GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Aug 2019, 20:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Vanderbilt Owen MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake; Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V40
GMAT 2: 680 Q47 V36
GMAT 3: 700 Q46 V40
GMAT 4: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.53
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Re: Calling all Vanderbilt Owen MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake; Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2019, 11:07
The adcom who emailed me said they will update the portal at 5pm EST
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.07
Re: Calling all Vanderbilt Owen MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake; Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2019, 11:07
Buck92 wrote:
Im in! just got the call. no mention of scholarship though. Still excited.

Grats! This is torture :shh:
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 620 Q36 V38
GPA: 3.43
WE: Project Management (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2019, 12:50
Just got my call. Thinking good thoughts for all others!
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Healthcare

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2019, 14:30
Just received a portal update to confirm my admission. Maybe those who haven’t received a call yet should check their portals.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.07

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2019, 14:34
Welp there's another ding. That feels ****.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2019, 14:37
Dinged. Wasn’t expecting that
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2019, 15:10
So apparently my acceptance is conditional according to the portal. I will wait to see what the conditions are but I do wish that had been clearly communicated to me in my call today...
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Healthcare

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2019, 15:16
lit2biz wrote:
So apparently my acceptance is conditional according to the portal. I will wait to see what the conditions are but I do wish that had been clearly communicated to me in my call today...

Hi...not sure of your specific condition but my letter also stated some pre-requisites for admission on pages 2-4. Nothing much really, just some prep courses to be taken, orientation connect weekend etc. I am sure these apply to everyone so nothing to worry about.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2019, 15:29
rmamissah wrote:
lit2biz wrote:

Hi...not sure of your specific condition but my letter also stated some pre-requisites for admission on pages 2-4. Nothing much really, just some prep courses to be taken, orientation connect weekend etc. I am sure these apply to everyone so nothing to worry about.

This is what mine says:
Your enrollment is conditional upon meeting certain requirements before August 1st. If the conditions are not completed, prior to the start of Orientation, your admission will be rescinded and you will be invited to reapply for the following term.

I'm going to wait and see but from what I understand this is different from what other portal notifications have said. My portal does not outline the conditions and I will need to wait until my hard copy arrives to know what the conditions are.
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Multiple Decisions Reported  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2019, 15:30
Owen DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Denied, 52 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:730 (Q47 V44), GPA: 3, Industry: Manufacturing, WE 60, heard via: email
  • Denied, 56 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:710 (Q47 V40), GPA: 3.07, Industry: Law, WE 90, heard via: portal_update

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
B
GMAT 1: 660 Q46 V35
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2019, 14:57
I received a welcome pack from Vanderbilt today (A moleskine notebook and welcome letter).

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2019, 21:47
lit2biz wrote:

Got my PDF copy of my admit letter today -- the admit is conditional provided I complete supplemental quant courses before July 15. I really wish the initial notification had been worded less harshly -- it really put a damper on my excitement at the admit.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2019, 05:04
lit2biz wrote:
lit2biz wrote:

Got my PDF copy of my admit letter today -- the admit is conditional provided I complete supplemental quant courses before July 15. I really wish the initial notification had been worded less harshly -- it really put a damper on my excitement at the admit.

Standard for everyone. Congrats on getting in!

MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2019, 11:34
lit2biz wrote:
lit2biz wrote:

lit2biz

I agree. This kind of wording does reduces the excitement. Why don't you convey this to the adcom? They would love to hear feedback from the applicants especially admits :)
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2019, 17:47
workout wrote:
lit2biz wrote:
lit2biz wrote:

lit2biz

I agree. This kind of wording does reduces the excitement. Why don't you convey this to the adcom? They would love to hear feedback from the applicants especially admits :)

Definitely plan to give that feedback!
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Operations
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V36
GPA: 3.46
WE: Supply Chain Management (Transportation)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2019, 11:56
lit2biz wrote:

Did you submit a GMAT or GRE? What was your quant score? What quant classes did you take in undergrad? I'll be applying to Owen this coming fall and only took one college quant course (intermediate algebra (got a B)) and I have a Q44 on the GMAT so I'm interested to see your background. What type of supplemental quant courses do they want you to take and how many?
Intern
Intern
B
Calling all Vanderbilt Owen MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake; Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2019, 13:21
nodnarb wrote:
lit2biz wrote:

Did you submit a GMAT or GRE? What was your quant score? What quant classes did you take in undergrad? I'll be applying to Owen this coming fall and only took one college quant course (intermediate algebra (got a B)) and I have a Q44 on the GMAT so I'm interested to see your background. What type of supplemental quant courses do they want you to take and how many?

I submitted GMAT and I did have a quite low quant score (36), so I was expecting to need to take refresher courses.

I transferred statistics in via AP credit in undergrad, and I use stat analysis daily in work, but I was a foreign language major so there's basically no quant on my transcript. I've been asked to take the following courses at about a $300 expense:
- Owen Math Online
- Owen Statistics Online (even though I'm certified in a program through my work, no harm in a refresher course I guess. Also I'm really good at stats and think it's fun so I don't mind too much aside from additional cost)
- Foundations of Statistics
- Quant Foundations Camp
- Accounting Prep (recommended; not required. If I deposit, I plan to take this anyway)
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 660 Q46 V35
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2019, 12:26
https://chat.whatsapp.com/KBWEsT5KDSu0zPdGUSZ308

Whatsapp group for admitted students.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Vanderbilt Owen MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake; Class of 2021   [#permalink] 21 Apr 2019, 12:26

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   [ 98 posts ] 

Calling all Vanderbilt Owen MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake; Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status