GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Jun 2019, 22:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

new topic post reply Update application status  
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Multiple Decisions Reported  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2018, 15:30
Foster DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Admitted, 2 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:700 (Q48 V38), GPA: 3.3, Industry: Military & Defense, WE 72, heard via: phone
  • Admitted, 42 minutes ago, from Canada, GMAT:660, GPA: 3.4, Industry: Consulting, WE 60, heard via: phone
  • Admitted, 47 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:700 (Q45 V41), GPA: 3, Industry: Health Care, heard via: phone

UPDATE YOUR STATUS

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2018, 16:30
Foster DECISION TRACKER

• Denied, 8 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:710 (Q47 V40), GPA: 3.59, Industry: Computer Software, WE 78, heard via: email
  • Admitted, 11 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:700 (Q44 V41), Industry: Health Care, WE 60, heard via: email
  • Admitted, 26 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:700 (Q48 V38), GPA: 3.3, Industry: Consulting, WE 36, heard via: phone
  • Admitted, 28 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:710 (Q47 V41), GPA: 3.54, Industry: Consulting, WE 87, heard via: phone
  • Admitted, 55 minutes ago, from India, GMAT:730 (Q49 V40), Industry: Telecommunications, heard via: email

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
B
Schools: Foster '21 (A)
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.52
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2018, 19:28
Got in with Scholarship. Super excited :D
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.4
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2018, 22:51
Didn't get a call, but got an email overnight, I'm also in!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2018, 22:52
Same

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Section Director
V

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2018, 23:30
Foster DECISION TRACKER

• Admitted, 20 minutes ago, from India, GMAT:730 (Q47 V44), GPA: 4, Industry: Consulting, WE 70, heard via: email
  • Admitted, 37 minutes ago, from United Kingdom, GMAT:740 (Q49 V41), GPA: 3.4, Industry: Investment Banking, WE 80, heard via: email

UPDATE YOUR STATUS

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2018, 21:41
Hi Everyone,

We have created the following topic for admitted applicants.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... 84293.html
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2018, 20:13
Admitted to Foster, with a scholarship and partial Tuition Waiver. Got notified through email. Very excited!

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3.38
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2018, 08:46
Narenn wrote:

Foster Full Time MBA Application Process and Requirements

Online Application Profile

Essays
  • Two essays are required and must be uploaded to your online application. The optional essay allows you to tell us more about yourself or explain an area of potential concern.

• Essay 1: Post-MBA Plans (750 words maximum)
      Tell us your ideas about what lies ahead for you in your career. What are the gaps or deficiencies currently preventing you from pursuing these potential career paths? How do you plan to use your time in the Foster MBA program to fill these gaps and advance your career?
    • Essay 2: Inspiring Experience Essay (500 words maximum)
      Tell us about an experience that inspired or confirmed your decision to pursue the MBA.
    • Essay 3: Optional essay (500 words maximum)
      Include this essay if you have additional information you believe would be helpful to the admissions committee in considering your application.

Resume
  • Outline your work experience in reverse chronological order. Be sure to include company name, a brief description of the organization (or a web address), your job title, and detailed information about your responsibilities and achievements.
  • Feel free to use up to three pages for your resume, and include all significant work experience since graduating from high school. Include educational background as well as your activities and community involvement.

LORs
  • Two recommendation letters are required; however, you are permitted to submit up to three. Preferably, recommendations should be provided by professional contacts rather than academic or personal contacts. Designate your recommenders in your online application profile. Recommenders will receive an email directing them to the online recommendation form.

GMAT or GRE
  • Foster accepts GMAT and GRE scores.
  • All sub-scores and the Analytical Writing Assessment (AWA) score are evaluated.
  • Scores should indicate a strong aptitude for business studies.

Transcripts and GPA Reporting
  • You must have completed the equivalent of a four-year U.S. bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university to be considered for admission.
  • Consistency in achievement is considered, but more weight is given to the last two years of study and courses within your academic area of focus.
  • Required Format for All Transcripts: DO NOT send official transcripts to our office via mail. Scan copies of your original transcripts in PDF file format and upload them to the online application. Make sure to include any transcript keys that describe the institution’s grading scale.
  • Reporting your Grade Point Average: Applicants must submit GPA on a 4.0 scale. Pls follow the instructions given on application form to convert your GPA to 4.0 scale if your university was not on such a system.

Video Interview
  • The video interview must be submitted in order for the application to be reviewed.
  • You will receive an email within 3-4 business days after the application deadline with instructions on recording the video interview.
  • The video interview allows Foster team to get to know you better and to assess your communication skills and your ability to think on your feet as they review your application and consider your candidacy.

Are you saying that the 3-year bachelor degree in India is not eligible? I tried looking through their website too and they don't state this anywhere like other schools.
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.63
Reviews Badge
My Foster Review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2018, 12:44
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 2.79

Show Tags

New post 26 Dec 2018, 11:54
This question is to someone who completed his/her undergrad in India.

Did you apply with your GPA converted to a 4.0 scale? If yes, how did you convert it?
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Dec 2018, 21:14
Within the application, you have a free calculator where you need to give all your CGPAs and credits to convert it to 4 point scale. I guess the option is there when you click on help.

blackfish wrote:

Did you apply with your GPA converted to a 4.0 scale? If yes, how did you convert it?

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 2.79

Show Tags

New post 26 Dec 2018, 23:04
Yes, I see that. but my university's GPA is not in any of the calculators and none of the others are compatible.

PrashanthiShankar wrote:
Within the application, you have a free calculator where you need to give all your CGPAs and credits to convert it to 4 point scale. I guess the option is there when you click on help.

blackfish wrote:

Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Dec 2018, 23:35
I’m not sure then, I would suggest that you reach out to the admissions team. They respond pretty fast.

[quote="blackfish"]Yes, I see that. but my university's GPA is not in any of the calculators and none of the others are compatible.

[quote="PrashanthiShankar"]Within the application, you have a free calculator where you need to give all your CGPAs and credits to convert it to 4 point scale. I guess the option is there when you click on help.

[quote="blackfish"]This question is to someone who completed his/her undergrad in India.

Did you apply with your GPA converted to a 4.0 scale? If yes, how did you convert it?[/quote]

[size=80][b][i]Posted from my mobile device[/i][/b][/size][/quote][/quote]
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GPA: 3.23
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2019, 13:22
Hi,
Anyone from Round 2 received interview calls.

Thanks
Avijeet
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.79
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2019, 12:38
Just submitted application 3 days back. Wanted to know if there is any WhatsApp group for all applicants ?

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2019, 05:39
Has anyone received any update on Video interview for Foster's R2?
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.79
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2019, 06:06
s_akshansh wrote:

Nope. I guess the school will take more time to review all the applications. Hopefully, soon we will get to know the status.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GPA: 3.23
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2019, 10:31
Received video interview mail. All the best to all R2 applicants for the same.

Thanks
Avijeet
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V32
GPA: 3
Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 14 Jan 2019, 10:35
sanathadiga wrote:
s_akshansh wrote:

Nope. I guess the school will take more time to review all the applications. Hopefully, soon we will get to know the status.

I believe all applicants get a video interview/essay request

Originally posted by apwang on 14 Jan 2019, 10:35.
Last edited by apwang on 14 Jan 2019, 10:35, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Bot
Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!   [#permalink] 14 Jan 2019, 10:35

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10    Next  [ 195 posts ] 

Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

new topic post reply Update application status