Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:04 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V31
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Send PM
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [0]
Given Kudos: 641
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus (II)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Purdue Krannert MBA Applicants:(2019 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]
Kudos
Mo2men wrote:
Ackingston wrote:
Hi all - I'm a 1st year MBA student at Krannert and I'd be happy to answer any questions that you have about the program specifically, or any questions surrounding an MBA in general.

Hi Ackingston

I hope you enjoy your study in Krannert. I have questions about admission and mode of study.

1- Do you remember the video essays that you faced?

2- How do you rate the career office?

3- Are Krannert generous with scholarships? I never hear a lot of it.

Hi Mo2men - I am really enjoying my time at Krannert thus far.

1. The questions are generated at random, so it's tough to say what exactly you would face. The good thing is that you can log into the Kira platform and practice answering questions ahead of time, which really does help.

2. The career coaches at Krannert (KPDC, as we call them) are honestly all really great. They are more than willing to help you prepare for interviews and go out of their way to introduce you to hiring professionals within their personal networks as well. That being said, if you are counting on career services to find you a job, you are coming to the wrong school. The job search is very much a "get out what you put in" process. There is a lot of work that goes into securing an internship and/or full-time employment and that's the case at all programs. You should start networking with individuals though LinkedIn and other platforms as soon as you make you decision on what school to attend.

3. Most of us in the class of 2020 are GAs and/or have scholarships, so I would say yes, they are generous. That being said, if you're looking at schools based on the chance of receiving funding rather than personal fit, you are doing yourself a disservice.

In any case, good luck with the application and please let me know should you have additional questions.
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Send PM
Re: Calling all Purdue Krannert MBA Applicants:(2019 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]
Ackingston wrote:

1. The questions are generated at random, so it's tough to say what exactly you would face. The good thing is that you can log into the Kira platform and practice answering questions ahead of time, which really does help.

2. The career coaches at Krannert (KPDC, as we call them) are honestly all really great. They are more than willing to help you prepare for interviews and go out of their way to introduce you to hiring professionals within their personal networks as well. That being said, if you are counting on career services to find you a job, you are coming to the wrong school. The job search is very much a "get out what you put in" process. There is a lot of work that goes into securing an internship and/or full-time employment and that's the case at all programs. You should start networking with individuals though LinkedIn and other platforms as soon as you make you decision on what school to attend.

3. Most of us in the class of 2020 are GAs and/or have scholarships, so I would say yes, they are generous. That being said, if you're looking at schools based on the chance of receiving funding rather than personal fit, you are doing yourself a disservice.

In any case, good luck with the application and please let me know should you have additional questions.

Thanks for your prompt reply :)

Do not worry I do not choose or build my choice based on scholarships. But it was not clear for me in Krannert.

What is GA? How does it work?

Again thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Mo2men wrote:
Ackingston wrote:

Thanks for your prompt reply :)

Do not worry I do not choose or build my choice based on scholarships. But it was not clear for me in Krannert.

What is GA? How does it work?

Again thanks

So a GA is a Graduate Assistantship. Essentially, as a GA, you would work 10 hours per week for the university in exchange for full or partial tuition PLUS a monthly stipend.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Did anyone receive an interview invite till now..?I have submitted my application on Nov. 6th But I haven’t heard from them yet.How long does it take them to process the application ?

Sent from my iPad using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
Aditya: I have applied to Purdue last year, and received offer with heavy scholarship. Based on my experience, in general, you get response within 2-3 weeks after the deadline if your application phase did go well. Otherwise it is highly likely that your application did not go well. However, as this is the thanksgiving time, it might take some more time to process all early round applications. So, you can expect to hear from the admission committee before 1st week of December if your application passes through the 1st round.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Is it mandatory to report official gmat scores to Purdue so that my application gets evaluated or can I send the scores later ..?As of now ,I have uploaded unofficial GMAT scores.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
Yes, you need to send the official GMAT score to the admission committee. Without it, your application won’t be reviewed.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Aditya66751 wrote:
Is it mandatory to report official gmat scores to Purdue so that my application gets evaluated or can I send the scores later ..?As of now ,I have uploaded unofficial GMAT scores.

Yes, you do need official scores. Also, I spoke with a member of the adcom yesterday and some of them have upwards of 20 interviews scheduled this week alone, so do be patient if you haven’t yet received an invite. It will come. Good luck!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Operations, International Business
GMAT 1: 590 Q46 V26
GMAT 2: 690 Q46 V38
GPA: 3.5
WE:Information Technology (Other)
Send PM
Admitted to Fall 2019.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
When was your interview ?Do they provide scholarships information at the same time ,I mean along with admit ?

RSM Erasmus Moderator
Send PM
MathewsOommen wrote:
Admitted to Fall 2019.

Congrats :)

Have you got any scholarship ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Mo2men wrote:
MathewsOommen wrote:
Admitted to Fall 2019.

I did not receive any information about that. Do we get those details with the offer or separate?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MathewsOommen wrote:
Mo2men wrote:
MathewsOommen wrote:
Admitted to Fall 2019.

I did not receive any information about that. Do we get those details with the offer or separate?

When was your interview?
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Send PM
MathewsOommen wrote:

I believe they report it in same day. You may ask adcom. it won't hurt.

I plan to apply in Jan.
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Send PM
MathewsOommen wrote:
Mo2men wrote:
MathewsOommen wrote:
Admitted to Fall 2019.

Can you update the Interview Debriefs. It will help the applicants during interviews.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Interview was on Nov 30th

Intern
Intern
Send PM
I will definitely post a debrief. Also, you may always get in touch with me. I'll be happy to help.

GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts