Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 10:12 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 10:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.07
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Operations, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V31
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
Re: Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2019 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]
Kudos
My portal got updated again. In with a full ride + stipend via graduate assistantship :)

I was leaning towards UW-Madison but now have to strongly re-consider Fisher. Graduating without any debt would be amazing.....
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2019 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]
ihoop88 wrote:
My portal got updated again. In with a full ride + stipend via graduate assistantship :)

I was leaning towards UW-Madison but now have to strongly re-consider Fisher. Graduating without any debt would be amazing.....

Wow! That's a great offer, congrats! Attended the red carpet weekend on Saturday and it was a great time. Would be a great place to end up. I don't know much about Madison, but I presume you can't go wrong either way, and it's great to have that choice.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
ncheekonu wrote:
ihoop88 wrote:

Wow! That's a great offer, congrats! Attended the red carpet weekend on Saturday and it was a great time. Would be a great place to end up. I don't know much about Madison, but I presume you can't go wrong either way, and it's great to have that choice.

How was red carpet weekend? I wanted to attend but wasn't able to make it work with my schedule. Do you feel like you will end up at Fisher next fall? I know that program has a lot going for it right now.....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GRE 1: Q154 V153
GPA: 3.54
Send PM
Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ncheekonu wrote:
ihoop88 wrote:

It was definitely a good time! I was born & raised in Columbus, and attended Ohio St. for undergrad, and am still local (live a half hour walk from Gerlach Hall)... so it's a bit complicated. Staying home is a plus, but now's the time to expand my horizons if I'm going to make a geographical switch. The aid package makes it appealing definitely as well!

Once I get all my decisions back I'm going to have to sit down and make the call, but Fisher's definitely in the running! The curriculum redesign, it being home, and near another market I'd love to live in long term (Chicago) are all big benefits. We'll see!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ihoop88 wrote:
ncheekonu wrote:
ihoop88 wrote:

How was red carpet weekend? I wanted to attend but wasn't able to make it work with my schedule. Do you feel like you will end up at Fisher next fall? I know that program has a lot going for it right now.....

Oh and they live streamed it to the admitted students facebook group if you want to watch the sessions. I'm not sure the AV quality, but there were some good talks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: Q154 V159
WE:Marketing (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Just applied to Fisher after a very positive on-campus visit. What should I expect in terms of timing since it's rolling decisions? If they aren't interested in my profile, when do you believe I'll hear back regarding rejection?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
imlookingfortips wrote:
Just applied to Fisher after a very positive on-campus visit. What should I expect in terms of timing since it's rolling decisions? If they aren't interested in my profile, when do you believe I'll hear back regarding rejection?

As I stated upthread, they got my decision back very quickly--within a few weeks. However, they told me that was happening due to the upcoming red carpet weekend for admitted students; they wanted to give people as much time to register and make travel plans if needed.

Just keep an eye on the portal, I suppose. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: Q154 V159
WE:Marketing (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
ncheekonu wrote:
imlookingfortips wrote:

As I stated upthread, they got my decision back very quickly--within a few weeks. However, they told me that was happening due to the upcoming red carpet weekend for admitted students; they wanted to give people as much time to register and make travel plans if needed.

Thanks! How long was it when you got your video assessment link in your email?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
imlookingfortips wrote:
ncheekonu wrote:
imlookingfortips wrote:

Thanks! How long was it when you got your video assessment link in your email?

I got an email from Kira pretty much instantaneously according to my email history.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
ihoop88 wrote:

Got a call yesterday to (1) grant my request for an extension to the deposit deadline since I'm waiting on other schools, and (2) up my aid offer :shocked super exciting!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1264 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
imlookingfortips wrote:

As soon as your application gets completed, it gets into 'review'. Typically, it takes 3-4 weeks from then, however, on an average I would say that it will take 3 weeks.

PS: Sometimes, you do hear earlier than 3 weeks too.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1264 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
Prospective Fisher MBA's:

You might want to read this: https://fisher.osu.edu/blogs/gradlife/c ... -time-mba/ Covers latest blogs from OSU MBA Ambassadors! Definitely helps in understanding more about the school :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GPA: 3
Send PM
Hi all,
So I had my interview on 27th February. But the portal said that my application was under review only on march 7th (after they received my IELTS score).
I'm yet to hear from them. Do I still stand a chance for an admit? By when do they generally send the reject mail?

Thanks.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hi, can the video interview be submitted after the deadline?

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
GPA: 4
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
AvaniAlla wrote:
Hi, can the video interview be submitted after the deadline?

There was a separate deadline (2 weeks from the time you receive the link) for the video interview. I guess one should not submit after that. Although you can submit after the other type of deadline (i.e, scholarship and all). Hope that helps.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 2.79
Send PM
When do the classes begin? Or is there a date when the international students have to be present in the campus?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 2.79
Send PM
Any https://gmatclub.com/chat group for admitted students ?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts