GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Aug 2018, 03:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Johnson 2019 applicants - Class of 2020/21

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Jun 2017
Posts: 19
Premium Member CAT Tests
Calling all Johnson 2019 applicants - Class of 2020/21  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jun 2018, 03:10
3
1
Welcome all Cornell's Full time and one year MBA prospective applicants. Use this platform to know each-other, build network, exchange ideas/information, discuss application strategies, share interview /school visit experiences, and boost one-another's morale to face the tough admission process. Happy Networking!

Add Cornell to your profile

Cornell Reviews | Cornell Decision Tracker | Admission Deadlines

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Apr 2017
Posts: 13
Re: Calling all Johnson 2019 applicants - Class of 2020/21  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jun 2018, 16:46
In.

29 years old
Hispanic male
6 years enlisted, U.S Army
3.0 GPA, Big 12 public school in Texas
Taking the GMAT in August
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Mar 2018
Posts: 5
Location: India
GRE 1: Q170 V160
Re: Calling all Johnson 2019 applicants - Class of 2020/21  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 04 Jul 2018, 20:22
1
Interested

Originally posted by pallabs on 01 Jul 2018, 05:44.
Last edited by pallabs on 04 Jul 2018, 20:22, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Nov 2014
Posts: 14
Location: Thailand
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.4
Re: Calling all Johnson 2019 applicants - Class of 2020/21  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jul 2018, 09:48
Best of luck guys :cool: :cool: :cool:
VP
VP
User avatar
P
Status: MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Joined: 24 Mar 2015
Posts: 1384
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Calling all Johnson 2019 applicants - Class of 2020/21  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jul 2018, 21:04
1
Eric8923 wrote:
In.

29 years old
Hispanic male
6 years enlisted, U.S Army
3.0 GPA, Big 12 public school in Texas
Taking the GMAT in August
Hi @Erin8923, are you just introducing yourself? If you want to get a profile review I'd recommend you check out Ask Admissions Consultants thread.

http://mbaprepcoach.com
_________________

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Jul 2015
Posts: 10
Location: India
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.65
Re: Calling all Johnson 2019 applicants - Class of 2020/21  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Jul 2018, 03:45
1
Hi

Has Johnson released Essays for 1Y MBA Program ?

On the portal it says that this will be open on 1st Aug'18 but clearadmit has mentioned the essays for 2019-20/21. (https://www.clearadmit.com/2018/06/corn ... estions-2/)

Any confirmation on what are the final essays for Johnson 1Y 2019 Intake ?
MBA Decoder Admissions Consultant
User avatar
P
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 1362
Re: Calling all Johnson 2019 applicants - Class of 2020/21  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jul 2018, 22:17
1
rakshitsharma1989 wrote:
Hi

Has Johnson released Essays for 1Y MBA Program ?

On the portal it says that this will be open on 1st Aug'18 but clearadmit has mentioned the essays for 2019-20/21. (https://www.clearadmit.com/2018/06/corn ... estions-2/)

Any confirmation on what are the final essays for Johnson 1Y 2019 Intake ?



Rakshit,

B-schools normally release the essays before opening the application.

Check Cornell's website, the essays are posted there: https://www.johnson.cornell.edu/Program ... quirements
_________________

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772, +91(80) 40931397
Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

SERVICES| PROFILE DISCUSSION | BLOG

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 May 2018
Posts: 17
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Haas '21, Tuck '21
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.9
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Johnson 2019 applicants - Class of 2020/21  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jul 2018, 02:16
best of luck to everyone!
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
D
Joined: 28 Mar 2017
Posts: 1099
Location: India
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 4
CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Johnson 2019 applicants - Class of 2020/21  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jul 2018, 12:59
1
1
Hi All,

Application Deadlines:

Two Year MBA:
October Round: 10 October 2018
November Round: 15 November 2018
January Round: 3 January 2019
April Round: 10 April 2019

One Year MBA:
October Round: 10 October 2018
November Round: 15 November 2018
January Round: 3 January 2019
Rolling: 15 March 2019

Tech MBA:
October Round: 10 October 2018
November Round: 15 November 2018
January Round: 3 January 2019
Rolling: 15 March 2019

Please find below the excerpts from a chat session conducted by the Johnson admission committee on Tuesday, 17 July 2018 via zoom (NOT on the forum):

Query 1: Are candidates with a previous MBA degree eligible to apply?
Reply: Yes, candidates are eligible to apply. Please use the optional essay to explain your reasons.

Query 2: How can I connect with the alumni?
Reply: https://www.johnson.cornell.edu/Alumni

Query 3: I am interested in the Cornell Tech MBA program. Looks like there isn't an internship program included. Can you please elaborate on what kind of programs/career sessions do you have to help students finding jobs upon graduation?
Reply: Because of the accelerated nature of the program, there is no internship component; students already have tech experience, so this program is not suitable for someone looking to change careers or learn about tech. Furthermore, the work you do in Studio is comparable to a year-long internship due to the very hands-on and collaborative nature of the curriculum.

Query 4: I had only English as the medium of instruction while pursuing undergrad and post-grad courses. I think I am eligible for TOEFL waiver. How do I apply for that?
Reply: Upon submitting your application simply upload the supporting documentation showing the medium of instruction at your degree granting institution(s) was English and we will verify this.
_________________

Kudos if my post helps!

Long And A Fruitful Journey - V21 to V41; If I can, So Can You!!


Preparing for RC my way


My study resources:
1. Useful Formulae, Concepts and Tricks-Quant
2. e-GMAT's ALL SC Compilation
3. LSAT RC compilation
4. Actual LSAT CR collection by Broal
5. QOTD RC (Carcass)
6. Challange OG RC
7. GMAT Prep Challenge RC

VP
VP
User avatar
P
Status: MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Joined: 24 Mar 2015
Posts: 1384
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Calling all Johnson 2019 applicants - Class of 2020/21  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jul 2018, 03:01
gmatexam439 wrote:
Hi All,

Application Deadlines:

Two Year MBA:
October Round: 10 October 2018
November Round: 15 November 2018
January Round: 3 January 2019
April Round: 10 April 2019

One Year MBA:
October Round: 10 October 2018
November Round: 15 November 2018
January Round: 3 January 2019
Rolling: 15 March 2019

Tech MBA:
October Round: 10 October 2018
November Round: 15 November 2018
January Round: 3 January 2019
Rolling: 15 March 2019

Please find below the excerpts from a chat session conducted by the Johnson admission committee on Tuesday, 17 July 2018 via zoom (NOT on the forum):

Query 1: Are candidates with a previous MBA degree eligible to apply?
Reply: Yes, candidates are eligible to apply. Please use the optional essay to explain your reasons.

Query 2: How can I connect with the alumni?
Reply: https://www.johnson.cornell.edu/Alumni

Query 3: I am interested in the Cornell Tech MBA program. Looks like there isn't an internship program included. Can you please elaborate on what kind of programs/career sessions do you have to help students finding jobs upon graduation?
Reply: Because of the accelerated nature of the program, there is no internship component; students already have tech experience, so this program is not suitable for someone looking to change careers or learn about tech. Furthermore, the work you do in Studio is comparable to a year-long internship due to the very hands-on and collaborative nature of the curriculum.

Query 4: I had only English as the medium of instruction while pursuing undergrad and post-grad courses. I think I am eligible for TOEFL waiver. How do I apply for that?
Reply: Upon submitting your application simply upload the supporting documentation showing the medium of instruction at your degree granting institution(s) was English and we will verify this.


Thanks for posting this gmatexam439 very helpful info re: tech MBA.
_________________

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
D
Joined: 28 Mar 2017
Posts: 1099
Location: India
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 4
CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Johnson 2019 applicants - Class of 2020/21  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Aug 2018, 09:17
Hi everyone,

Today, I had a chance to have a coffee chat with one of the top shots at Johnson, Cornell. Please find the summary of the discussion in the following link: Coffee Chat with Admission Director - Johnson, Cornell - 02 Aug'18

I hope that is helpful!

Regards
_________________

Kudos if my post helps!

Long And A Fruitful Journey - V21 to V41; If I can, So Can You!!


Preparing for RC my way


My study resources:
1. Useful Formulae, Concepts and Tricks-Quant
2. e-GMAT's ALL SC Compilation
3. LSAT RC compilation
4. Actual LSAT CR collection by Broal
5. QOTD RC (Carcass)
6. Challange OG RC
7. GMAT Prep Challenge RC

BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
D
Joined: 28 Mar 2017
Posts: 1099
Location: India
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 4
CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Johnson 2019 applicants - Class of 2020/21  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Aug 2018, 05:26

Live Chat with Cornell Adcoms and Students


Hi Guys, Next week we have a chat with Cornell adcoms and students in chat room. During the chat, you'll have the opportunity to ask questions about applying to Cornell's Two-Year MBA, One-Year MBA, and Cornell Tech MBA programs. You will also be able to learn more about Cornell's performance learning approach, new NYC based curriculum, and life in gorgeous Ithaca! We will also be joined by current students who are looking forward to sharing their experiences with you.

Date & Time: Thursday, Aug 16, 2018; 11am Eastern Time (4pm BST, 8:30pm IST)
Join Link: GMATClub Chat Room
Image

Cornell team members participating in this session
  • Chelsea Hann - Assistant Director of Admissions & Financial Aid
  • Lindsay Martin - Assistant Director of Admissions & Financial Aid
  • Kim Szpiro - Assistant Director of Admissions & Financial Aid
  • Ethan Erickson - Current Student
  • Dev Murkya - Current Student

_________________

Kudos if my post helps!

Long And A Fruitful Journey - V21 to V41; If I can, So Can You!!


Preparing for RC my way


My study resources:
1. Useful Formulae, Concepts and Tricks-Quant
2. e-GMAT's ALL SC Compilation
3. LSAT RC compilation
4. Actual LSAT CR collection by Broal
5. QOTD RC (Carcass)
6. Challange OG RC
7. GMAT Prep Challenge RC

BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
D
Joined: 28 Mar 2017
Posts: 1099
Location: India
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 4
CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Johnson 2019 applicants - Class of 2020/21  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Aug 2018, 07:18
gmatexam439 wrote:

Live Chat with Cornell Adcoms and Students


Hi Guys, Next week we have a chat with Cornell adcoms and students in chat room. During the chat, you'll have the opportunity to ask questions about applying to Cornell's Two-Year MBA, One-Year MBA, and Cornell Tech MBA programs. You will also be able to learn more about Cornell's performance learning approach, new NYC based curriculum, and life in gorgeous Ithaca! We will also be joined by current students who are looking forward to sharing their experiences with you.

Date & Time: Thursday, Aug 16, 2018; 11am Eastern Time (4pm BST, 8:30pm IST)
Join Link: GMATClub Chat Room
Image

Cornell team members participating in this session
  • Chelsea Hann - Assistant Director of Admissions & Financial Aid
  • Lindsay Martin - Assistant Director of Admissions & Financial Aid
  • Kim Szpiro - Assistant Director of Admissions & Financial Aid
  • Ethan Erickson - Current Student
  • Dev Murkya - Current Student


Hello everyone,

The chat session is beginning in another half an hour! I hope everyone is going to utilize this opportunity to the fullest. Go ahead and ask your doubts.

Have fun!
_________________

Kudos if my post helps!

Long And A Fruitful Journey - V21 to V41; If I can, So Can You!!


Preparing for RC my way


My study resources:
1. Useful Formulae, Concepts and Tricks-Quant
2. e-GMAT's ALL SC Compilation
3. LSAT RC compilation
4. Actual LSAT CR collection by Broal
5. QOTD RC (Carcass)
6. Challange OG RC
7. GMAT Prep Challenge RC

Re: Calling all Johnson 2019 applicants - Class of 2020/21 &nbs [#permalink] 16 Aug 2018, 07:18
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Johnson 2019 applicants - Class of 2020/21

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.