GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Aug 2018, 06:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Consortium MBA Applicants - 2019 Intake!

new topic post reply Update application status  
MBA Section Director
D
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Calling all Consortium MBA Applicants - 2019 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2018, 07:44
Welcome all Consortium folks! Come forward, introduce yourself to fellow applicants, share your post MBA aspirations and motivations for MBA. I am sure a fruitful exchange of ideas and positive dialogue with co-applicants will help everyone immensely in your own apps.

If there are any reapplicants or current students, we'd love to know the last year's application experience!

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Intern
Intern
B
Re: Calling all Consortium MBA Applicants - 2019 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2018, 09:49
Hey! I am applying this cycle. Glad to see this thread getting started!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2018, 22:13
I am curious about how Consortium applicants are judged vs regular applicants. Does anyone have any insight into that?
Like if you are a weaker applicant, does applying through Consortium help you or hurt you?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Jul 2018, 16:22
I have a question that I also asked in last year's consortium thread.

It seems that the two LOR requried for Consortium is the same common LOR listed on the GMAC website. Although it is not on the list published on the GMAC site.

Can anyone confirm that this years will follow the common LOR? This is impeding me from giving my recommendation packet to my recommender .
VP
VP
P
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 29 Jul 2018, 04:12
teamryan15 I don't have an answer for you however there is a bit of time left and I'm a little concerned about how you are in haste to give your packet to your recommender...my question is have you fully thought through specific anecdotes you would like them to discuss and have you outlined those for them? Anecdotes where they have work with you and observed you model the qualities that business schools are seeking? There's always going to be a question about how you stand out from your peers and an example of handling constructive criticism this is virtually guaranteed so I think it would be best to apply your energies on really sifting through the best examples of this that would showcase your most unique qualities. And draft an outline for your recommender which of course they can go a different way.... but I think you're going to have a greater chance of success by guiding them... this has been my experience. When the application is open you can set up a dummy which isn't great but you do what you got to do.

http://mbaprepcoach.com

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Stern '21

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2018, 09:21
Hi Everyone!

Long time lurker but after speaking with a current Consortium member and attending a school event, I will be applying to the Consortium R2.

I initially planned on doing a PT program because of my low GPA, but I feel that if I perform strong on my GMAT and write excellent essays (with clear, thought out goals) then I should be able to get into a FT program.

I look forward to getting to know everyone who is applying this year and I hope we all can be a great resource to one another!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
WE: Asset Management (Law)

Show Tags

New post 10 Aug 2018, 07:21
Best wishes to this year's Consortium applicants. I will be attending a MAPS event to learn more about the program, and fellowship opportunities.
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 10 Aug 2018, 15:38
Can someone clarify this?

"While you may be admitted to member schools without a dedication to this mission, to be granted membership, you need to demonstrate a significant commitment. We use two key tools to assess your commitment to The Consortium’s mission. The first is the membership essay. The second is the membership recommendation letter from objective third parties (preferably former supervisors or professional associates)."

Does this imply you can get a recommendation from a former boss who can speak to your commitment to the mission as well as your professional experiences? How does this differ from the professional recommendation?

Or, is it stating that your membership recommendation must come from a supervisor within an organization you volunteered for or supported?
Re: Calling all Consortium MBA Applicants - 2019 Intake! &nbs [#permalink] 10 Aug 2018, 15:38

Calling all Consortium MBA Applicants - 2019 Intake!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap