Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 04:54 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 04:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10017 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10017 [0]
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10017 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling Haskayne (Calgary) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
If anyone is interested in becoming ThreadMaster for this thread, please PM your request to me. Here you can learn more about duties and responsibilities of Threadmasters be-the-coolest-guy-in-the-mba-forum-be-a-threadmaster-152204.html
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Re: Calling Haskayne (Calgary) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Reserved Post.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 570 Q48 V21
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Hello

I will be applying for this cycle. This is my profile

Bachelor of Engineering: Electrical Engineering: 66% [India]
Master of Science: Engineering Management: 79% [22/30] [Italy]
Work experience: Telecom Engineer 4.6+ [Italy]
Gmat: 570(48Q,21V)
Volunteer work (Certificate available)
Sports in university(Certificate)
English waived as English was medium of instruction during my undergraduate

Aditi
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Stern '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.01
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Hello,

I would be applying for 2017 intake. Any others?. We can help each others. Please let me know
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Guys,

Do we need to take Toefl/IELTS test? Most other schools don't ask for these if you have studied at a university where language of instruction is English.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 570 Q48 V21
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
I have given toefl and attached the unoffcial result in my application. But for other universities most of them dont ask if your undergraduate courses were taught in english.

Aditi

sidiitm2004 wrote:
Guys,

Do we need to take Toefl/IELTS test? Most other schools don't ask for these if you have studied at a university where language of instruction is English.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Please someone help me with this do I need to send official transcript before admission offer or unofficial will do for the time. Also GMAT and TOEFL do they need official scores and how much time they take on decision as I have another deposit date on 20 January. Tried calling their admission office many times during last week but will always go to answering machine and when sent a mail on 20th received an automated reply about gone on Christmas vacation will reply after 2nd Jan.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 670 Q50 V31
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Have all of you applied and got your decisions? I am planning to complete my application by tomorrow?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I don't know anyone who has received a decision yet. Good luck on your application. May I know your profile?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 670 Q50 V31
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Are you done with your app?

My profile GMAT - 670, 3.5 years work ex in consulting.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Great. Ya. Applied a week back. Waiting for a call

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 600 Q35 V36
GPA: 2.9
Send PM
Ram912 wrote:
Have all of you applied and got your decisions? I am planning to complete my application by tomorrow?

Make sure you send all the official transcripts and translations as soon as you can for Haskayne as they require it to start reviewing your application.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Guys,

Haskayne's average Salary mentioned in the employment report - $94264 is higher than even Rotman and Schulich...

Can we draw any inference based on this? Is Haskayne program better than the above mentioned programs in terms of Post MBA salary?

Thanks.

-Naren
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Difficult to say. Do they include the evening MBA grads salary in it? If they do then it might skew it on the higher side. But from my research average salary for haskayne is pretty close to rotman and schulich. May be slightly lower (say 5k approx) but the tuition fee is half that of rotman. So you know where you have better ROI. End of the day it's all about where you want to work post mba. If it's Calgary then haskayne. If it's Toronto (finance goals) then it is rotman/schulich.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
sidiitm2004 wrote:
Difficult to say. Do they include the evening MBA grads salary in it? If they do then it might skew it on the higher side. But from my research average salary for haskayne is pretty close to rotman and schulich. May be slightly lower (say 5k approx) but the tuition fee is half that of rotman. So you know where you have better ROI. End of the day it's all about where you want to work post mba. If it's Calgary then haskayne. If it's Toronto (finance goals) then it is rotman/schulich.

Hi Sidit,

Thanks for your reply.

Not sure if it is including salary of Evening MBA, etc.. In that case, you may be correct.

It was just mentioned as MBA Survey.. The file (MBA 2013 salary report) is attached with this post.

This link ( https://haskayne.ucalgary.ca/services/ca ... ary-survey ) has many such reports for years prior to 2013.

Thanks.

Naren
Attachments

Haskayne.pdf [1.41 MiB]
Downloaded 89 times

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V32
GPA: 2.9
Send PM
Hi

No, actually that is not true ..though Haskayne is a great college. Toronto and Schulich are in a different league altogether. It will depend on the specialization you plan on doing. Moreover, these reports are from the time when Calgary's economy was at all time high. Now, the scenario is remarkably different. And, also the global recognition that you will get from Toronto. Rest is up to you.
Peace
-abhihaan
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hello Abhihaan

Calgary is going through a recession. No points for guessing that. But assuming O&G recovers in the next couple of years it is still a good bet. Though rotman and schulich have a better brand value. But if someone wants to live and work in Calgary Then haskayne makes total sense. To put things in perspective, Haskayne rotman and schulich are all in top 10 Canadian schools but it depends on one's career goals. If you think globally then none of the Canadian schools figure in the top 50 (see FT report). Even rotman. But rotman is very good for someone who wants brand recognition and work in Toronto.

Cheers
Sid

GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts