement opportunities post MBA.
I am currently in my 3rd year of work-ex with a US based company in India. In respect to your present class and maybe the immediate senior batch, what are my chances just based on work ex. That is a huge worrying factor for me apart from the 710 GMAT score.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 28 May 2018
Posts: 9
Location: India
Schools: Foster '22
Re: Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2019, 23:06
souvik101990 wrote:
arvindb14 wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:
Foster continues to be one of the best schools for Amazon and Microsoft. Let me know if you guys have questions. I applied last year and got in with some serious $$$.


Hi Souvik,
What is a safe score for an Indian candidate to have a shot at Foster with some scholarship? I am going to apply in Round 2, does that have any impact?

Thanks,
Arvind


There are no safe score guarantees - but only anecdotal evidence. From my year, guy with a 740 got a full ride! Girl with a 680 did not get a scholarship!


Thanks Souvik for the info. There is very little discussion about Foster on the internet, really do not understand why considering Foster has grown a lot over the past few years. Just to be clear, are you currently studying in Foster ? If yes, how is it going for you ? I hope I am not bothering you.

Regards,
Arvind
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 7324
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2019, 00:06
vedang09 wrote:
Hey Souvik,
Firstly,your posts related to GMAT have been very helpful. So thank you for that.
Fosters is one of my top target schools because of the Tech placement opportunities post MBA.
I am currently in my 3rd year of work-ex with a US based company in India. In respect to your present class and maybe the immediate senior batch, what are my chances just based on work ex. That is a huge worrying factor for me apart from the 710 GMAT score.


Just FYI, Souvik is at Michigan Ross, not Foster. He did get into Foster and couple other programs but chose Ross over other schools for his MBA. :-)
_________________
2020 MBA Applicants: Introduce Yourself Here!

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Dec 2017
Posts: 47
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
WE: General Management (Internet and New Media)
Re: Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2019, 06:47
Guys. What are you using for the CGPA conversion?
While most of the universities want us to report actual grades, Foster is asking us to convert to a 4.0 GPA scale.
I am from a top NIT and all the conversion scale websites mentioned in the application help page do not seem to have proper conversion methods.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!   [#permalink] 27 Sep 2019, 06:47

Go to page    1   2   3   4   5    Next  [ 93 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!

  new topic post reply Update application status  





Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne