Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 03:45 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 03:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5429 [6]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5429 [0]
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5429 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Calling all Emory Goizueta MBA Applicants (2019 Intake; Class of 2021) [#permalink]
Thank you so much for the info.

I am planning to apply one year program, with full sponsorship by the company, and i was told to apply on second round since i am an international applicant. Is it true that international applicants should apply on November?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 171 [0]
Given Kudos: 150
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE:Design (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Emory Goizueta MBA Applicants (2019 Intake; Class of 2021) [#permalink]
Shortymk wrote:

I am planning to apply one year program, with full sponsorship by the company, and i was told to apply on second round since i am an international applicant. Is it true that international applicants should apply on November?

I would say apply when your application is best ready. Last year, a majority of the class got selected in R1 and almost the same number in R2. That said, it doesn't mean you keep chiselling your application to make it 'perfect' for the 'next' round.

R2 is definitely tougher than R1 for international candidates, and R3 becomes even more tougher. This is because of two reasons: one, there are more number of applications in R2/R3; two, most of the class is already selected by R2/R3, so, you are evaluated against the already selected class as well (that's because the Adcoms look for a more diverse class). The fact is that the earlier you apply, the better it is. As an international, you are better suited applying in R1 than R2/R3. However, you have to evaluate your options. You should spend AMPLE time on your essays and applications before submitting them. My 10 cents would be apply BY November at max.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5429 [1]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Shortymk wrote:

Hey Shortymk ,

Thank you for your query. I am happy to help :)

If you are from an over represented demography, I would prefer you to apply asap but if that is not the case and you feel you need a bit more time to strengthen your profile, you can apply in R2/R3.

I know alot of international people from my batch who applied very late in the process and got into!

All the best :-)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GRE 1: Q155 V165
GPA: 3.87
WE:Marketing (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
I'm applying R1! Working on my essays now and interviewing as part of the open interview period. So nervous!

Heads up - they changed the 3rd essay to a video essay. :sad:
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
abhimahna wrote:

Essay Questions!

Essay One

Define your short-term post-MBA career goals. How are your professional strengths, past experience and personal attributes aligned with these goals? (300 word limit)

Essay Two

The business school is named for Roberto C. Goizueta, former Chairman and CEO of The Coca-Cola Company, who led the organization for 16 years, extending its global reach, quadrupling consumption, building brand responsibility, and creating unprecedented shareholder wealth. Mr. Goizueta’s core values guide us in educating Principled Leaders for Global Enterprise.

Provide an example of your leadership – professional or personal – and explain what you learned about yourself through the experience. (300 word limit)

Essay Three

Complete one of the following statements. (250 word limit)
I am passionate about…
The best piece of advice I’ve received is…
The best day of my life was…
A personal goal I want to accomplish is…

Essay Four

Share with the committee and your future classmates a fun or noteworthy fact about you. (25 word limit)

Optional Essay

If you have additional information or feel there are extenuating circumstances which you would like to share with the MBA Admissions Committee (i.e. unexplained gaps in work experience, choice of recommenders, academic performance issues or areas of weakness in application). Please limit your response to 250 words.

Reapplicant Essays

Applicants who have applied to Goizueta Business School in the past are required to answer the following questions:

1. Define your short-term post-MBA career goals. How are your professional strengths, past experience and personal attributes aligned with these goals? (300 word limit)

2. Explain how you have improved your candidacy for Goizueta Business School’s MBA Program since your last application. (250 word limit)

Hi,

I am in the process of writing Essays for the Goizueta. I have selected the 2 year Full time program. I am only able to see First 2 Essay questions along with the 3rd Video Essay options.
can someone please let me know why is there a difference?

-Srijan
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Application submitted for Round One :thumbup:
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Did anyone receive email saying "your application is completed and we look forward to reviewing your application" ?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
jess199210 wrote:
Did anyone receive email saying "your application is completed and we look forward to reviewing your application" ?

Yes, I did! A day after I submitted.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
howdytex2 wrote:
jess199210 wrote:

Did you receive interview invitation yet? Cos Emory seems to extend invitation by rolling ?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 2.4
Send PM
jess199210 wrote:
howdytex2 wrote:
jess199210 wrote:

Did you receive interview invitation yet? Cos Emory seems to extend invitation by rolling ?

I submitted 10/04 and received an interview invite on 10/08!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app[/quote]

Posted from my mobile device[/quote]

I submitted 10/04 and received an interview invite on 10/08![/quote]

So fast! I know they roll by regions. Maybe I ask where you are located??
No sure when they will extend Eastern Asia. ?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 2.4
Send PM
jess199210 wrote:

Posted from my mobile device[/quote]

So fast! I know they roll by regions. Maybe I ask where you are located??
No sure when they will extend Eastern Asia. ?[/quote]

I am actually located right in Atlanta :) so maybe that's why.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBAshark77 wrote:
jess199210 wrote:

So fast! I know they roll by regions. May I ask where you are located??
No sure when they will extend Eastern Asia. ?[/quote]

I am actually located right in Atlanta :) so maybe that's why.[/quote]

Oh no wonder. Good luck with interview:D
Manager
Manager
Send PM
jess199210 wrote:
howdytex2 wrote:
jess199210 wrote:

I interviewed during the open interview period. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.36
WE:General Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Does anyone know how the rolling interview invites for R1 works? I saw someone mentioned they roll regionally. Does that include different regions within the US?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Has any international applicants here received an interview invite? Please kindly share. Thanks

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 117 [0]
Given Kudos: 103
Send PM
Any one with interview invites in R1???
Thanks..
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts