GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Aug 2019, 23:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling Simon (Rochester) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake (Class of 2021)

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Dec 2017
Posts: 45
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
WE: General Management (Internet and New Media)
Calling Simon (Rochester) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake (Class of 2021)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Sep 2018, 10:37
1
1
Hey people,

Are there any Simon applicants for 2019 intake. If yes, can you please share if you have been able to get in touch with any of the alums for school review, admission/interview experience, etc. ?

Add Simon to your profile | Essay Questions

Founder
Founder
User avatar
V
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 17974
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Calling Simon (Rochester) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake (Class of 2021)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Sep 2018, 14:25
Why not ask in the Simon forum?
https://gmatclub.com/forum/simon-rochester-232/

Based on decison tracker - looks like 7 applicants so far: https://gmatclub.com/forum/simon-roches ... acker.html
_________________
Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
Want to know application stats & Profiles from last year? Check the Decision Tracker
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Dec 2017
Posts: 45
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
WE: General Management (Internet and New Media)
Re: Calling Simon (Rochester) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake (Class of 2021)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Sep 2018, 22:53
1
Appreciate your help bb . I also wanted to create a thread for Simon 2019 applicants so thought of starting of a new topic.
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 6658
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling Simon (Rochester) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake (Class of 2021)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Sep 2018, 09:06
1
sushforgmat wrote:
Appreciate your help bb . I also wanted to create a thread for Simon 2019 applicants so thought of starting of a new topic.


Let's make it an official discussion thread for Simon class of 2021. I've added stats table in the top post. Will add deadlines, and few other links this weekend.
_________________
2020 MBA Applicants: Introduce Yourself Here!

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Dec 2017
Posts: 45
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
WE: General Management (Internet and New Media)
Re: Calling Simon (Rochester) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake (Class of 2021)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2018, 02:07
Narenn wrote:
sushforgmat wrote:
Appreciate your help bb . I also wanted to create a thread for Simon 2019 applicants so thought of starting of a new topic.


Let's make it an official discussion thread for Simon class of 2021. I've added stats table in the top post. Will add deadlines, and few other links this weekend.


Cool. Thanks Narenn
Wisconsin(Madison) School Moderator
User avatar
S
Joined: 06 Mar 2017
Posts: 192
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Re: Calling Simon (Rochester) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake (Class of 2021)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2018, 11:31
Hello everyone?

Does anyone have the essay questions for University of Rochester, Simon Business School? Both mandatory and optional ones?
Also, if anyone have an idea about the average GMAT of 2018 intake?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Dec 2017
Posts: 45
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
WE: General Management (Internet and New Media)
Re: Calling Simon (Rochester) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake (Class of 2021)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2018, 06:32
siddreal wrote:
Hello everyone?

Does anyone have the essay questions for University of Rochester, Simon Business School? Both mandatory and optional ones?
Also, if anyone have an idea about the average GMAT of 2018 intake?


Hey siddreal Simon hasn't released their incoming class profile of 2018 yet. I remember one of their admissions team member mentioning (in one of their recent webinars) about the class profile being released in Oct or Nov. Will update here if that is out.

If it helps, 610 - 710 was their Middle 80% GMAT score of 2017 intake as per their website. You can check other numbers as well on their website.
Wisconsin(Madison) School Moderator
User avatar
S
Joined: 06 Mar 2017
Posts: 192
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Re: Calling Simon (Rochester) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake (Class of 2021)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2018, 06:47
2
sushforgmat wrote:
siddreal wrote:
Hello everyone?

Does anyone have the essay questions for University of Rochester, Simon Business School? Both mandatory and optional ones?
Also, if anyone have an idea about the average GMAT of 2018 intake?


Hey siddreal Simon hasn't released their incoming class profile of 2018 yet. I remember one of their admissions team member mentioning (in one of their recent webinars) about the class profile being released in Oct or Nov. Will update here if that is out.

If it helps, 610 - 710 was their Middle 80% GMAT score of 2017 intake as per their website. You can check other numbers as well on their website.


Thank you.
Also, I found the Essay Questions for this year, they are:
* Simon Business School
Essay 1 (Required): In 250-500 words total, respond to the following prompts:
-Describe your short-term and long-term goals for post-MBA or post-MS.
-Given the fluctuation of economic and industry hiring trends, identify a back-up plan should your short-term goal not be immediately attainable.
-How does your past education and experience support your career objectives?
-Lastly, what aspects of your intended Simon Business School program make it a good choice for your graduate study?*
Essay 2 (Required): In 25 words or less, provide us with an interesting fact about yourself not expressed elsewhere in your application. (25 word limit)*
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 30 Dec 2015
Posts: 11
Location: Viet Nam
GRE 1: Q167 V151
GPA: 3.6
Re: Calling Simon (Rochester) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake (Class of 2021)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2018, 15:43
I submitted on 15/10 and got an interview invitation on 18/10. Has anyone conducted an interview with Simon admission team? Can you share your experience?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 15 Apr 2017
Posts: 8
Location: India
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V33
GPA: 3.3
Re: Calling Simon (Rochester) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake (Class of 2021)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2018, 00:23
iceflower wrote:
I submitted on 15/10 and got an interview invitation on 18/10. Has anyone conducted an interview with Simon admission team? Can you share your experience?


What's your profile like (GMAT scores, work experience years)? I got an interview invite last year. Its almost similar to every other B-school. Aspirations, motivations for applying, work experiences, strength, weakness etc
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 6658
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling Simon (Rochester) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake (Class of 2021)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2018, 03:09
stressed wrote:
iceflower wrote:
I submitted on 15/10 and got an interview invitation on 18/10. Has anyone conducted an interview with Simon admission team? Can you share your experience?


What's your profile like (GMAT scores, work experience years)? I got an interview invite last year. Its almost similar to every other B-school. Aspirations, motivations for applying, work experiences, strength, weakness etc


It seems you got in to Simon last year. Wondering whether you accepted their offer.
_________________
2020 MBA Applicants: Introduce Yourself Here!

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 15 Apr 2017
Posts: 8
Location: India
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V33
GPA: 3.3
Re: Calling Simon (Rochester) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake (Class of 2021)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2018, 04:17
No, I could not. But have reapplied this year, haven't received an interview invite yet.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Oct 2018
Posts: 1
Schools: Simon '21 (II)
Re: Calling Simon (Rochester) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake (Class of 2021)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2018, 06:48
iceflower wrote:
I submitted on 15/10 and got an interview invitation on 18/10. Has anyone conducted an interview with Simon admission team? Can you share your experience?

Hi, my interview is scheduled for 26/10, can you share your interview experience?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 30 Dec 2015
Posts: 11
Location: Viet Nam
GRE 1: Q167 V151
GPA: 3.6
Re: Calling Simon (Rochester) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake (Class of 2021)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2018, 19:38
1
BZainab77 wrote:
iceflower wrote:
I submitted on 15/10 and got an interview invitation on 18/10. Has anyone conducted an interview with Simon admission team? Can you share your experience?

Hi, my interview is scheduled for 26/10, can you share your interview experience?


The interview lasted for 30 mins. My suggestion is that you should dress professionally, prepare well. The questions were nothing new. Why MBA, why Simon, your strength and what you want to know about Simon. Know your CV well since they will ask about your academic background and work experience.

Good luck everyone!
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 6658
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling Simon (Rochester) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake (Class of 2021)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2018, 22:38
iceflower wrote:
BZainab77 wrote:
iceflower wrote:
I submitted on 15/10 and got an interview invitation on 18/10. Has anyone conducted an interview with Simon admission team? Can you share your experience?

Hi, my interview is scheduled for 26/10, can you share your interview experience?


The interview lasted for 30 mins. My suggestion is that you should dress professionally, prepare well. The questions were nothing new. Why MBA, why Simon, your strength and what you want to know about Simon. Know your CV well since they will ask about your academic background and work experience.

Good luck everyone!


Thanks very much! Could you kindly share this on interview debriefs section too? Thank you! https://gmatclub.com/forum/simon-roches ... brief.html
_________________
2020 MBA Applicants: Introduce Yourself Here!

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
Manager
Manager
avatar
P
Joined: 07 Aug 2016
Posts: 109
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Consulting)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling Simon (Rochester) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake (Class of 2021)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2018, 13:54
stressed wrote:
No, I could not. But have reapplied this year, haven't received an interview invite yet.



Hey in last years thread you mentioned you received the admit.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... 39-40.html
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
Joined: 22 May 2017
Posts: 2582
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling Simon (Rochester) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake (Class of 2021)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2018, 20:29
gauravraos wrote:
stressed wrote:
No, I could not. But have reapplied this year, haven't received an interview invite yet.



Hey in last years thread you mentioned you received the admit.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... 39-40.html


gauravraos

From the conversation above, stressed received the admit but couldn't accept the offer. So, he reapplied this year.
_________________
Wisconsin(Madison) School Moderator
User avatar
S
Joined: 06 Mar 2017
Posts: 192
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Re: Calling Simon (Rochester) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake (Class of 2021)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2018, 01:06
Hello people,

I submitted my application in Round 1 and awaiting updates from the school. Did anyone receive any info from school lately?
Any invites or admits?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 29 Apr 2017
Posts: 12
Location: India
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
Re: Calling Simon (Rochester) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake (Class of 2021)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2018, 01:12
Received an interview invite today. They have invited for an in-person interview scheduled in Mumbai.

Posted from my mobile device
Wisconsin(Madison) School Moderator
User avatar
S
Joined: 06 Mar 2017
Posts: 192
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Re: Calling Simon (Rochester) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake (Class of 2021)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2018, 01:16
Arunima Sarkar wrote:
Received an interview invite today. They have invited for an in-person interview scheduled in Mumbai.

Posted from my mobile device


In-person?
Any idea whether alums or Adcoms will conduct the interview?
Are you from Mumbai? I ask so coz they invited you to Mumbai!!

Congrats by the way. :thumbup:
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling Simon (Rochester) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake (Class of 2021)   [#permalink] 07 Nov 2018, 01:16

Go to page    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13    Next  [ 245 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling Simon (Rochester) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake (Class of 2021)

  new topic post reply Update application status  





Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne