Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 00:16 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 00:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [1]
Given Kudos: 126
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling Kelley (Indiana) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021! [#permalink]
adityag27 wrote:
Hi.... Thanks for starting this thread. I have a concern revolving around the sliding ranking of Kelley over the past few years and any information about the employment scenario.

Posted from my mobile device

Hey,

here is the link for the latest employment report - https://kelley.iu.edu/recruiters-compan ... dex.cshtml

Regards,
HK
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 946 [4]
Given Kudos: 206
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.65
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Calling Kelley (Indiana) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021! [#permalink]
Kudos
Bookmarks
Hey guys,

I am a current first year at Kelley.

Though the classes are yet to start, we are currently at the mid of Me. Inc program and its a great fun with a lot of partying and social events in the evenings to complement the hard work that they are making us do during the day.

Feel free to reach out to me for any questions you have regarding the application process or in general about Kelley MBA.
VP
VP
Send PM
mihir0710 wrote:
Hey guys,

Though the classes are yet to start, we are currently at the mid of Me. Inc program and its a great fun with a lot of partying and social events in the evenings to complement the hard work that they are making us do during the day.

Feel free to reach out to me for any questions you have regarding the application process or in general about Kelley MBA.

Hey Mihir,

Thanks for your post. How is it at Kelley?
I'd apply this year to kelley. Any tips you can share from your journey?|

Regards.
HK
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 946 [4]
Send PM
Kudos
Hatakekakashi wrote:
mihir0710 wrote:
Hey guys,

Hey Mihir,

Thanks for your post. How is it at Kelley?
I'd apply this year to kelley. Any tips you can share from your journey?|

Regards.
HK

Trust me its a great feeling to be here at Kelley. I would comment more on this once I spend more time here but for now, I can say a couple of things :
1. The Adcom did a great job in assembling a class with great diversity. Just to give you a sneak peek, in my team of 5 people, we have an ex-Marine, a part-time snowboarding coach, an actor who also worked as an IT consultant, and a Brand Manager at a top Consumer goods company.
2. Inspite of this diversity there is one common theme in the entire class (and every member of Kelley - faculties, coaches, admins, etc) and that is the pride that they take in helping each other.

Few things which I did during my application process (and I feel can be helpful to others) are
1. Pair up with someone who is also applying this year - You can talk to him about various things in the application, you can push each other to meet the deadlines, you can talk each other out of frustration, and can often share ideas. I paired with abhimahna and we became buddies by the end of the application process.
2. Be authentic!!! I know it's cliche. But I can definitely say that a couple of my stories worked because they were mine and it had elements in it that represented my personality (and not someone else's).
3. Talk to people at Kelley (or any other schools you are applying) and you would know a great deal which you can't find online. Again cliche but I must have spoken to at least 3-5 people from each school that I applied. That's what helps you differentiate your "Why Kelley" answer from the rest of the herd.

I hope this helps.

P.S You might want to pin this post at the top to help other applicants.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
mihir0710 wrote:
Trust me its a great feeling to be here at Kelley. I would comment more on this once I spend more time here but for now, I can say a couple of things :
1. The Adcom did a great job in assembling a class with great diversity. Just to give you a sneak peek, in my team of 5 people, we have an ex-Marine, a part-time snowboarding coach, an actor who also worked as an IT consultant, and a Brand Manager at a top Consumer goods company.
2. Inspite of this diversity there is one common theme in the entire class (and every member of Kelley - faculties, coaches, admins, etc) and that is the pride that they take in helping each other.

Few things which I did during my application process (and I feel can be helpful to others) are
1. Pair up with someone who is also applying this year - You can talk to him about various things in the application, you can push each other to meet the deadlines, you can talk each other out of frustration, and can often share ideas. I paired with and we became buddies by the end of the application process.
2. Be authentic!!! I know it's cliche. But I can definitely say that a couple of my stories worked because they were mine and it had elements in it that represented my personality (and not someone else's).
3. Talk to people at Kelley (or any other schools you are applying) and you would know a great deal which you can't find online. Again cliche but I must have spoken to at least 3-5 people from each school that I applied. That's what helps you differentiate your "Why Kelley" answer from the rest of the herd.

I hope this helps.

P.S You might want to pin this post at the top to help other applicants.

Thank you for stopping by. Have pinned your tips at the top. Looks like you had amazing experience at orientation. Let HK/me know when you have a time and we can arrange a chat session or something?
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi Everyone,

Mihir agreed to our request and will be available to chat with prospective applicants this Saturday at 10:30am ET in our chat room. It's a great opportunity for all of us to learn what worked for him, and get valuable tips on essays, interviews, and other components of the Kelley application. I am sure he will also have many exciting things about Kelley's campus, classmates, etc. to share with us. So be prepared and join us on Saturday for the chat with Mihir.

Live Chat with Kelley Student
Date and Time: Aug 25, 2018 | Saturday | 10:30 AM ET (3:30pm BST; 8 PM IST)
Place: Main Chat Room
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi Guys, We are starting the chat in couple of minutes. If you are around, join the chat room to ask your questions to Kelley student.. https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat.php?fl=menu

Narenn wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Mihir agreed to our request and will be available to chat with prospective applicants this Saturday at 10:30am ET in our chat room. It's a great opportunity for all of us to learn what worked for him, and get valuable tips on essays, interviews, and other components of the Kelley application. I am sure he will also have many exciting things about Kelley's campus, classmates, etc. to share with us. So be prepared and join us on Saturday for the chat with Mihir.

Live Chat with Kelley Student
Date and Time: Aug 25, 2018 | Saturday | 10:30 AM ET (3:30pm BST; 8 PM IST)
Place: Main Chat Room
VP
VP
Send PM
Did anyone start their application process for this year?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 4
WE:Project Management (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Guys,

So I am a current student at Kelley 2020 batch.

Feel free to reach out to me for any queries regarding the school/process at gbhowmik@iu.edu.

A little about me : I have been working in Reliance Jio for the past 6 years in Mumbai , India as a Project Manager before joining Kelley in 2018. I applied to only 2 schools - ISB and Kelley (one Indian and one US school) - both in first round. I made my decision pretty early in December 2017 without applying anywhere else in second round.

I really love the college till now. Great professors who are always holding office hours to help you more outside classes.
No other schools in US had 55 companies visiting their campus in the first week of school !

More on those lines later.

For now, good luck with GMAT and applications.

Happy to help,
Goldy Bhowmik
VP
VP
Send PM
goldy.bhowmik wrote:
Hi Guys,

So I am a current student at Kelley 2020 batch.

Feel free to reach out to me for any queries regarding the school/process at gbhowmik@iu.edu.

A little about me : I have been working in Reliance Jio for the past 6 years in Mumbai , India as a Project Manager before joining Kelley in 2018. I applied to only 2 schools - ISB and Kelley (one Indian and one US school) - both in first round. I made my decision pretty early in December 2017 without applying anywhere else in second round.

I really love the college till now. Great professors who are always holding office hours to help you more outside classes.
No other schools in US had 55 companies visiting their campus in the first week of school !

More on those lines later.

For now, good luck with GMAT and applications.

Happy to help,
Goldy Bhowmik

Hey there,

It is nice to see you reaching out to current applicants. How is the community at Kelley like? The batch size is pretty small compared to other schools. Is that an advantage?

Regards.
HK
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 4
WE:Project Management (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Hi,

I feel small batch size is definitely an advantage and one of the primary reasons for my interest in Kelley in the first place.
Batch size of 185 is small enough for individual attention and large enough to make it extremely diverse - blends a perfect match!
By individual attention , I mean each of 185 students is mapped to a career coach faculty and is also assigned a dedicated peer coach (second year) to help you in every possible way right from adjusting yourself to the new culture to your job search objectives.
I wonder how difficult it would be to organise the same for a batch of 700+ !

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Goldy.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 946 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
In case you did come across this already: https://kelley.iu.edu/programs/full-tim ... day.cshtml
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 630 Q40 V36
GMAT 2: 570 Q32 V37
GMAT 3: 680 Q46 V38
GMAT 4: 710 Q47 V40
GRE 1: Q156 V158
GPA: 3.5
WE:Marketing (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Just a week to go for Round 1.

Anybody through with their applications yet?
VP
VP
Send PM
Spiderguy252 wrote:

I'm on it. It's the early round btw :)

Round 1 is later

PS- i guess Priority is R1 IMO
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 630 Q40 V36
GMAT 2: 570 Q32 V37
GMAT 3: 680 Q46 V38
GMAT 4: 710 Q47 V40
GRE 1: Q156 V158
GPA: 3.5
WE:Marketing (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Hatakekakashi wrote:
Spiderguy252 wrote:

I'm on it. It's the early round btw :)

Round 1 is later

PS- i guess Priority is R1 IMO

Ah ok. So what's the difference between 'Early' and 'Priority' then? :)
VP
VP
Send PM
I guess early is when you decided to apply to Kelley the earliest. It's similar to early round many colleges have.

I'm not entirely sure though

Posted from my mobile device
VP
VP
Send PM
Spiderguy252 wrote:

I'm almost there. How about you?
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts