GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Oct 2018, 17:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

new topic post reply Update application status  
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2018, 22:25
Welcome everyone to the Foster 2019 Intake applicants discussion.

Let's use this platform to know each other, exchange ideas/information, discuss application strategies, share interview/school visit experiences, and boost each other's morale to face the tough admission process.

Happy networking!

Add Foster program to your profile

Foster Decision Tracker and Historical Admit data |
Application Process and Requirements | Admission Deadlines and Class Profile

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

MBA Section Director
V
Re: Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2018, 22:30

Foster Full Time MBA Application Process and Requirements

Online Application Profile

Essays
  • Two essays are required and must be uploaded to your online application. The optional essay allows you to tell us more about yourself or explain an area of potential concern.

• Essay 1: Post-MBA Plans (750 words maximum)
      Tell us your ideas about what lies ahead for you in your career. What are the gaps or deficiencies currently preventing you from pursuing these potential career paths? How do you plan to use your time in the Foster MBA program to fill these gaps and advance your career?
    • Essay 2: Inspiring Experience Essay (500 words maximum)
      Tell us about an experience that inspired or confirmed your decision to pursue the MBA.
    • Essay 3: Optional essay (500 words maximum)
      Include this essay if you have additional information you believe would be helpful to the admissions committee in considering your application.

Resume
  • Outline your work experience in reverse chronological order. Be sure to include company name, a brief description of the organization (or a web address), your job title, and detailed information about your responsibilities and achievements.
  • Feel free to use up to three pages for your resume, and include all significant work experience since graduating from high school. Include educational background as well as your activities and community involvement.

LORs
  • Two recommendation letters are required; however, you are permitted to submit up to three. Preferably, recommendations should be provided by professional contacts rather than academic or personal contacts. Designate your recommenders in your online application profile. Recommenders will receive an email directing them to the online recommendation form.

GMAT or GRE
  • Foster accepts GMAT and GRE scores.
  • All sub-scores and the Analytical Writing Assessment (AWA) score are evaluated.
  • Scores should indicate a strong aptitude for business studies.

Transcripts and GPA Reporting
  • You must have completed the equivalent of a four-year U.S. bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university to be considered for admission.
  • Consistency in achievement is considered, but more weight is given to the last two years of study and courses within your academic area of focus.
  • Required Format for All Transcripts: DO NOT send official transcripts to our office via mail. Scan copies of your original transcripts in PDF file format and upload them to the online application. Make sure to include any transcript keys that describe the institution’s grading scale.
  • Reporting your Grade Point Average: Applicants must submit GPA on a 4.0 scale. Pls follow the instructions given on application form to convert your GPA to 4.0 scale if your university was not on such a system.

Video Interview
  • The video interview must be submitted in order for the application to be reviewed.
  • You will receive an email within 3-4 business days after the application deadline with instructions on recording the video interview.
  • The video interview allows Foster team to get to know you better and to assess your communication skills and your ability to think on your feet as they review your application and consider your candidacy.

MBA Section Director
V
Re: Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2018, 03:05
Foster 2019-2020 Deadlines
R1R2R3
Application DeadlineOct 10, 18Jan 10, 19Mar 14, 19
Interview Decision Notification---
Final Decision NotificationDec 21, 18Mar 29, 19May 15, 19

MBA Student Profile – Class of 2019
Class Size90
Average age28
Range of ages24-35
Average prior work experience5.68
Range of years of work experience2.25-12
Average GMAT693
GMAT Mid 80th Percentile640-740
Average undergraduate GPA3.39
Number of Veterans (incoming class)11%
Class Statistics
Men66%
Women34%
Washington State Students20%
International Students27%
Undergraduate Majors
Social Sciences & Humanities40%
Business19%
Engineering17%
Economics10%
Computer Science10%
Math & Science4%

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2018, 05:38
Hi

My selected toefl date is post the first deadline. Can i submit the application before deadline but give my score after? Will my application be considered for first round?

Thanks in advance.
Admission Consultant
P

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2018, 07:31
Anujkumar2401 wrote:
Hi

My selected toefl date is post the first deadline. Can i submit the application before deadline but give my score after? Will my application be considered for first round?

Thanks in advance.

Most b-schools are okay with that. However you should ask them once before by writing to them.
Generally, this is related to available test dates, so b-schools are reasonable about it.

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
Call me on my cellphone: +91 9901566772
Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask us for R2 Early Bird Offer

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2018, 07:33
Thanks!!
MBA Section Director
V

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2018, 22:37
Anujkumar2401, Did you touch base the school on this? Do they allow to submit TOEFL after submission deadline?

MBADecoder wrote:
Anujkumar2401 wrote:
Hi

Thanks in advance.

Most b-schools are okay with that. However you should ask them once before by writing to them.
Generally, this is related to available test dates, so b-schools are reasonable about it.

MBA Section Director
V

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2018, 22:40
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2018, 05:12
Going to do my video interview today, not entirely sure what to expect for the questions, but going to try to prepare a few examples of work issues etc
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V29
GPA: 3.2
Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2018, 05:14
Try preparing some answers for last year's questions. Good luck!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2018, 01:46
a2zyamini yeah I went with that approach and none came up in the end, but it helped me get into the mentality of planning through examples. Its really tough to tell how it went, during the practices I kept looking away from the camera because it didn't feel like I was really talking to someone, so I stuck something next to the camera to get my attention, hope it worked!

Trying to decide if it would make me feel better or worse if I could watch back my actual answers...
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
WE: Programming (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2018, 05:31
Can anyone who is done with the video interview share some insights? Number of questions, type of questions expected answer length etc
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2018, 05:35
ameyakarnalkar wrote:
Can anyone who is done with the video interview share some insights? Number of questions, type of questions expected answer length etc

2 Questions:
30 seconds to prepare
90 seconds to answer

Example questions here:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/compiled-video-interview-questions-for-foster-school-of-business-257878.html

I got asked the two below (not exact phrasing, but close enough)

1. Tell us about your most significant achievement at work and why it was impactful for you
2. Tell us about a time you have had to show determination and tenacity at work and what was the outcome
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2018, 15:48
Hi everyone! The video interview deadline - October 16, midnight, means October 16 11:59 PM PST? Correct?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2018, 15:52
juljul wrote:
Hi everyone! The video interview deadline - October 16, midnight, means October 16 11:59 PM PST? Correct?

Yes
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2018, 15:53
voldy wrote:
juljul wrote:

Yes

Thanks!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021! &nbs [#permalink] 15 Oct 2018, 15:53

Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap