Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 04:43 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 04:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
WE:Analyst (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT Date: 09-05-2015
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V35
GPA: 2.65
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 510 Q42 V20
GMAT 2: 570 Q40 V28
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Queen's MBA Class of 2019 (Jan 2018 Intake)- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Thanks for the new thread... What were the video questions? MBABoss and gautamsinha....
to whom you people are dealing as ur application partner? I am in contact with jerieme....hoping to submit my application by early march...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Re: Queen's MBA Class of 2019 (Jan 2018 Intake)- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
saadharis wrote:
Thanks for the new thread... What were the video questions? MBABoss and gautamsinha....
to whom you people are dealing as ur application partner? I am in contact with jerieme....hoping to submit my application by early march...

The questions were behavioral in nature. You will be given 30 - 45 seconds to think and respond. These questions can be done without any prior preparation. But after doing the interview, I felt that I could have done it far better if I would have practiced more in front of the mirror.

Try to structure your response and try to finish the response in the time provided. You will get practice questions before the real interview. Practice as much as you can and be prepared for the original ones !

My application adviser is Karen.

P.S : I have intentionally refrained to mention the questions here as I think it would be a violation of the code of conduct and it would be ethically wrong.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 510 Q42 V20
GMAT 2: 570 Q40 V28
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
oh okay,,, thanks for the prompt response gautamsinha....
hoe much time is available to practice with the prac Q's before the real intvw?
no worries man, pray for the good...
i will pm you once i submit my app....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
saadharis wrote:
oh okay,,, thanks for the prompt response gautamsinha....
hoe much time is available to practice with the prac Q's before the real intvw?
no worries man, pray for the good...
i will pm you once i submit my app....

You can practice for any number of times for any number of hours. No limits !!.. Be comfortable with answering the questions while looking in to the camera !
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 292 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools: Schulich '16
Send PM
Hi ,

i have a quick question.

Is queens good for career switch.What do you think?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hsbinfy wrote:
Hi ,

i have a quick question.

I think it depends a lot on your current experience, and the direction you want to go. Queen's makes excellent managers and my impression is that the MBA has a lot of focus on strategy. You could use it as a way to pivot from your current role, but your past experience counts. If your looking to step into a specialized career, you may want to look at programs that will open doors to that industry, or look at where the faculty come from, and try to make connections once admitted.

Overall I think Queen's is a great school with a great reputation.

Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MBABoss wrote:
hsbinfy wrote:
Hi ,

i have a quick question.

I think it depends a lot on your current experience, and the direction you want to go. Queen's makes excellent managers and my impression is that the MBA has a lot of focus on strategy. You could use it as a way to pivot from your current role, but your past experience counts. If your looking to step into a specialized career, you may want to look at programs that will open doors to that industry, or look at where the faculty come from, and try to make connections once admitted.

Hope that helps!

thanks for the reply.
in the application process is interview a part of it.
or after reviewing the cover letter and recommendation they send interview invite?

-Harpreet
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hsbinfy wrote:
MBABoss wrote:
hsbinfy wrote:
Hi ,

i have a quick question.

Hope that helps!

thanks for the reply.
in the application process is interview a part of it.
or after reviewing the cover letter and recommendation they send interview invite?

-Harpreet

I believe after your application package has been submitted and reviewed, they will send out interview invites.

I am still waiting on my interview invite.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
MBABoss,

Did you get ur interview invite?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hsbinfy wrote:
MBABoss,

I still haven't gotten an invite. My application package was submitted January 18th.

Have you gotten your invite?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q44 V48
GPA: 3
Send PM
Hello. I applied to Queen's MBA Class of 2019 earlier this year and got an interview invitation. I thought the interview was pretty hard, considering the other ones I had taken (Rotman and Schulich).
Manager
Manager
Send PM
GiovanaBR wrote:
Hello. I applied to Queen's MBA Class of 2019 earlier this year and got an interview invitation. I thought the interview was pretty hard, considering the other ones I had taken (Rotman and Schulich).

Can you give us an idea of what kind of questions they asked, length of interview, how many interviewers? Did you do your in person, via Skype or other?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBABoss, my interview lasted about 40 minutes, it was a skype interview, and I had two interviewers. I think that was a decisive factor why I thought the interview was quite intimidating. They were standing, and I was seated.

As for the questions, they were similar to other MBA interviews (go through your resume, talk about your goals, why Queen's, feedbacks you had, time when you were a leader, time when you were a team-member, etc.). I just thought they were a little bit more serious and skeptical about my responses compared to other interviewers I had. Overall, I think I performed much better on my other interviews.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
GiovanaBR wrote:
MBABoss, my interview lasted about 40 minutes, it was a skype interview, and I had two interviewers. I think that was a decisive factor why I thought the interview was quite intimidating. They were standing, and I was seated.

As for the questions, they were similar to other MBA interviews (go through your resume, talk about your goals, why Queen's, feedbacks you had, time when you were a leader, time when you were a team-member, etc.). I just thought they were a little bit more serious and skeptical about my responses compared to other interviewers I had. Overall, I think I performed much better on my other interviews.

Thanks for sharing! Let us know if you get an admit, and where you ultimately end the up studying.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Sure thing! If you have other questions about the interview I'll gladly answer them.

I'm still waiting for other schools, but I think I'll end up at Schulich, since they've offered me a good scholarship.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Hi all,
Is Queens or Ivey's MBA equivalent to Rotman's etc 2 year MBA? Im from technical background and looking for mba for profile change so will it be worth or should i go for Rotman etc?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MBABoss wrote:
hsbinfy wrote:
MBABoss,

I still haven't gotten an invite. My application package was submitted January 18th.

Have you gotten your invite?

Hey MbaBoss,

Sorry i was bit busy, so couldn't reply.
Yes i got interview invite.
What about you.Have you received it ?
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts