It is currently 17 Oct 2017, 19:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Queen's MBA Class of 2019 (Jan 2018 Intake)- Calling all applicants!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Queens MBA Thread Master
B

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
WE: Analyst (Energy and Utilities)
Queen's MBA Class of 2019 (Jan 2018 Intake)- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2017, 18:45
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Are you applying to Queen's MBA program for the January 2018 intake? This thread is for you!

Application discussions, network building, interview experience, and admission tips are encouraged.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V35
GPA: 2.65
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Queen's MBA Class of 2019 (Jan 2018 Intake)- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2017, 19:56
I have initiated my application at Queen's for 2018 intake. Already submitted cover letter and done video essays.

I am waiting for my transcripts and my third recommendation : Unfortunately both are out of my control.

Will be happy to help anyone regarding the application to the best of my knowledge and capacity.

Queens MBA Thread Master
B

Re: Queen's MBA Class of 2019 (Jan 2018 Intake)- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2017, 20:30
As for myself, I've completed my application and am waiting to hear back about an interview. I studied Finance in my undergrad and have 5 years of post graduate experience, working in the corporate Oil & Gas world. From my experience working with Queen's MBA's, their graduates add value to their projects and are skilled at building influence within their area's of expertise.

I will post an update as my application progresses. I'm hoping to hear about an interview next week.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 31

Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Alberta"19 (A)
GMAT 1: 510 Q42 V20
GMAT 2: 570 Q40 V28
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2017, 08:45
Thanks for the new thread... What were the video questions? MBABoss and gautamsinha....
to whom you people are dealing as ur application partner? I am in contact with jerieme....hoping to submit my application by early march...

If someone can do it.....
Why not can I???

GMAT Clubbers,,,this can be a much better place if we opt for a usual Thanksgiving and Goodwill gesture by endorsing Kudos!!! :)
So, +1 here if you like my posts....

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2017, 08:54
saadharis wrote:
Thanks for the new thread... What were the video questions? MBABoss and gautamsinha....
to whom you people are dealing as ur application partner? I am in contact with jerieme....hoping to submit my application by early march...

The questions were behavioral in nature. You will be given 30 - 45 seconds to think and respond. These questions can be done without any prior preparation. But after doing the interview, I felt that I could have done it far better if I would have practiced more in front of the mirror.

Try to structure your response and try to finish the response in the time provided. You will get practice questions before the real interview. Practice as much as you can and be prepared for the original ones !

My application adviser is Karen.

P.S : I have intentionally refrained to mention the questions here as I think it would be a violation of the code of conduct and it would be ethically wrong.

Intern
Intern
B

Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Alberta"19 (A)
GMAT 1: 510 Q42 V20
GMAT 2: 570 Q40 V28
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2017, 09:03
oh okay,,, thanks for the prompt response gautamsinha....
hoe much time is available to practice with the prac Q's before the real intvw?
no worries man, pray for the good...
i will pm you once i submit my app....

If someone can do it.....
Why not can I???

GMAT Clubbers,,,this can be a much better place if we opt for a usual Thanksgiving and Goodwill gesture by endorsing Kudos!!! :)
So, +1 here if you like my posts....

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 2 [1], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2017, 09:09
This post received
KUDOS
saadharis wrote:
oh okay,,, thanks for the prompt response gautamsinha....
hoe much time is available to practice with the prac Q's before the real intvw?
no worries man, pray for the good...
i will pm you once i submit my app....

You can practice for any number of times for any number of hours. No limits !!.. Be comfortable with answering the questions while looking in to the camera !

Kudos [?]: 2 [1], given: 1

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 88 [0], given: 4

Schools: Schulich '16

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2017, 11:24
Hi ,

i have a quick question.

Is queens good for career switch.What do you think?

Queens MBA Thread Master
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2017, 11:59
hsbinfy wrote:
Hi ,

i have a quick question.

I think it depends a lot on your current experience, and the direction you want to go. Queen's makes excellent managers and my impression is that the MBA has a lot of focus on strategy. You could use it as a way to pivot from your current role, but your past experience counts. If your looking to step into a specialized career, you may want to look at programs that will open doors to that industry, or look at where the faculty come from, and try to make connections once admitted.

Overall I think Queen's is a great school with a great reputation.

Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2017, 12:13
MBABoss wrote:
hsbinfy wrote:
Hi ,

i have a quick question.

I think it depends a lot on your current experience, and the direction you want to go. Queen's makes excellent managers and my impression is that the MBA has a lot of focus on strategy. You could use it as a way to pivot from your current role, but your past experience counts. If your looking to step into a specialized career, you may want to look at programs that will open doors to that industry, or look at where the faculty come from, and try to make connections once admitted.

Hope that helps!

thanks for the reply.
in the application process is interview a part of it.
or after reviewing the cover letter and recommendation they send interview invite?

-Harpreet

Queens MBA Thread Master
B

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2017, 11:01
hsbinfy wrote:
MBABoss wrote:
hsbinfy wrote:
Hi ,

i have a quick question.

Hope that helps!

thanks for the reply.
in the application process is interview a part of it.
or after reviewing the cover letter and recommendation they send interview invite?

-Harpreet

I believe after your application package has been submitted and reviewed, they will send out interview invites.

I am still waiting on my interview invite.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2017, 09:42
MBABoss,

Did you get ur interview invite?

Queens MBA Thread Master
B

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2017, 09:50
hsbinfy wrote:
MBABoss,

I still haven't gotten an invite. My application package was submitted January 18th.

Have you gotten your invite?

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 740 Q44 V48
GPA: 3

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2017, 11:10
Hello. I applied to Queen's MBA Class of 2019 earlier this year and got an interview invitation. I thought the interview was pretty hard, considering the other ones I had taken (Rotman and Schulich).

Queens MBA Thread Master
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2017, 11:32
GiovanaBR wrote:
Hello. I applied to Queen's MBA Class of 2019 earlier this year and got an interview invitation. I thought the interview was pretty hard, considering the other ones I had taken (Rotman and Schulich).

Can you give us an idea of what kind of questions they asked, length of interview, how many interviewers? Did you do your in person, via Skype or other?

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2017, 11:42
MBABoss, my interview lasted about 40 minutes, it was a skype interview, and I had two interviewers. I think that was a decisive factor why I thought the interview was quite intimidating. They were standing, and I was seated.

As for the questions, they were similar to other MBA interviews (go through your resume, talk about your goals, why Queen's, feedbacks you had, time when you were a leader, time when you were a team-member, etc.). I just thought they were a little bit more serious and skeptical about my responses compared to other interviewers I had. Overall, I think I performed much better on my other interviews.

Queens MBA Thread Master
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2017, 11:55
GiovanaBR wrote:
MBABoss, my interview lasted about 40 minutes, it was a skype interview, and I had two interviewers. I think that was a decisive factor why I thought the interview was quite intimidating. They were standing, and I was seated.

As for the questions, they were similar to other MBA interviews (go through your resume, talk about your goals, why Queen's, feedbacks you had, time when you were a leader, time when you were a team-member, etc.). I just thought they were a little bit more serious and skeptical about my responses compared to other interviewers I had. Overall, I think I performed much better on my other interviews.

Thanks for sharing! Let us know if you get an admit, and where you ultimately end the up studying.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2017, 12:23
Sure thing! If you have other questions about the interview I'll gladly answer them.

I'm still waiting for other schools, but I think I'll end up at Schulich, since they've offered me a good scholarship.

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 5

GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2017, 08:09
Hi all,
Is Queens or Ivey's MBA equivalent to Rotman's etc 2 year MBA? Im from technical background and looking for mba for profile change so will it be worth or should i go for Rotman etc?

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 5

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2017, 08:50
MBABoss wrote:
hsbinfy wrote:
MBABoss,

I still haven't gotten an invite. My application package was submitted January 18th.

Have you gotten your invite?

Hey MbaBoss,

Sorry i was bit busy, so couldn't reply.
Yes i got interview invite.
What about you.Have you received it ?

Re: Queen's MBA Class of 2019 (Jan 2018 Intake)- Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 15 Feb 2017, 08:50

Go to page    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8    Next  [ 145 posts ] 

Queen's MBA Class of 2019 (Jan 2018 Intake)- Calling all applicants!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, BrushMyQuant, aerien

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap