Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 23:25 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 23:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 131 [8]
Given Kudos: 48
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 690 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.9
WE:Information Technology (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 131 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Tuck '19 (A)
Send PM
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51453 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Parmanu123 - I think you had a really good season last year. Thanks for chiming in. When are you leaving for Hanover? I also wanted to check with you if you'd be free to hang around to help some of us applying this year!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]
Parmanu123 wrote:
Best of luck in your applications ! I went through the process for Tuck last year ( and I will be happily joining the class of 2019 ) and in hindsight it was quite a fun and more importantly a transparent process . I found this summary to be quite useful when I was researching the school - https://www.gmatclub.com/forum/veritas-prep-resource-links-no-longer-available-399979.html#-essential-guide/Tuck/ and I hope it can help you too. Have fun !!

Posted from my mobile device

Thanks Parmanu123 and like Souvik said if you could help out applicants it'll be greatly appreciated.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Tuck '19 (A)
Send PM
Sure

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: CBS '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V39
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Any thoughts on when the essay topics and letter of recommendation questions will be released? Do the letter of recommendation questions usually change year to year for Tuck? Thank you!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 113 [1]
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Kudos
WestCoast7 wrote:
Any thoughts on when the essay topics and letter of recommendation questions will be released? Do the letter of recommendation questions usually change year to year for Tuck? Thank you!

Hey WestCoast7,

I created an account on the Tuck website and there was a message saying materials will be released mid-July.

Best of luck!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Just created a profile on Tuck's website. I know it's nothing but feels like an inch closer to dream school :D
Alum
Send PM
Expert Reply
I can't wait for Tuck to release the essays. Anybody knows when Tuck will release its international events? My reapp feedback included "please introduce yourself in the school events" - I am not going to miss them this year! I wish I could visit campus though.

Who else out there praying for Tuck?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
souvik101990 wrote:
I can't wait for Tuck to release the essays. Anybody knows when Tuck will release its international events? My reapp feedback included "please introduce yourself in the school events" - I am not going to miss them this year! I wish I could visit campus though.

Who else out there praying for Tuck?

Count me in brother. They will have an event in Seattle in mid august i guess.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Btw guys, Just wondering how does the applicant initiated interview system work? Are you supposed to schedule it after you submit your application or are the two things independent? Any idea?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.15
Send PM
mridulm1812 wrote:
Btw guys, Just wondering how does the applicant initiated interview system work? Are you supposed to schedule it after you submit your application or are the two things independent? Any idea?

Totally independent.
I interviewed in 3rd week of September and applied in November.

On the other note, even if you don't apply, just go there and meet them. For the experience of meeting them, interview and to try it out for self.
One tip: Accommodations around Hanover is expensive. You can choose a place in the outskirts of Boston - I am quite sure that is where you'd fly out to. It is about 2 hours drive and they also have shuttles - check times and all.
Alum
Send PM
Expert Reply
hiren2011 wrote:
mridulm1812 wrote:

Totally independent.

On the other note, even if you don't apply, just go there and meet them. For the experience of meeting them, interview and to try it out for self.
One tip: Accommodations around Hanover is expensive. You can choose a place in the outskirts of Boston - I am quite sure that is where you'd fly out to. It is about 2 hours drive and they also have shuttles - check times and all.

Hi Hiren,

Did you hear back from Tuck on your WL status? One thing that I have seen people caution against is interviewing too early, even before you have framed your stories and goals. What do you think about that?

I hope you got good news from Hanover. If you haven't though, will you consider reapplying?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.15
Send PM
Yeah, I heard back, "we don't expect anymore admit from waitlist at this time". Expected that anyway, so not disappointed.
I have admission from Tepper and I am not sure yet - I am working on submitting documents, etc with them.

Now back to main issue / discussion.
It is a great point Sauvik. Of course, it is better to have your stories and goals set before before we open our mouth. But let's go for generalization here - ~50% of applicants would have general idea by then whey they want an MBA. What I mean is, it is Tuck where we are applying to. October and November rounds pretty much fill in 60%+ of the class. Why would one want to wait for Jan round or later? And if we are to submit our application in EA or November round, late September is not too early to have those stories and goals defined - if not refined.
Second part is, the time frame - window of opportunity available to us. Student initiated interview process is available for only certain time frame and to make the most use of it, one need to start early and grab the opportunity.

Of course, I am going to sound like any consultant and adcom member when I say, 'apply as early as possible but when you are strongest'. It is a matter of balance. How long do you wait to get strong? Hypothetically, let's say one increases application strength by 20% in 3 months but in doing so if he misses first 2 rounds, what kind of drop in acceptance probability would he face?
In fact, my own experience at McCombs was exactly this. The question they got stuck at (and so did I), "Why wait till last round to apply?"

So, I totally agree that no one should waste opportunity to interview without preparation, but if possible, don't lose it either.

souvik101990 wrote:
hiren2011 wrote:
mridulm1812 wrote:

Totally independent.

Hi Hiren,

Did you hear back from Tuck on your WL status? One thing that I have seen people caution against is interviewing too early, even before you have framed your stories and goals. What do you think about that?

I hope you got good news from Hanover. If you haven't though, will you consider reapplying?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Given Kudos: 110
Schools: Duke '20 (D)
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GMAT 2: 600 Q48 V27
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Will Tuck change the essays? Do they have a habit of doing that every few years?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
dina98 wrote:
Will Tuck change the essays? Do they have a habit of doing that every few years?

Hi Dina,

No they haven't changed their essays this year.

All - My apologies everyone i havent been as active as i intended to be. GMAT prep and involvement here , both have suffered due to personal issues i have been dealing with lately. Now its time to put head down and get back to work.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: CBS '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V39
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
mbsingh wrote:
dina98 wrote:

Hi Dina,

No they haven't changed their essays this year.

All - My apologies everyone i havent been as active as i intended to be. GMAT prep and involvement here , both have suffered due to personal issues i have been dealing with lately. Now its time to put head down and get back to work.

Tuck hasn't released their essay questions or LOR questions yet have they?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Send PM
Essay questions:

Essays:

1) (Required) What are your short and long-term goals? Why is an MBA a critical next step toward achieving those goals? Why are you interested in Tuck specifically? (500 words)

2) (Required) Tuck’s mission is to educate wise leaders to better the world of business. Wisdom encompasses the essential aptitudes of confident humility, about what one does and does not know; empathy, towards the diverse ideas and experiences of others; and judgment, about when and how to take risks for the better.

With Tuck’s mission in mind, and with a focus on confident humility, tell us about a time you:

received tough feedback,
experienced failure, or
disappointed yourself or others.
How did you respond, and what did you learn about yourself as a result? (500 words)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 131 [1]
Send PM