It is currently 19 Sep 2017, 05:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Queen's MBA Class of 2019 (Jan 2018 Intake)- Calling all applicants!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Queens MBA Thread Master
User avatar
B
Joined: 26 Jan 2017
Posts: 60

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
WE: Analyst (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Queen's MBA Class of 2019 (Jan 2018 Intake)- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 May 2017, 11:24
amazingmat wrote:
740, 8 years of experience, mainly CPG sales and marketing , now in a tech startup for last one year.

Sent from my Lenovo X3a40 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


That's a nice profile, good luck! Let us know when you find out


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Jul 2015
Posts: 8

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Queen's MBA Class of 2019 (Jan 2018 Intake)- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 May 2017, 21:29
amazingmat I have 6.5 years of experience in tech consulting.......currently working for an MNC in Canada...got a decent scholarship from Queen's , as of now 1 offer

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 15 Mar 2015
Posts: 24

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3
Reviews Badge
Re: Queen's MBA Class of 2019 (Jan 2018 Intake)- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2017, 21:13
Hey Folks,
Congrats to all the Admits!
Can we all get connected?
Any whatsapp group or forum?

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Jul 2015
Posts: 8

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Queen's MBA Class of 2019 (Jan 2018 Intake)- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2017, 23:24
Please PM me your number.... There is a Whats App group

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 19

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 5

Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.1
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Queen's MBA Class of 2019 (Jan 2018 Intake)- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2017, 03:30
MBABoss wrote:
amazingmat wrote:
740, 8 years of experience, mainly CPG sales and marketing , now in a tech startup for last one year.

Sent from my Lenovo X3a40 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


That's a nice profile, good luck! Let us know when you find out


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I believe I should get a revert by next week.

Sent from my Lenovo X3a40 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 5

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Jul 2015
Posts: 8

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Queen's MBA Class of 2019 (Jan 2018 Intake)- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2017, 20:44
You have any other offers?

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 19

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 5

Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.1
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Queen's MBA Class of 2019 (Jan 2018 Intake)- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2017, 22:16
Prajit wrote:
You have any other offers?


Yes, Negotiating on scholarships.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 5

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Mar 2017
Posts: 11

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Queen's MBA Class of 2019 (Jan 2018 Intake)- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2017, 00:52
Hi,
Congratulations everyone who made it !!!

Guys Please review my profile for and give some advise 2018 admissions.

Personal profile : Souvik Shil, 26 years, male, Indian

Academic backround :
10th from West Bengal Board, India : 83%
12th from West Bengal Board, India in PCB : 86%
UG : B.Tech in Electrical Engineering, West Bengal University of Technology, 2013
Average Percentage : 78%
GMAT : Total score : 680 (Q48 V35)


Professional background:

1. Name of the Employer : Rural Electrification Corporation Limited (a Govt. of India Enterprise)
(28th Oct 2013 to 5th Dec 2014).
Project : Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Vidyutikaran Yojana, Eastern Zone.
Designation : Site Engineer.
Responsibilities : Management of Information System of RGGVY project.
 REC Quality monitoring, National Quality Monitoring.
 RGGVY project village electrification inspection with WBSEDCL (West Bengal state electricity distribution com. Ltd.)

2. • Name of the Employer: Kalpataru Power Transmission Ltd.
• Project : 220 KV (Double circuit, Twin conductor) DRC-Rwanda interconnection project, Rwanda, Africa.
• Designation : Engineer (Project Execution/Construction).
• Responsibilities :

 Site Management of all activities for installation of 220 KV Power Transmission line.
 Being a team leader motivate team to utilize team members’ skills.
 Planning & scheduling assignments to achieve pre-set goals within time parameters, Formulating long term/short term strategic plans to
enhance operations.
 Monitoring & Quality checking of all activities.
 Maintaining Health & Safety at site.
 To co-ordinate with clients & consultants for approvals and JMC.

Total Work experience: 3.5 years

Due to some family issues i have resigned from my work and returned. Now im preparing to retake GMAT (to improve), and at the same time teaches students of 10th 12th std. from my own village school. Also i have tried my hands on some small transporting business.

Kindly advise what are my drawbacks and how can i improve it.

thanks & regards,
Souvik Shil

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 19

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 5

Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.1
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Queen's MBA Class of 2019 (Jan 2018 Intake)- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2017, 11:06
Why the thread has gone silent guys... Nothing on the weekend... All waiting for revert like me... N those admitted got their own WA group? Keep the discussion on..

Sent from my Lenovo X3a40 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 5

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 19

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 5

Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.1
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Queen's MBA Class of 2019 (Jan 2018 Intake)- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2017, 11:08
souvikshil wrote:
Hi,
Congratulations everyone who made it !!!

Guys Please review my profile for and give some advise 2018 admissions.

Personal profile : Souvik Shil, 26 years, male, Indian

Academic backround :
10th from West Bengal Board, India : 83%
12th from West Bengal Board, India in PCB : 86%
UG : B.Tech in Electrical Engineering, West Bengal University of Technology, 2013
Average Percentage : 78%
GMAT : Total score : 680 (Q48 V35)


Professional background:

1. Name of the Employer : Rural Electrification Corporation Limited (a Govt. of India Enterprise)
(28th Oct 2013 to 5th Dec 2014).
Project : Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Vidyutikaran Yojana, Eastern Zone.
Designation : Site Engineer.
Responsibilities : Management of Information System of RGGVY project.
 REC Quality monitoring, National Quality Monitoring.
 RGGVY project village electrification inspection with WBSEDCL (West Bengal state electricity distribution com. Ltd.)

2. • Name of the Employer: Kalpataru Power Transmission Ltd.
• Project : 220 KV (Double circuit, Twin conductor) DRC-Rwanda interconnection project, Rwanda, Africa.
• Designation : Engineer (Project Execution/Construction).
• Responsibilities :

 Site Management of all activities for installation of 220 KV Power Transmission line.
 Being a team leader motivate team to utilize team members’ skills.
 Planning & scheduling assignments to achieve pre-set goals within time parameters, Formulating long term/short term strategic plans to
enhance operations.
 Monitoring & Quality checking of all activities.
 Maintaining Health & Safety at site.
 To co-ordinate with clients & consultants for approvals and JMC.

Total Work experience: 3.5 years

Due to some family issues i have resigned from my work and returned. Now im preparing to retake GMAT (to improve), and at the same time teaches students of 10th 12th std. from my own village school. Also i have tried my hands on some small transporting business.

Kindly advise what are my drawbacks and how can i improve it.

thanks & regards,
Souvik Shil

Hi Souvik..
My research n experience says that your profile is really good. Only strong GMAT is missing... Cross the 700 mark n you are set for best B schools in the world.


Sent from my Lenovo X3a40 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 5

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 May 2017
Posts: 3

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Queen's MBA Class of 2019 (Jan 2018 Intake)- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2017, 17:07
A

Last edited by Sp101 on 07 Jun 2017, 11:53, edited 2 times in total.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Queens MBA Thread Master
User avatar
B
Joined: 26 Jan 2017
Posts: 60

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
WE: Analyst (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Queen's MBA Class of 2019 (Jan 2018 Intake)- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2017, 20:23
Sp101 wrote:
I would like every international student to read this before deciding to come to Canada and Queens.


I'm sorry to hear your business school experience wasn't what you thought it would be. The decision to pursue an MBA, and especially an MBA from a top level program in another country is a huge decision - you will have potentially dedicated hundreds of hours studying for the GMAT and putting together your application package. Some will have delayed having a family, and invested every dollar towards their studies. I can understand when it doesn't work out, it hurts, and it's frustrating. That being said, bashing your school is defeatist, and probably hurts your job search more than anything.

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 19

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 5

Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.1
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Queen's MBA Class of 2019 (Jan 2018 Intake)- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2017, 20:36
Sp101 wrote:
I would like every international student to read this before deciding to come to Canada and Queens. First queens is a 1 yr MBA program. It absolutely isnt the fit for any international students looking to change career paths. Racism exists here in Canada especially when it comes to recruitment and you will know that very soon come OCR and even general recruiting after you graduate. DO NOT GO BY THE STATISTICS QUEENS PUTS OUT(ever wondered why their employment report is a joke 2 pages long with one page listing the companies people have worked in the last 5 yrs...they have amazon and BCG as part of that however in the last 5 yrs exactly one student got into amazon and one into BCG from queens MBA). I read the same and most others also read the same but the reality is very very different. First and foremost you have 0 chance of getting a job if you are looking to switch careers as an international student. second 35-40% of the 2017 class doesn't have jobs with the number being over 60-70% for international students after 6 months of graduating. Even those international students who have gotten jobs are people with direct relevant experience in their field. That is not true for domestic students who despite having no nothing work experience, lower GMAT (average GMAT for our class was 650 with internationals having a 700+ and being 45% of the class so average GMAT for domestic students is 600 or something) and lower grades get good jobs just solely coz they are white and/or Canadian. We international students coming from developing countries complain about nepotism but trust me the nepotism in Canada is the worst I have ever seen in my life(they call it networking/fit. i have had classmates who knew they got a particular job even before they interviewed just solely as they knew someone or their rich parents did). Its all about who you know and since you are new to the country you don't know anyone and hence it becomes much much more difficult to land something. Most of my international classmates including me are still looking for a job and survival at this stage is very very difficult. We have no money left after spending 100+k and have racked up huge student loans and are living in someone's basement or very very bad apartments just so we can survive. We never thought life would be like this after graduating from a very good university in Canada. If you are hell bent on doing an MBA i URGE you to consider going to the US. I know immigration isnt easy there but thats the catch which got all of us. We thought we would come to Canada as it is easier to immigrate here but whats the point if you are literally not getting any jobs at all. I am urging every international student to read this and literally requesting you guys not to come here unless you have loads of money. Getting an MBA in your home country at a fraction of the cost is a much better option and you will thank me for this later on. I know i am going to get a lot of bs for this post but this is the reality of life in Canada. You need to think hard and fast whether you want this life for yourself. You may succeed provided you have direct relevant experience but that isnt a guarantee either but if you fail you will want to commit suicide. I am not saying this lightly. Having 70-80k of debt and no job is literally the worst position to be in. You cant go back home as salary in your home countries wont be enough to pay off this loan (monthly payments range from 700 cad to 900 cad given the current exchange rates assuming you get a loan from prodigy) and you arent getting a job here. i know extremely smart people probably the smartest in our class without jobs and it literally kills your confidence upto a point where you dont know what you want to do with your life. This post is not meant to bash queens or canada but giving a stark reality of how life is over here as an international student. Dont expect a 100k job and a good life after you graduate coz most likely it wont happen for you. The rest is upto you.

Well most of us are aware of these facts when we apply for MBA and I think same can be said for any B school in the world. That said, you experience looks personal n thus be honored in its right sense. Thanks for sharing this. Can you pls share details through PM or by any other means so that your story can be authenticated.

Again thanks for sharing your thoughts, I hope it has right intentions. Best of luck for your job search.
MBABoss wrote:
Sp101 wrote:
I would like every international student to read this before deciding to come to Canada and Queens.


I'm sorry to hear your business school experience wasn't what you thought it would be. The decision to pursue an MBA, and especially an MBA from a top level program in another country is a huge decision - you will have potentially dedicated hundreds of hours studying for the GMAT and putting together your application package. Some will have delayed having a family, and invested every dollar towards their studies. I can understand when it doesn't work out, it hurts, and it's frustrating. That being said, bashing your school is defeatist, and probably hurts your job search more than anything.



Sent from my Lenovo X3a40 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 5

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 May 2017
Posts: 3

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Queen's MBA Class of 2019 (Jan 2018 Intake)- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2017, 20:53
A

Last edited by Sp101 on 07 Jun 2017, 11:53, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 May 2017
Posts: 3

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Queen's MBA Class of 2019 (Jan 2018 Intake)- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2017, 21:00
A

Last edited by Sp101 on 07 Jun 2017, 11:53, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Queens MBA Thread Master
User avatar
B
Joined: 26 Jan 2017
Posts: 60

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
WE: Analyst (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Queen's MBA Class of 2019 (Jan 2018 Intake)- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2017, 21:25
Sp101 wrote:
MBABoss wrote:
Sp101 wrote:
I would like every international student to read this before deciding to come to Canada and Queens.


I'm sorry to hear your business school experience wasn't what you thought it would be. The decision to pursue an MBA, and especially an MBA from a top level program in another country is a huge decision - you will have potentially dedicated hundreds of hours studying for the GMAT and putting together your application package. Some will have delayed having a family, and invested every dollar towards their studies. I can understand when it doesn't work out, it hurts, and it's frustrating. That being said, bashing your school is defeatist, and probably hurts your job search more than anything.


I am educating people about the realities of coming to this country. I am not bashing anyone or any school. I cant sugarcoat stuff and lie just to present alternative facts. BTW Queen's MBA is far far far away from a top level program. You see the average gmat of domestic students and their work ex prior to joining the MBA and compare that to the work ex international students have and you would know what i am talking about. Anyways i wont be replying further to this posts. I felt it was my duty to educate those who are thinking of Canada as a place to settle and i would strongly urge you to go to the US even with all the immigration issues it has. Coming here is just not worth it.


Good luck with your future.

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 11 Sep 2015
Posts: 18

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Queen's MBA Class of 2019 (Jan 2018 Intake)- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jun 2017, 06:23
Prajit wrote:
Please PM me your number.... There is a Whats App group


Please add me too in the group.

XXXXXX

Last edited by Pratikagarwal1989 on 09 Jun 2017, 12:12, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 11 Sep 2015
Posts: 18

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Queen's MBA Class of 2019 (Jan 2018 Intake)- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jun 2017, 06:27
Got an admit..!! :-)

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Queens MBA Thread Master
User avatar
B
Joined: 26 Jan 2017
Posts: 60

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
WE: Analyst (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Queen's MBA Class of 2019 (Jan 2018 Intake)- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jun 2017, 06:44
Pratikagarwal1989 wrote:
Got an admit..!! :-)


Congrats, welcome


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 11 Sep 2015
Posts: 18

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Queen's MBA Class of 2019 (Jan 2018 Intake)- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jun 2017, 07:00
MBABoss wrote:
Pratikagarwal1989 wrote:
Got an admit..!! :-)


Congrats, welcome


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Thanks :-P

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Queen's MBA Class of 2019 (Jan 2018 Intake)- Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 09 Jun 2017, 07:00

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7    Next  [ 137 posts ] 

    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
12 Queen's 2013 - Calling all applicants nikhilsrl 29 10 Jul 2015, 00:14
2 Queen's University MBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants MattyBoy 6 08 Mar 2012, 10:00
2 Queen's Class of 2015 Calling all applicants! Ilovecheese 4 02 Jun 2014, 07:08
6 Queens MBA Class of 2017 (Jan 2016 Intake)- Calling all applicants ! pradeepram 48 01 Dec 2016, 16:36
10 Queens MBA Class of 2018 (Jan 2017 Intake)- Calling all applicants ! vishwaprakash 87 01 Jan 2017, 15:35
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Queen's MBA Class of 2019 (Jan 2018 Intake)- Calling all applicants!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, BrushMyQuant, aerien



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.