GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Dec 2018, 01:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
2526272829301
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
303112345
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Purdue Krannert MBA Applicants:(2019 Intake) Class of 2021

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Aug 2013
Posts: 28
Location: United States (IN)
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V31
GPA: 3.4
Reviews Badge
Calling all Purdue Krannert MBA Applicants:(2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 07 Nov 2018, 02:20
Welcome to everyone applying to Purdue Krannert Full Time MBA Class of 2021.

Lets use this platform to collaborate, ask questions, discuss application strategies and share useful information for upcoming application cycle.

Add Krannert Program to your profile | Krannert Decision Tracker & Historical Admit Data


Originally posted by Ackingston on 08 Aug 2018, 10:17.
Last edited by Narenn on 07 Nov 2018, 02:20, edited 1 time in total.
Stats and links
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Aug 2013
Posts: 28
Location: United States (IN)
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V31
GPA: 3.4
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Purdue Krannert MBA Applicants:(2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2018, 09:40
1
Hi all - I'm a 1st year MBA student at Krannert and I'd be happy to answer any questions that you have about the program specifically, or any questions surrounding an MBA in general.
SVP
SVP
User avatar
D
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 1911
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Purdue Krannert MBA Applicants:(2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2018, 14:44
Ackingston wrote:
Hi all - I'm a 1st year MBA student at Krannert and I'd be happy to answer any questions that you have about the program specifically, or any questions surrounding an MBA in general.


Hi Ackingston

I hope you enjoy your study in Krannert. I have questions about admission and mode of study.

1- Do you remember the video essays that you faced?

2- How do you rate the career office?

3- Are Krannert generous with scholarships? I never hear a lot of it.
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Aug 2013
Posts: 28
Location: United States (IN)
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V31
GPA: 3.4
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Purdue Krannert MBA Applicants:(2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2018, 17:29
1
Mo2men wrote:
Ackingston wrote:
Hi all - I'm a 1st year MBA student at Krannert and I'd be happy to answer any questions that you have about the program specifically, or any questions surrounding an MBA in general.


Hi Ackingston

I hope you enjoy your study in Krannert. I have questions about admission and mode of study.

1- Do you remember the video essays that you faced?

2- How do you rate the career office?

3- Are Krannert generous with scholarships? I never hear a lot of it.


Hi Mo2men - I am really enjoying my time at Krannert thus far.

1. The questions are generated at random, so it's tough to say what exactly you would face. The good thing is that you can log into the Kira platform and practice answering questions ahead of time, which really does help.

2. The career coaches at Krannert (KPDC, as we call them) are honestly all really great. They are more than willing to help you prepare for interviews and go out of their way to introduce you to hiring professionals within their personal networks as well. That being said, if you are counting on career services to find you a job, you are coming to the wrong school. The job search is very much a "get out what you put in" process. There is a lot of work that goes into securing an internship and/or full-time employment and that's the case at all programs. You should start networking with individuals though LinkedIn and other platforms as soon as you make you decision on what school to attend.

3. Most of us in the class of 2020 are GAs and/or have scholarships, so I would say yes, they are generous. That being said, if you're looking at schools based on the chance of receiving funding rather than personal fit, you are doing yourself a disservice.

In any case, good luck with the application and please let me know should you have additional questions.
SVP
SVP
User avatar
D
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 1911
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Purdue Krannert MBA Applicants:(2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2018, 17:36
Ackingston wrote:

Hi Mo2men - I am really enjoying my time at Krannert thus far.

1. The questions are generated at random, so it's tough to say what exactly you would face. The good thing is that you can log into the Kira platform and practice answering questions ahead of time, which really does help.

2. The career coaches at Krannert (KPDC, as we call them) are honestly all really great. They are more than willing to help you prepare for interviews and go out of their way to introduce you to hiring professionals within their personal networks as well. That being said, if you are counting on career services to find you a job, you are coming to the wrong school. The job search is very much a "get out what you put in" process. There is a lot of work that goes into securing an internship and/or full-time employment and that's the case at all programs. You should start networking with individuals though LinkedIn and other platforms as soon as you make you decision on what school to attend.

3. Most of us in the class of 2020 are GAs and/or have scholarships, so I would say yes, they are generous. That being said, if you're looking at schools based on the chance of receiving funding rather than personal fit, you are doing yourself a disservice.

In any case, good luck with the application and please let me know should you have additional questions.


Thanks for your prompt reply :)

Do not worry I do not choose or build my choice based on scholarships. But it was not clear for me in Krannert.

What is GA? How does it work?

Again thanks
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Aug 2013
Posts: 28
Location: United States (IN)
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V31
GPA: 3.4
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Purdue Krannert MBA Applicants:(2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2018, 19:06
Mo2men wrote:
Ackingston wrote:

Hi Mo2men - I am really enjoying my time at Krannert thus far.

1. The questions are generated at random, so it's tough to say what exactly you would face. The good thing is that you can log into the Kira platform and practice answering questions ahead of time, which really does help.

2. The career coaches at Krannert (KPDC, as we call them) are honestly all really great. They are more than willing to help you prepare for interviews and go out of their way to introduce you to hiring professionals within their personal networks as well. That being said, if you are counting on career services to find you a job, you are coming to the wrong school. The job search is very much a "get out what you put in" process. There is a lot of work that goes into securing an internship and/or full-time employment and that's the case at all programs. You should start networking with individuals though LinkedIn and other platforms as soon as you make you decision on what school to attend.

3. Most of us in the class of 2020 are GAs and/or have scholarships, so I would say yes, they are generous. That being said, if you're looking at schools based on the chance of receiving funding rather than personal fit, you are doing yourself a disservice.

In any case, good luck with the application and please let me know should you have additional questions.


Thanks for your prompt reply :)

Do not worry I do not choose or build my choice based on scholarships. But it was not clear for me in Krannert.

What is GA? How does it work?

Again thanks


So a GA is a Graduate Assistantship. Essentially, as a GA, you would work 10 hours per week for the university in exchange for full or partial tuition PLUS a monthly stipend.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Aug 2018
Posts: 16
Location: India
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.75
Calling all Purdue applicants (class of 2021)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2018, 10:26
Did anyone receive an interview invite till now..?I have submitted my application on Nov. 6th But I haven’t heard from them yet.How long does it take them to process the application ?


Sent from my iPad using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Aug 2016
Posts: 11
Location: India
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.31
Calling all Purdue applicants (class of 2021)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2018, 12:30
Aditya: I have applied to Purdue last year, and received offer with heavy scholarship. Based on my experience, in general, you get response within 2-3 weeks after the deadline if your application phase did go well. Otherwise it is highly likely that your application did not go well. However, as this is the thanksgiving time, it might take some more time to process all early round applications. So, you can expect to hear from the admission committee before 1st week of December if your application passes through the 1st round.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Aug 2018
Posts: 16
Location: India
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.75
Re: Calling all Purdue applicants (class of 2021)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2018, 11:58
Is it mandatory to report official gmat scores to Purdue so that my application gets evaluated or can I send the scores later ..?As of now ,I have uploaded unofficial GMAT scores.


Sent from my iPad using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Aug 2016
Posts: 11
Location: India
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.31
Re: Calling all Purdue applicants (class of 2021)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2018, 16:29
Yes, you need to send the official GMAT score to the admission committee. Without it, your application won’t be reviewed.

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Aug 2013
Posts: 28
Location: United States (IN)
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V31
GPA: 3.4
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Purdue Krannert MBA Applicants:(2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Nov 2018, 09:02
Aditya66751 wrote:
Is it mandatory to report official gmat scores to Purdue so that my application gets evaluated or can I send the scores later ..?As of now ,I have uploaded unofficial GMAT scores.


Sent from my iPad using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


Yes, you do need official scores. Also, I spoke with a member of the adcom yesterday and some of them have upwards of 20 interviews scheduled this week alone, so do be patient if you haven’t yet received an invite. It will come. Good luck!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Mar 2017
Posts: 6
Location: India
Concentration: Operations, International Business
GMAT 1: 590 Q46 V26
GMAT 2: 690 Q46 V38
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Purdue Krannert MBA Applicants:(2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2018, 09:56
Admitted to Fall 2019.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Aug 2018
Posts: 16
Location: India
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.75
Re: Calling all Purdue Krannert MBA Applicants?2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2018, 09:59
When was your interview ?Do they provide scholarships information at the same time ,I mean along with admit ?


Sent from my iPad using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
SVP
SVP
User avatar
D
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 1911
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Purdue Krannert MBA Applicants:(2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2018, 09:59
MathewsOommen wrote:
Admitted to Fall 2019.

Posted from my mobile device


Congrats :)

Have you got any scholarship ?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Mar 2017
Posts: 6
Location: India
Concentration: Operations, International Business
GMAT 1: 590 Q46 V26
GMAT 2: 690 Q46 V38
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Purdue Krannert MBA Applicants:(2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2018, 10:01
Mo2men wrote:
MathewsOommen wrote:
Admitted to Fall 2019.

Posted from my mobile device


Congrats :)

Have you got any scholarship ?


I did not receive any information about that. Do we get those details with the offer or separate?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Aug 2018
Posts: 16
Location: India
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.75
Re: Calling all Purdue Krannert MBA Applicants:(2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2018, 10:03
MathewsOommen wrote:
Mo2men wrote:
MathewsOommen wrote:
Admitted to Fall 2019.

Posted from my mobile device


Congrats :)

Have you got any scholarship ?


I did not receive any information about that. Do we get those details with the offer or separate?

When was your interview?
SVP
SVP
User avatar
D
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 1911
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Calling all Purdue Krannert MBA Applicants:(2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2018, 10:04
MathewsOommen wrote:

I did not receive any information about that. Do we get those details with the offer or separate?


I believe they report it in same day. You may ask adcom. it won't hurt.

I plan to apply in Jan.
SVP
SVP
User avatar
D
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 1911
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Purdue Krannert MBA Applicants:(2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2018, 10:07
MathewsOommen wrote:
Mo2men wrote:
MathewsOommen wrote:
Admitted to Fall 2019.

Posted from my mobile device


Congrats :)

Have you got any scholarship ?


I did not receive any information about that. Do we get those details with the offer or separate?



Can you update the Interview Debriefs. It will help the applicants during interviews.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Mar 2017
Posts: 6
Location: India
Concentration: Operations, International Business
GMAT 1: 590 Q46 V26
GMAT 2: 690 Q46 V38
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Purdue Krannert MBA Applicants:(2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2018, 10:08
Interview was on Nov 30th

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Mar 2017
Posts: 6
Location: India
Concentration: Operations, International Business
GMAT 1: 590 Q46 V26
GMAT 2: 690 Q46 V38
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Purdue Krannert MBA Applicants:(2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2018, 10:10
I will definitely post a debrief. Also, you may always get in touch with me. I'll be happy to help.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Purdue Krannert MBA Applicants:(2019 Intake) Class of 2021 &nbs [#permalink] 11 Dec 2018, 10:10

Go to page    1   2    Next  [ 25 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Purdue Krannert MBA Applicants:(2019 Intake) Class of 2021

  new topic post reply Update application status  


Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.