It is currently 17 Feb 2018, 19:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Queen's MBA Class of 2019 (Jan 2018 Intake)- Calling all applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Other (Retail)
Re: Queen's MBA Class of 2019 (Jan 2018 Intake)- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jun 2017, 03:05
Hello all! I got admission offer on 8th jun.

Is there any whatsapp group of admitted students?
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.1
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Queen's MBA Class of 2019 (Jan 2018 Intake)- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jun 2017, 21:21
Bad luck guys. Couldn't get through. Congrats to all admits.. See you in Canada. [WHITE SMILING FACE]️[WHITE SMILING FACE]️

Sent from my Lenovo X3a40 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Schools: Queen's 19 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3

Show Tags

New post 12 Jun 2017, 01:34
Hi All,

I received an offer on 9th June, made my weekend. :-D

Is there a whatsapp group for selected students? Else, I can create one.

-Ashutosh
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 Jun 2017, 09:34
Hi guys

Got over with my Skype interview today. Really nervous about the result. They said it will be out in a weeks time. How is Queens MBA as compared to smu Singapore MBA ?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Jun 2017, 11:19
Question to recent admits:

Were you informed by their decision by e-mail?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Jun 2017, 21:12
I was informed via a Skype call
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3

Show Tags

New post 14 Jun 2017, 21:13
indigoleaf wrote:

I received via Skype.
Intern
Intern
GPA: 1

Show Tags

New post 22 Jun 2017, 22:55
indigoleaf wrote:

Hi all. I got an admit too on 9th June.

I got the information over a phone call first and then an email with the confirmation :)
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB '19 (D)
GMAT 1: 690 Q51 V31
GPA: 3.4

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2017, 04:11
Hello everyone,

I recently sent the documents to admission advisor and she recommended to apply. Although the admission is in waitlist mode, I am still pondering to go ahead with the application.

I wanted to know how should I frame my cover letter? Is over 900 word cover letter too big?
Queens MBA Thread Master
B
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
WE: Analyst (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2017, 12:24
jayjani wrote:
Hello everyone,

I recently sent the documents to admission advisor and she recommended to apply. Although the admission is in waitlist mode, I am still pondering to go ahead with the application.

I wanted to know how should I frame my cover letter? Is over 900 word cover letter too big?

I'd try to keep the cover letter consistent with what you would submit if you were applying for a job, and same format as well. I think mine was around 600 words, formatted to fit on a single page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current Student
B
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 690 Q43 V39
WE: Science (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2017, 12:45
jayjani wrote:
Hello everyone,

They want you to use your cover letter to address things that your resume or other documents will not do directly i.e. why do you want to be at Queen's and what do you bring to the table? Here are the two official descriptions they have used:
- a cover letter outlining current responsibilities and assignments, career accomplishments, reasons for applying to the Queen’s MBA and your professional and personal goals.
- outlining what skills you bring to the program, your professional/personal goals, anything that you would like us to know about you that is not contained in your resume and your motivation to study at Queen’s. The letter should be approximately 1 ½ to 2 pages in length and addressed to “Admissions Committee”.

The way I structured mine was to outline my goals, explain why Queen's will help me with these goals and then describe how these attributes, together with my existing competencies. will help me achieve my goal. They basically want to assess how clear of a focus/direction you have regarding your future and whether you have done your research.

As for length, I would keep it at 1.5 pages or thereabouts (formatting included - address, senders name etc.).
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.01
WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 12 Jul 2017, 07:38
jayjani wrote:
Hello everyone,

Hey hi. What do you mean by waitlist mode?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2017, 07:52
Hey guys, any insights into the type of questions they ask during the in-person/skype interiview?
Current Student
B
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 690 Q43 V39
WE: Science (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2017, 10:33
goingforthatmba wrote:
Hey guys, any insights into the type of questions they ask during the in-person/skype interiview?

Some of it is routine like walk me through your resume, why MBA, why Queen's, and what other schools did you apply to?

But the emphasis is really on you being able to present yourself as a team member and a leader because that's the essence of their program. I've seen Queen's faculty put it really bluntly: if you are not a team player, we aren't the program for you.

The best advice is to know your resume well, know your strengths (and weaknesses), and be ready to illustrate WHY and if possible, HOW, you have performed as a team member. Have a clear focus in regards to your future goals and don't be afraid to speak up/ask questions. So pretty much everything that applies to any MBA interview.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2017, 12:35
plk10 wrote:
goingforthatmba wrote:

Some of it is routine like walk me through your resume, why MBA, why Queen's, and what other schools did you apply to?

But the emphasis is really on you being able to present yourself as a team member and a leader because that's the essence of their program. I've seen Queen's faculty put it really bluntly: if you are not a team player, we aren't the program for you.

The best advice is to know your resume well, know your strengths (and weaknesses), and be ready to illustrate WHY and if possible, HOW, you have performed as a team member. Have a clear focus in regards to your future goals and don't be afraid to speak up/ask questions. So pretty much everything that applies to any MBA interview.

Thanks, I'll make sure to focus on the team and the leadership aspect.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 Jul 2017, 18:23
Anyone heard back regarding any more acceptances?
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.46

Show Tags

New post 23 Jul 2017, 20:42
Hi, just want to share my blog. You might be able to get some tips for the transition process to Canada. I've also included a set of Pre-MBA books to read. https://wondersuite.blogspot.com
Thank you!
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2017, 04:54
goingforthatmba wrote:
Anyone heard back regarding any more acceptances?

I have been waitlisted as the international quota seems to be full.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Aug 2017, 09:10
sidiitm2004 : Did you have an interview?
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Aug 2017, 15:08
reubenoid wrote:
sidiitm2004 : Did you have an interview?

Yes.

Re: Queen's MBA Class of 2019 (Jan 2018 Intake)- Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 02 Aug 2017, 15:08

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8    Next  [ 148 posts ] 

Queen's MBA Class of 2019 (Jan 2018 Intake)- Calling all applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap