Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 02:54 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 02:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10014 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 99 [5]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2019 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]
Hey. Did anyone record the video essay for Fisher application? What kind of questions does the school ask?
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 99 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2019 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]
Ritika Pahuja wrote:
Hey. Did anyone record the video essay for Fisher application? What kind of questions does the school ask?

This is a reference to last year's video q's so it may or may not apply, but expect basic behavioral interview questions. Tell me about a leadership experience, failed project, tough team, etc. Last year had a few video questions and a written question. From what I understand, not everyone gets the same questions, so don't rely on what you read or see on here to prepare something scripted.

Also, I am still available to answer any questions about life at Fisher, classes, [exciting changes], etc. Feel free to shoot me a pm and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
cxa0897 wrote:
Ritika Pahuja wrote:

This is a reference to last year's video q's so it may or may not apply, but expect basic behavioral interview questions. Tell me about a leadership experience, failed project, tough team, etc. Last year had a few video questions and a written question. From what I understand, not everyone gets the same questions, so don't rely on what you read or see on here to prepare something scripted.

Also, I am still available to answer any questions about life at Fisher, classes, [exciting changes], etc. Feel free to shoot me a pm and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Thanks a lot :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
GPA: 3.04
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
just got done with the video essays. Of all the schools I've applied, my responses on this one turned out the worst lol.
Hoping to get an invite, might be tough now lol
Intern
Intern
Send PM
TA89 wrote:
just got done with the video essays. Of all the schools I've applied, my responses on this one turned out the worst lol.

What questions were you asked?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Ritika Pahuja wrote:
TA89 wrote:

There were 4 questions:
1) Describe a time where you were overwhelmed or frustrated at work or school. What was your reaction? What was the outcome and what did you learn from it?
2) Describe a situation at school or work where you were doing things differently and sought out advice. What changed, how did you manage to work things in your favor and what was the response/outcome?
3) Written response: Describe an ethical issue that challenged you. How did you approach this challenge? Why was it difficult? What did you learn from this experience?
(This went pretty well since I had a story around this so it got done well.)
4) Tell us something interesting about yourself that we won't find anywhere else in the application. (This was pretty easy one but I fumbled and stammered. I could pitched this one better had I spoken slowly and clearly).

Best of luck to rest of the applicants !!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
TA89 wrote:
Ritika Pahuja wrote:
TA89 wrote:

There were 4 questions:
1) Describe a time where you were overwhelmed or frustrated at work or school. What was your reaction? What was the outcome and what did you learn from it?
2) Describe a situation at school or work where you were doing things differently and sought out advice. What changed, how did you manage to work things in your favor and what was the response/outcome?
3) Written response: Describe an ethical issue that challenged you. How did you approach this challenge? Why was it difficult? What did you learn from this experience?
4) Tell us something interesting about yourself that we won't find anywhere else in the application. (This was pretty easy one but I fumbled and stammered. I could pitched this one better had I spoken slowly and clearly).

Thank you :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
TA89 wrote:
Ritika Pahuja wrote:
TA89 wrote:

There were 4 questions:

Hi,

Could you tell me how much was the preparation time for the questions and what was your response for the second question.

Thanks,
Saransh
Manager
Manager
Send PM
1) 45 sec prep time 1.5 mins for answering
2) 45 sec prep time 1.5 mins for answering
3) 8 mins
4) 30 sec prep time 1 min for answering

For Q2, I gave an example of how I was leading a new team, so I micromanaged alot which came out highly unproductive. Decided to delegate tasks and enourage inputs for team members regardless of their expreince/position. This unified the team and we delievered the project on time. Not sure how this would help since it would vary person to person. For me, my response felt way to fake i guess.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
rejected without interview. those video interviews really have some weight I guess.
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [0]
Given Kudos: 641
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus (II)
Send PM
cxa0897 wrote:

Hi cxa0897

I hope you spent wonderful time in Fisher.

I would like to know about the [exciting changes] you mentioned above. I heard a lot of changes in Fisher's MBA. Could you elaborate?
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Does any current applicant would like to take ownership of this thread? @ritikaPahuja, TA89, anyone else? :)
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 99 [4]
Send PM
Kudos