GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Mar 2019, 22:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Purdue Krannert MBA Applicants:(2019 Intake) Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V31
GPA: 3.4
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Purdue Krannert MBA Applicants:(2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2019, 18:53
Hatakekakashi wrote:
I just got done with my interview (35 mins overall) . Mr. John Gibson took my interview. He's the Associate Director of Admissions - Krannert Graduate School of Management

We exchanged pleasantries for 5 mins. He explained that this would be the last step in the admission process

Questions -
Tell me about yourself
Why mba? Why now?
Why Krannert?
Any other schools you've applied to?
Short term goals - mentioned some companies in the essays and asked where do you see yourself in 2 years
What inspires you to wake up and do what you do
What did you learn about yourself while leading a team
how would your team describe you
what are you most proud of

Questions for me - asked - he replied and we discussed on the same for about 5 mins.

He was very friendly, the interview was really conversational - may be the best I've had in a while. He mentioned that in two weeks I would be notified about my decision and asked me to shoot a mail if I needed to know something else. I mentioned how GmatClub helped me understand about Purdue better.

PS - positive about this :)

Regards,
HK

This is great feedback, HK. I’m sure this debrief will help many many aspiring MBAs on this platform. It sounds like everything went well, so rest assured you have nothing to worry about. Good luck to all of you in this process. I hope to see everyone in West Lafayette this fall.

Posted from my mobile device
BSchool Forum Moderator
P
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Purdue Krannert MBA Applicants:(2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2019, 21:24
Ackingston wrote:
Hatakekakashi wrote:
I just got done with my interview (35 mins overall) . Mr. John Gibson took my interview. He's the Associate Director of Admissions - Krannert Graduate School of Management

We exchanged pleasantries for 5 mins. He explained that this would be the last step in the admission process

Questions -
Tell me about yourself
Why mba? Why now?
Why Krannert?
Any other schools you've applied to?
Short term goals - mentioned some companies in the essays and asked where do you see yourself in 2 years
What inspires you to wake up and do what you do
What did you learn about yourself while leading a team
how would your team describe you
what are you most proud of

Questions for me - asked - he replied and we discussed on the same for about 5 mins.

He was very friendly, the interview was really conversational - may be the best I've had in a while. He mentioned that in two weeks I would be notified about my decision and asked me to shoot a mail if I needed to know something else. I mentioned how GmatClub helped me understand about Purdue better.

PS - positive about this :)

Regards,
HK

This is great feedback, HK. I’m sure this debrief will help many many aspiring MBAs on this platform. It sounds like everything went well, so rest assured you have nothing to worry about. Good luck to all of you in this process. I hope to see everyone in West Lafayette this fall.

Hey thanks. I mentioned your name in the interview. Thanks for being a POC. I earlier contacted you regarding the cost of the program (Full time MBA) for an International student. Any leads on this?

Also in the cost calculator - what are the different meal plans? How is the on campus accomodation?
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.79
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2019, 05:54
A new Krannert Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/krannert-purdue-236/interview_debrief.html#debrief-885
BSchool Forum Moderator
P
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2019, 06:51
sanathadiga wrote:
A new Krannert Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/krannert-purdue-236/interview_debrief.html#debrief-885

Hey, were you informed that the result will be out in a week?
At the end of my interview, I was told that the decision might take two weeks to come

Regards,
HK
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2019, 06:59
Hatakekakashi wrote:
sanathadiga wrote:

Hey, were you informed that the result will be out in a week?
At the end of my interview, I was told that the decision might take two weeks to come

Regards,
HK

I was 2 weeks too. But git the result a week earlier. Still, haven't received the scholarship details.
BSchool Forum Moderator
P
Reviews Badge
Calling all Purdue Krannert MBA Applicants:(2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2019, 07:02
sanathadiga

Mr. John was saying that from Mid Jan to Mid feb the admits are being reviewed now for schol and will be sent in the next 2-3 days. In case you get the admit then we would evaluate you next month this time and you will get the related details. So be hopeful. This week it is :)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2019, 09:16
hello!

I have admit in purdue. in the mail ,there is no mention of scholarship, could anyone tell me how can i find out that whether any scholarship is given to me or not ?
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2019, 09:44
shashipingolia wrote:
hello!

I have admit in purdue. in the mail ,there is no mention of scholarship, could anyone tell me how can i find out that whether any scholarship is given to me or not ?

Congrats.. The scholarship email comes on a separate email. I am waiting for it from almost 3 weeks now.

Please join this , all admitted students

https://chat.whatsapp.com/LusfqxJAUvC50BSDqwQydl

BSchool Forum Moderator
P
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2019, 09:58
Do all students recieve scholarships?

BSchool Forum Moderator
P
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2019, 07:24
Guys just got offered admission to Purdue krannert :)

My first admit of the season and I feel fantastic :D

Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Operations, Technology

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2019, 07:30
Hatakekakashi wrote:

Congrats, my friend!!
SVP
SVP
D
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2019, 07:36
Hatakekakashi wrote:

Congrats my friend :clap: :fingers_crossed:

Any scholarships??

What other school do you wait for too?
BSchool Forum Moderator
P
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2019, 07:50
Hey the schol mail will come later. I have some interviews so I am hoping the same :)

Notre dame results out next month

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2019, 12:19
I also got admitted to Purdue this morning, so excited! :-D They didn't provide a time that we need to accept by, will we receive more information on that?
BSchool Forum Moderator
P
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2019, 12:35
Lovestar wrote:
I also got admitted to Purdue this morning, so excited! :-D They didn't provide a time that we need to accept by, will we receive more information on that?

Likewise :D

I mailed Mr Nick Rambo and he said that April 15th was the deadline

Regards
HK

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Organizational Behavior, Human Resources
Schools: Krannert '21 (A)
GPA: 3.54

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2019, 23:36
Hello,

Purdue has dropped to #74 in new US News MBA rankings. :(

It also shows placement to be at 59.4%. What do you all think?
BSchool Forum Moderator
P
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2019, 01:05
kptg wrote:
Hello,

The % is during graduation. Purdue def has to be a backup for an MBA and less likely a target. Rankings have to be taken with a pinch of salt.
I believe within 3 months of graduation the % will definitely increase

More than the rankings the best source of info comes from current students/ alum
get in touch with them
SVP
SVP
D
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2019, 04:20
Hatakekakashi wrote:
kptg wrote:
Hello,

The % is during graduation. Purdue def has to be a backup for an MBA and less likely a target. Rankings have to be taken with a pinch of salt.
I believe within 3 months of graduation the % will definitely increase

More than the rankings the best source of info comes from current students/ alum
get in touch with them

Hi Hatakekakashi

I do not want to be pessimistic. But along the years, Krannert was not transparent for internationals. If you pay close look, you will find that they use percentage of domestic is 94%. The career report is not that transparent. For example, WP Carey career reported same number (59%) after graduation but the number was as high as 90% after months. So, It was clear. This is what I hope to see in Krannert.
BSchool Forum Moderator
P
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2019, 04:27
Mo2men wrote:
I do not want to be pessimistic. But along the years, Krannert was not transparent for internationals. If you pay close look, you will find that they use percentage of domestic is 94%. The career report is not that transparent. For example, WP Carey career reported same number (59%) after graduation but the number was as high as 90% after months. So, It was clear. This is what I hope to see in Krannert.

Alright. That is one way to look at things for sure. I am just worried about the post MBA opportunities for students
SVP
SVP
D
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2019, 04:34
Hatakekakashi wrote:
Mo2men wrote:

Alright. That is one way to look at things for sure. I am just worried about the post MBA opportunities for students

What is your dream job after graduation?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Purdue Krannert MBA Applicants:(2019 Intake) Class of 2021   [#permalink] 12 Mar 2019, 04:34

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7    Next  [ 129 posts ] 

Calling all Purdue Krannert MBA Applicants:(2019 Intake) Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap