GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 13 Nov 2018, 08:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • 4 Steps to a 5 Star Recommendation

November 14, 2018

November 14, 2018

09:00 AM PST

10:00 AM PST

Nov. 14, 9 AM PST. Donna Bauman, Senior MBA Admissions Counselor and Lisa Cummings, MBA Admissions Counselor at Stratus have read tens of THOUSANDS of MBA recommendations during their time on top MBA admissions committees.
  • MBA Interview Prep: How to Ace Your Interviews

November 15, 2018

November 15, 2018

10:00 PM MST

11:00 PM MST

Learn the steps you need to take to ace your interviews and get accepted!

Calling all Vanderbilt Owen MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake; Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Calling all Vanderbilt Owen MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake; Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Aug 2018, 22:47
Welcome everyone to the Vanderbilt 2019 Intake applicants discussion.

Let's use this platform to know each other, exchange ideas/information, discuss application strategies, share interview/school visit experiences, and boost each other's morale to face the tough admission process.

Happy networking!

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

MBA Section Director
V
Re: Calling all Vanderbilt Owen MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake; Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Aug 2018, 22:52
Admission Consultant
P
Calling all Vanderbilt Owen MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake; Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Aug 2018, 05:49
DEADLINES FOR VENDERBILT, OWEN GRADUATE SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT:

ROUND 1: October 19, 2018
ROUND2: January 9, 2019
ROUND 3: March 11, 2019
ROUND 4: April 29, 2019

ESSAY QUESTIONS

Essay 1: While business school is a time for exploration, we do expect you to have a strong sense about why you want an MBA and what you hope to do once you graduate. Applying to business school is an introspective process, and we want to make sure you have a good sense for what you want from a program, where you hope it will lead you and why Owen is well suited to help you attain your goals. In addition, you should understand what skills you possess that will be transferrable to another job or industry.

Optional Essay: If necessary, you may provide an additional statement to explain poor academic performance, weak test scores, significant gaps in full-time employment, lack of recommendation from your current or most recent supervisor, academic misconduct or anything else that you think is important for the Admissions Committee to know about you that is not already addressed elsewhere in your application. Please use the Optional Essay space in the online application.

Video Essay:The video essay is a required component of the online application. Our goal in asking you for a short video essay is to be able to get a glimpse of the authentic you, speaking without a script. The video questions are easy to answer and you should not be nervous about this. You will have time to prepare and to record your answer. Just follow the instructions on the application.

RECOMMENDATIONS:
You must submit two recommendations from supervisors familiar with your work. If you are not at liberty to disclose your plans to a current supervisor, you should provide an explanation in the optional essay and request a former supervisor, client or vendor to complete a recommendation. If you have little or no full-time work experience, you should obtain recommendations from supervisors of part-time work and internships, or a professor with whom you have closely worked.

Vanderbilt follows GMAC's Common Letter of Recommendation

Questions are:
1. Please provide a brief description of your interaction with the applicant and, if applicable, the applicant’s role in your organization. (Up to 50 words)
2. How does the performance of the applicant compare to that of other well-qualified individuals in similar roles? (E.g. what are the applicant’s principal strengths?) (Up to 500 words)
3. Describe the most important piece of constructive feedback you have given the applicant. Please detail the circumstances and the applicant’s response. (Up to 500 words)
4. Is there anything else we should know? (Optional)

Vanderbilt's Directions for Second MBA: Vanderbilt University does not admit applicants seeking a second MBA degree or a similar graduate management degree, regardless of where the first was obtained. Exempt from this policy are graduate management degrees that were earned at a college or university outside the U.S. in order to satisfy the four-year U.S. bachelor's degree equivalency requirement. Also exempt are master’s degrees that focus on a specific functional area of business (such as accounting, finance or management information systems), as long as it does not offer a broad general management curriculum typical of the MBA degree.

Vanderbilt's Directions for GMAT V/S GRE: The GMAT or GRE is required of all applicants, and the GMAT is preferred. The GMAT was developed as a test of the skills widely used in the first-year general core of MBA program work; therefore, your study of GMAT problems will help you build and refresh critical-thinking skills specific to your success in the program, well beyond the limits of the application requirement.

The GRE is considered on a personal case basis. For example, in cases where prior graduate study or a joint degree program requires the GRE, or where the GRE provides additional insight, we may accept or request a GRE in place of/or in addition to the GMAT.

Vanderbilt'sDirections for English Language Tests:
We will waive your TOEFL or IELTS report requirement if you have earned an undergraduate degree in a country where the official language is English (not just an English-speaking institution or country where English is spoken) or have lived and worked in an English-speaking country for the past two or more years. If you do not meet these requirements, theTOEFL or IELTS is required for admission. A TOEFL or IELTS waiver is automatically granted if a candidate scores 90 percent or higher on the verbal component of the GMAT or GRE.

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
Call me on my cellphone: +91 9901566772
Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask us for R2 Early Bird Offer

Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.4
Re: Calling all Vanderbilt Owen MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake; Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Sep 2018, 09:06
Hey guys,

I will be applying to Owen in R1 for 2019 intake. I was going through the International resources present in the official website. however, I couldn't find any student profiles in the Current Students tab. I have tried accessing the webpage via different browsers yet I can't see any profile. Anyone facing a similar issue?
MBA Section Director
V

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2018, 22:46
roykabir772 wrote:
Hey guys,

I will be applying to Owen in R1 for 2019 intake. I was going through the International resources present in the official website. however, I couldn't find any student profiles in the Current Students tab. I have tried accessing the webpage via different browsers yet I can't see any profile. Anyone facing a similar issue?

Are you referring to this page? https://business.vanderbilt.edu/mba/adm ... andidates/ I see quite a few student profiles listed there.

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2018, 19:56
Current Owen MBA student. I will be happy to provide guidance to prospective candidates.
MBA Section Director
V

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2018, 20:17
Maupassant9 wrote:
Current Owen MBA student. I will be happy to provide guidance to prospective candidates.

Thank you for offering your help! Would you provide any guidance on video essay component? What kind of questions applicants are likely to face? Any Dos and Don'ts?

MBA Section Director
V

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2018, 01:49
Maupassant9 wrote:

Can we have a thread like this for Vanderbilt? https://gmatclub.com/forum/current-kell ... 75620.html

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2018, 20:01
Narenn wrote:
Maupassant9 wrote:

Can we have a thread like this for Vanderbilt? https://gmatclub.com/forum/current-kell ... 75620.html

Absolutely. I am here to help prospective candidates.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2018, 17:07
Anyone headed to Nashville for Discover Weekend on November 2-3?
Intern
Intern
B
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2018, 02:25
Hello,

I had applied to Vanderbilt for R1 this year. I got an evaluative interview invite day before last night. I don't know when to schedule the interview and how to prepare. Any tips would be hugely appreciated.

Thank you!
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2018, 07:12
Hello bobthebuilder14,

Congratulations on the interview invite! Interviews at Vandy are conversational. Prepare stories to support your strengths and a short brand pitch. We are a very close knit community so culture fit is very important. We are competitive not cut throat, and you will have to align your personality to the school motto for success in interview. Be prepared to answer how will you give back to Owen community as this it very important criteria for selecting a candidate.

Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Vanderbilt Owen MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake; Class of 2021 &nbs [#permalink] 31 Oct 2018, 07:12

Calling all Vanderbilt Owen MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake; Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap