GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Nov 2018, 00:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
28293031123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
2526272829301
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling Kelley (Indiana) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 818
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling Kelley (Indiana) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2018, 21:46
Spiderguy252 wrote:
Just a week to go for Round 1.

Anybody through with their applications yet?


I'm almost there. How about you?
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 14 Mar 2018
Posts: 8
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 4
Re: Calling Kelley (Indiana) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2018, 04:05
Can I send my recommendation after the R1 deadline is over? If yes, how long after?
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 818
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling Kelley (Indiana) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2018, 05:39
voldy wrote:
Can I send my recommendation after the R1 deadline is over? If yes, how long after?


It's safe to send the LOR by the deadline. Do it asap. If there's a delay don't extend it beyond a day
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 14 Mar 2018
Posts: 8
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 4
Re: Calling Kelley (Indiana) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2018, 05:52
Hatakekakashi wrote:
voldy wrote:
Can I send my recommendation after the R1 deadline is over? If yes, how long after?


It's safe to send the LOR by the deadline. Do it asap. If there's a delay don't extend it beyond a day


Thank you for the response. The thing is I didn't know Kelley takes 2 days to send submission link to the recommender. I added my supervisor's email around 5 hours ago and he hasn't received anything as yet.
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 818
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling Kelley (Indiana) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2018, 06:28
voldy wrote:
Can I send my recommendation after the R1 deadline is over? If yes, how long after?



Once you have uploaded your supporting documents and your application is complete, submit your application using the final tab in the eApp. You will be prompted to pay the $75 application fee by credit card. Remember, you must take the GMAT or GRE (and TOEFL or IELTS for international applicants) before submitting your application. Your recommendation should also be submitted by the deadline.


Point 8


https://kelley.iu.edu/programs/full-tim ... ine.cshtml
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 818
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling Kelley (Indiana) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2018, 06:30
voldy wrote:
Hatakekakashi wrote:
voldy wrote:
Can I send my recommendation after the R1 deadline is over? If yes, how long after?


It's safe to send the LOR by the deadline. Do it asap. If there's a delay don't extend it beyond a day


Thank you for the response. The thing is I didn't know Kelley takes 2 days to send submission link to the recommender. I added my supervisor's email around 5 hours ago and he hasn't received anything as yet.



I remember schools accept LOR for a day but sorry for the incorrect response. Have your recommender fill the LOR asap as it is mentioned on the website. Write a mail to the admissions team in case there is a delay
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Apr 2017
Posts: 39
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q50 V35
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling Kelley (Indiana) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2018, 07:56
I mailed the university asking about submitting the recommendation after the deadline and they said that it is fine.
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 818
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling Kelley (Indiana) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2018, 08:53
Naman5772 wrote:
I mailed the university asking about submitting the recommendation after the deadline and they said that it is fine.


Thanks for the update Naman.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 14 Mar 2018
Posts: 8
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 4
Re: Calling Kelley (Indiana) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2018, 09:02
Hatakekakashi wrote:
Naman5772 wrote:
I mailed the university asking about submitting the recommendation after the deadline and they said that it is fine.


Thanks for the update Naman.


Yes, they replied on my email too. :)
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 818
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling Kelley (Indiana) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2018, 09:21
voldy wrote:
Hatakekakashi wrote:
Naman5772 wrote:
I mailed the university asking about submitting the recommendation after the deadline and they said that it is fine.


Thanks for the update Naman.


Yes, they replied on my email too. :)



That's great
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 818
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling Kelley (Indiana) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2018, 20:48
Looking at the data from Decision tracker last year,

About 85 applicants in the Early round
40 were Invited to Interview
25 Admitted

so 50% interview and 60% conversion

Hope this gets better this year
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 818
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling Kelley (Indiana) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2018, 23:14
Has anybody got the call for interview over mail?

Regards,
HK
SVP
SVP
User avatar
D
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 1880
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling Kelley (Indiana) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2018, 01:43
1
Hatakekakashi wrote:
Has anybody got the call for interview over mail?

Regards,
HK



Slow down dude, It just started. I believe you will receive a call soon. I wish you success in your application. :)

What career aspiration do you target through Kelley?
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 818
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling Kelley (Indiana) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2018, 02:02
Mo2men wrote:
Hatakekakashi wrote:
Has anybody got the call for interview over mail?

Regards,
HK



Slow down dude, It just started. I believe you will receive a call soon. I wish you success in your application. :)

What career aspiration do you target through Kelley?


Hey,

Thank you for those very kind words. I wish you the same.

Looking at the thread of last year, Kelley invited students on 21st Oct 2017 for interviews and I was just wondering if that's the case this year and I was just checking it out :D

I aspire to get into consulting through Kelley, if not Marketing. I wouldn't mind any of the either. How about you?

Regards,
HK
SVP
SVP
User avatar
D
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 1880
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling Kelley (Indiana) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2018, 02:35
Hatakekakashi wrote:

Hey,

Thank you for those very kind words. I wish you the same.

Looking at the thread of last year, Kelley invited students on 21st Oct 2017 for interviews and I was just wondering if that's the case this year and I was just checking it out :D

I aspire to get into consulting through Kelley, if not Marketing. I wouldn't mind any of the either. How about you?

Regards,
HK



I target my supply chain capabilities blended with more business depth.

While you will enjoy and learning marketing in Kelley (as I attended a class with Prof. Rockney Walters while visiting the school), you will find hard to penetrate for internationals or rare to be employed as it is related to domestic culture. The consulting field is famous in Kelley in 2nd tier like Deloitte, Accenture, PWC....etc. Very handful make it to MBB.
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 818
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Reviews Badge
Calling Kelley (Indiana) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2018, 03:26
Mo2men wrote:
I target my supply chain capabilities blended with more business depth.

While you will enjoy and learning marketing in Kelley (as I attended a class with Prof. Rockney Walters while visiting the school), you will find hard to penetrate for internationals or rare to be employed as it is related to domestic culture. The consulting field is famous in Kelley in 2nd tier like Deloitte, Accenture, PWC....etc. Very handful make it to MBB.


That's very interesting to know. I had my own frozen food distribution company { a stint as a startup and supply chain reminds me of that }

I plan to not get into pure-play firms such as MBB simply because I feel that there may be more opportunities at other companies offering consulting one of their service as they are involved with other activities as well. (might not be true) I want to work at Deloitte, PwC, Accenture or CapGemini/ Oc&C where there is more focus on strategy consulting.

Regards,
HK
SVP
SVP
User avatar
D
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 1880
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling Kelley (Indiana) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2018, 03:45
1
Hatakekakashi wrote:
Mo2men wrote:
I target my supply chain capabilities blended with more business depth.

While you will enjoy and learning marketing in Kelley (as I attended a class with Prof. Rockney Walters while visiting the school), you will find hard to penetrate for internationals or rare to be employed as it is related to domestic culture. The consulting field is famous in Kelley in 2nd tier like Deloitte, Accenture, PWC....etc. Very handful make it to MBB.


That's very interesting to know. I had my own frozen food distribution company { a stint as a startup and supply chain reminds me of that }

I plan to not get into pure-play firms such as MBB simply because I feel that there may be more opportunities at other companies offering consulting one of their service as they are involved with other activities as well. (might not be true) I want to work at Deloitte, PwC, Accenture or CapGemini/ Oc&C where there is more focus on strategy consulting.

Regards,
HK



This is what you call it 'clear strategy', in that you need what you want. I will PM you with good stuff to prepare for consulting from now if you like.

Do not neglect maybe good opportunities in Distribution and Retail sector. The midwest is famous of it too. I have an alumnus of last intake who works now for Cummins In Memphis.
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 818
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling Kelley (Indiana) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2018, 03:58
Mo2men wrote:
Hatakekakashi wrote:
Mo2men wrote:
I target my supply chain capabilities blended with more business depth.

While you will enjoy and learning marketing in Kelley (as I attended a class with Prof. Rockney Walters while visiting the school), you will find hard to penetrate for internationals or rare to be employed as it is related to domestic culture. The consulting field is famous in Kelley in 2nd tier like Deloitte, Accenture, PWC....etc. Very handful make it to MBB.


That's very interesting to know. I had my own frozen food distribution company { a stint as a startup and supply chain reminds me of that }

I plan to not get into pure-play firms such as MBB simply because I feel that there may be more opportunities at other companies offering consulting one of their service as they are involved with other activities as well. (might not be true) I want to work at Deloitte, PwC, Accenture or CapGemini/ Oc&C where there is more focus on strategy consulting.

Regards,
HK



This is what you call it 'clear strategy', in that you need what you want. I will PM you with good stuff to prepare for consulting from now if you like.

Do not neglect maybe good opportunities in Distribution and Retail sector. The midwest is famous of it too. I have an alumnus of last intake who works now for Cummins In Memphis.


Very kind of you. Please do so :) I look forward to your PM
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Jun 2018
Posts: 2
Location: United States (GA)
Schools: Kelley '21 (II)
GMAT 1: 690 Q42 V42
GPA: 3.4
Re: Calling Kelley (Indiana) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2018, 09:15
1
Hatakekakashi wrote:
Has anybody got the call for interview over mail?

Regards,
HK



Hey,

I got my request for an interview sent to me today. Hopefully it's all going well for you too and you'll get yours soon!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Jan 2014
Posts: 2
Location: Pakistan
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.77
Re: Calling Kelley (Indiana) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2018, 09:39
1
Just received interview invite
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling Kelley (Indiana) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021! &nbs [#permalink] 22 Oct 2018, 09:39

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5    Next  [ 86 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling Kelley (Indiana) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: abhimahna, Hatakekakashi



Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.