Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 05:50 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 05:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [4]
Given Kudos: 93
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
WE:General Management (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72898 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [1]
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10017 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Re: Calling Simon (Rochester) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake (Class of 2021) [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
sushforgmat wrote:
Appreciate your help bb . I also wanted to create a thread for Simon 2019 applicants so thought of starting of a new topic.

Let's make it an official discussion thread for Simon class of 2021. I've added stats table in the top post. Will add deadlines, and few other links this weekend.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling Simon (Rochester) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake (Class of 2021) [#permalink]
Narenn wrote:
sushforgmat wrote:
Appreciate your help bb . I also wanted to create a thread for Simon 2019 applicants so thought of starting of a new topic.

Let's make it an official discussion thread for Simon class of 2021. I've added stats table in the top post. Will add deadlines, and few other links this weekend.

Cool. Thanks Narenn
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 239 [0]
Given Kudos: 330
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Send PM
Hello everyone?

Does anyone have the essay questions for University of Rochester, Simon Business School? Both mandatory and optional ones?
Also, if anyone have an idea about the average GMAT of 2018 intake?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Send PM
siddreal wrote:
Hello everyone?

Does anyone have the essay questions for University of Rochester, Simon Business School? Both mandatory and optional ones?

Hey siddreal Simon hasn't released their incoming class profile of 2018 yet. I remember one of their admissions team member mentioning (in one of their recent webinars) about the class profile being released in Oct or Nov. Will update here if that is out.

If it helps, 610 - 710 was their Middle 80% GMAT score of 2017 intake as per their website. You can check other numbers as well on their website.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 239 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
sushforgmat wrote:
siddreal wrote:
Hello everyone?

Hey siddreal Simon hasn't released their incoming class profile of 2018 yet. I remember one of their admissions team member mentioning (in one of their recent webinars) about the class profile being released in Oct or Nov. Will update here if that is out.

If it helps, 610 - 710 was their Middle 80% GMAT score of 2017 intake as per their website. You can check other numbers as well on their website.

Thank you.
Also, I found the Essay Questions for this year, they are:
* Simon Business School
Essay 1 (Required): In 250-500 words total, respond to the following prompts:
-Describe your short-term and long-term goals for post-MBA or post-MS.
-Given the fluctuation of economic and industry hiring trends, identify a back-up plan should your short-term goal not be immediately attainable.
-How does your past education and experience support your career objectives?
-Lastly, what aspects of your intended Simon Business School program make it a good choice for your graduate study?*
Essay 2 (Required): In 25 words or less, provide us with an interesting fact about yourself not expressed elsewhere in your application. (25 word limit)*
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GRE 1: Q167 V151
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
I submitted on 15/10 and got an interview invitation on 18/10. Has anyone conducted an interview with Simon admission team? Can you share your experience?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V33
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
iceflower wrote:
I submitted on 15/10 and got an interview invitation on 18/10. Has anyone conducted an interview with Simon admission team? Can you share your experience?

What's your profile like (GMAT scores, work experience years)? I got an interview invite last year. Its almost similar to every other B-school. Aspirations, motivations for applying, work experiences, strength, weakness etc
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10017 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
stressed wrote:
iceflower wrote:

What's your profile like (GMAT scores, work experience years)? I got an interview invite last year. Its almost similar to every other B-school. Aspirations, motivations for applying, work experiences, strength, weakness etc

It seems you got in to Simon last year. Wondering whether you accepted their offer.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V33
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
No, I could not. But have reapplied this year, haven't received an interview invite yet.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
iceflower wrote:

Hi, my interview is scheduled for 26/10, can you share your interview experience?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
GRE 1: Q167 V151
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Kudos
BZainab77 wrote:
iceflower wrote:

Hi, my interview is scheduled for 26/10, can you share your interview experience?

The interview lasted for 30 mins. My suggestion is that you should dress professionally, prepare well. The questions were nothing new. Why MBA, why Simon, your strength and what you want to know about Simon. Know your CV well since they will ask about your academic background and work experience.

Good luck everyone!
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10017 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
iceflower wrote:
BZainab77 wrote:
iceflower wrote:

The interview lasted for 30 mins. My suggestion is that you should dress professionally, prepare well. The questions were nothing new. Why MBA, why Simon, your strength and what you want to know about Simon. Know your CV well since they will ask about your academic background and work experience.

Good luck everyone!

Thanks very much! Could you kindly share this on interview debriefs section too? Thank you! https://gmatclub.com/forum/simon-roches ... brief.html
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 525 [0]
Given Kudos: 76
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GPA: 4
WE:Engineering (Consulting)
Send PM
stressed wrote:
No, I could not. But have reapplied this year, haven't received an interview invite yet.

Hey in last years thread you mentioned you received the admit.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... 39-40.html
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8833 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
gauravraos wrote:
stressed wrote:

Hey in last years thread you mentioned you received the admit.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... 39-40.html

gauravraos

From the conversation above, stressed received the admit but couldn't accept the offer. So, he reapplied this year.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hello people,

I submitted my application in Round 1 and awaiting updates from the school. Did anyone receive any info from school lately?
Any invites or admits?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
Send PM
Received an interview invite today. They have invited for an in-person interview scheduled in Mumbai.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Arunima Sarkar wrote:
Received an interview invite today. They have invited for an in-person interview scheduled in Mumbai.

Posted from my mobile device

In-person?
Any idea whether alums or Adcoms will conduct the interview?
Are you from Mumbai? I ask so coz they invited you to Mumbai!!

Congrats by the way. :thumbup:
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts