GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Jun 2019, 22:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Purdue Krannert MBA Applicants:(2019 Intake) Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  
SVP
SVP
V
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Purdue Krannert MBA Applicants:(2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2019, 05:04
Tusmat wrote:
Can someone please tell me if the KIRA Video essay/interview is part of the Krannert application and needs to be submitted before the deadline. Or can it be extended as per rules ?

Posted from my mobile device

Review below link. Kira is part of the application.

https://krannert.purdue.edu/masters/adm ... l/home.php
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Operations, Technology
Re: Calling all Purdue Krannert MBA Applicants:(2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2019, 07:50
Mo2men wrote:
Really it is highly debatable. It depends on may issues.

Ha many years of experience do you have?

Why did you take this year off? What did you do? something interesting, travel....etc

I have about 7 years of work experience. The time off was due to many diff things. I did travel.

Now I'm in a dilemma if I need to explain it or not. I just want to submit the application before the deadline.
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.79
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2019, 07:55
nkumar11 wrote:
Mo2men wrote:

Why did you take this year off? What did you do? something interesting, travel....etc

I have about 7 years of work experience. The time off was due to many diff things. I did travel.

Now I'm in a dilemma if I need to explain it or not. I just want to submit the application before the deadline.

If you feel it needs an explanation, You can explain it on the optional essay I guess. The video essay needs to be submitted along with the application. It is actually not that tough. There are times when an odd question do come by, but I think it's manageable.

SVP
SVP
V
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2019, 08:15
nkumar11 wrote:
Mo2men wrote:

You have good experience. I assume it is continuing without gaps. I think if you had this year after years of work, here the problem starts. But after graduation, it is not big deal, you may have spent the year searching for job as economy was not good, which happens to many people around the world. However, of the this year was turning point in your life and affected you in an certain way, then do not hesitate to show case.

P.S. GMAt club has added a new section for Kira essays questions from different schools. You may want to practice them. At the end, you may face same theme with different phrasing.
https://gmatclub.com/forum/compilation- ... 86246.html
Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.84
WE: Operations (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2019, 00:11
Hi,
The application form contains a question about faculty with whom you would like to study. I don't know any faculty there. Any advice?
Would it be advantageous to write faculty members?
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.79
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2019, 00:32
Mick1005 wrote:
Hi,
The application form contains a question about faculty with whom you would like to study. I don't know any faculty there. Any advice?

I don't remember seeing such question. Can you share the screenshot.

Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2019, 00:37
It is under additional information tab.
SVP
SVP
V
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2019, 00:42
Mick1005 wrote:
Hi,

Some alumni of Krannert maybe familiar with their professors. If you know a professor from his publications, books, it would be nice. If you do not know any professor in particular, so do not put it. The professors are not celebrities. :-D

good luck
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2019, 01:16
Mo2men wrote:
Mick1005 wrote:
Hi,

Some alumni of Krannert maybe familiar with their professors. If you know a professor from his publications, books, it would be nice. If you do not know any professor in particular, so do not put it. The professors are not celebrities. :-D

good luck

In addition to Mo2Men's advice, I would suggest speaking with current students as well. When you mention any professor in that section, next obvious question would be how you know him/her and when you refer your conversation with current student/alumni in your answer, it indicates that you have done good research about the school prior to applying.
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2019, 00:19
How many video Essay questions are there and are there any sample questions?
Manager
Manager
B
Calling all Purdue Krannert MBA Applicants:(2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2019, 03:53
Submitted my application a couple hours ago. The checklist that appears after submitting the application shows my TOEFL Score as not received. My TOEFL account shows that the scores were sent to Purdue on Dec 13th. Did anyone else face this issue?

Also, any tips for the KIRA interview? I will be taking mine in a few hours.
Retired Moderator
P
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2019, 04:44
Ackingston wrote:
Hi HK,

I’ll work on building out a total cost for you this week.
Best,
Alex

Any leads on this?
SVP
SVP
V
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Calling all Purdue Krannert MBA Applicants:(2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2019, 06:10
nkumar11 wrote:
Submitted my application a couple hours ago. The checklist that appears after submitting the application shows my TOEFL Score as not received. My TOEFL account shows that the scores were sent to Purdue on Dec 13th. Did anyone else face this issue?

Also, any tips for the KIRA interview? I will be taking mine in a few hours.

Hi
Good luck. You can review the following new link for Kira

https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... s#p2207982

It will be helpful any way as it will make you train on mnay questions.All schools will tweak the question for same themes.
Retired Moderator
P
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2019, 07:09
How important is the kira assesment. I was asked five questions and i feel like i've messed up atleast two. ( mild pauses involved, repeating words etc)

I don't feel great now but I hope I make the cut

Regards,
HK
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2019, 07:21
Hatakekakashi wrote:
How important is the kira assesment. I was asked five questions and i feel like i've messed up atleast two. ( mild pauses involved, repeating words etc)

Regards,
HK

What questions were you asked? I think pauses should not be a problem as you're thinking while you're answering.
Retired Moderator
P
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2019, 07:30
nkumar11 wrote:
Hatakekakashi wrote:

Regards,
HK

What questions were you asked? I think pauses should not be a problem as you're thinking while you're answering.

haven't noted them down to the exact word but they are as follows

1) what makes a group sucessful
2) how to lead a dsyfunctional group
3) what is one thing you would change about modern business strategy
4) how will your past experiences help in a rigorous MBA
5) what are the skills of a good problem solver

I paused but I am not sure , I feel bad
SVP
SVP
V
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2019, 07:42
Hatakekakashi wrote:

Regards,
HK

Hi Hatakekakashi

I hope you are well. Do not feel bad at all. I know why people think about pauses. Most internationals tend to treat it as the speaking section in TOEFL. adcom focuses on the content of the response and how you tackled the question. I know many had the same but accepted and got offers.

Good luck my friend.
Retired Moderator
P
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2019, 07:48
Mo2men wrote:
Hatakekakashi wrote:

Regards,
HK

Hi Hatakekakashi

I hope you are well. Do not feel bad at all. I know why people think about pauses. Most internationals tend to treat it as the speaking section in TOEFL. adcom focuses on the content of the response and how you tackled the question. I know many had the same but accepted and got offers.

Good luck my friend.

Hey there,

Nice to see you active on the forum.
I have a 30 on the speaking in the toefl and I don't feel anything like it. I was baffled by the questions and lacked flow may be? I hope I didn't underperform and had good content

Your words definetly make me feel better. Thanks friend

Regards,
Hk

Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2019, 08:33
Hatakekakashi wrote:
nkumar11 wrote:
Hatakekakashi wrote:

Regards,
HK

haven't noted them down to the exact word but they are as follows

1) what makes a group sucessful
2) how to lead a dsyfunctional group
3) what is one thing you would change about modern business strategy
4) how will your past experiences help in a rigorous MBA
5) what are the skills of a good problem solver

I paused but I am not sure , I feel bad

How much time do you get between each question?
Retired Moderator
P
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2019, 08:51
[quote="Mick1005"]

30 seconds to prepare
1 min to answer

Time between each question depends on you

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Purdue Krannert MBA Applicants:(2019 Intake) Class of 2021   [#permalink] 15 Jan 2019, 08:51

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7    Next  [ 133 posts ] 

Calling all Purdue Krannert MBA Applicants:(2019 Intake) Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status