GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Apr 2019, 23:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!

post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Other, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 690 Q44 V40
WE: Science (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Aug 2015, 05:05
This discussion group is for Consortium Applicants applying this fall to enter grad school in 2016.
Previous Corsortium Applicants Discussions

CONSORTIUM SOCIAL MEDIA

Tweets

FB Updates

Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.86
WE: Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Aug 2015, 05:12
It's about time....count me in for round 1 Tuck, Cornell, and Darden.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
WE: Corporate Finance (Transportation)

Show Tags

New post 14 Aug 2015, 08:58
About time as well, I know a number of people in the prior year forum asking about this new forum
Going for round 1 at Stern, Johnson, Ross, Darden, Tepper.
Has any one visited any schools yet?
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: Q168 V165
GPA: 3.08
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 14 Aug 2015, 12:42
I'm going R1 for Tuck, Haas, Yale, and Ross.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 650 Q39 V41
WE: Analyst (Commercial Banking)

Show Tags

New post 14 Aug 2015, 14:19
Good Luck!! Happy to help if possible.
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.86
WE: Asset Management (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 14 Aug 2015, 14:22
I have visited Johnson and I am waiting to see if I was accepted to Johnson Means Business. Stern-waiting on invite to Discover Stern, and applying to Ross Upclose. Not sure if I really want to apply to Darden, but JackSparrow....I remember you from the previous threads...aren't you an Alpha?
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 14 Aug 2015, 14:24
Hey Nai222, not an Alpha but I have been active in previous threads.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing

Show Tags

New post 14 Aug 2015, 15:23
Hi everyone, I'm going in R1 for Darden, Ross, McCombs, the LA schools and Haas. Excited to go on this journey with you all. Let's keep each other sane ;)
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 14 Aug 2015, 15:36
JackSparr0w wrote:

Any early words of wisdom?
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 14 Aug 2015, 17:27
JRAppz wrote:
JackSparr0w wrote:

Any early words of wisdom?

Well for CGSM schools, I'd say rank the schools in the order you really want to attend them vs. trying to game the system. I know there are sources that say the schools can't see your rankings, but assume the opposite.

For essays and all schools, before you start writing essays, take a look at the school's history. Try to find out who founded it, why, what were his or her life like. Do the same for the namesake of the school. For example, I remember reading about Ezra Cornell, and S. Johnson. One was like salesman or a farmer or something like that, he had two territories Maine and Virginia I believe and he didn't own a car so he walked the distance between the two. That kind of "by any means necessary" attitude should be reflected in at least one Johnson essay because that's the school was founded in.

During the interview process, I think there were a few things that helped me, each of which I think will give you a leg up on your competition. One thing I did was reach out to the office of career development at each school to get a better idea of how successful the incoming class and exiting class were at finding IB jobs (which is what I was interested in). Sure you can find out basic info from pamphlets, but if the pamphlet says 20% of the class went into IB, you wont know how to interpret that unless you know what percentage of the class was interested to begin with. The only way to get that info is to call and ask. Also ask to speak with a student that was successful during recruiting, see what they did, and ask why they thought other classmates were unsuccessful (language barriers, etc..) For Johnson, speak with the head of the IB immersion (Drew Pascarella, I think).

Have an idea of which classes you'd like to take, and which extracurriculars you'd like to be a part of. This plays well for two reasons. The first is obviously it shows you've done your HW. The other is it is a great way to answer "what is a weakness of yours" or any objections your interviewer may throw your way. "I see that your resume is lacking X, why would an employer want to hire you, or why should admit you" --> I understand that I'm lacking XY and Z experiences but I've spoken to numerous students who have taken this professors class, and I'm confident that the combination of his formal instruction and the informal opportunities through extracurriculars like... that I'll be prepared for my desire career. Or something like that.

Keep in touch with all the alumni you meet at events, especially diversity events and keep a list of people you have spoken to from the schools because you'll likely be asked "who have you spoken to?" or "how do you know this is the right place for you, and why are you the right person for us?" Meet for coffee, discuss their time at the school your applying to etc...

Pretty basic stuff, but its a lot of work, and half the people applying (IMO) will not put forth this level of effort.

Be yourself, you'll all be fine!
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 14 Aug 2015, 18:58
Time to select ThreadMaster. Last year bml1105 did a magnificent job as a ThreadMaster in Consortium thread. We need someone with such dedication to lead these discussions. Interested members may please PM me.
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 14 Aug 2015, 19:58
In for R1: Yale, Darden and NYU.
Manager
Manager
MBA admission is getting tougher as programs tighten up  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Aug 2015, 07:00
FROM The Consortium Admissions Blog: MBA admission is getting tougher as programs tighten up
Highlights from what we’ve read in the past week, including a review of admission rates for top MBA programs; diversity success at one tech company; and more.

[View the story “MBA admission is getting tougher as programs tighten up” on Storify]
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Healthcare

Show Tags

New post 17 Aug 2015, 09:08
I'm in for Emory, Indiana, UNC, and Georgetown. Good luck everyone! The application is officially open.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 17 Aug 2015, 09:37
Hey everyone! In for UNC, Emory, and UT Austin!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Economics
WE: Other (Other)

Show Tags

New post 18 Aug 2015, 06:44
Hello Everyone. My name is Courtney and I'm excited that this thread has finally been started. I will be applying R2 for NYU and Georgetown. I hope to get an invite for Discover Stern, so maybe I will see some of you all there.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Aug 2015, 06:49
Is anyone applying for a Joint/Dual Degree at their Consortium school?
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 18 Aug 2015, 07:52
CourtneyDelicia wrote:
Hello Everyone. My name is Courtney and I'm excited that this thread has finally been started. I will be applying R2 for NYU and Georgetown. I hope to get an invite for Discover Stern, so maybe I will see some of you all there.

I'm going for Discover Stern too in October, hopefully I get an invite, if so, look forward to meeting some of you all as well.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Aug 2015, 08:26
JRAppz wrote:
CourtneyDelicia wrote:

I'm going for Discover Stern too in October, hopefully I get an invite, if so, look forward to meeting some of you all as well.

JRAppz, Have you already applied to Discover Stern? I think the Apps are due September 30th (don't quote me on that).

The link is here to apply to attend: http://nyustern.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe1/ ... rPD313jDNz
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 18 Aug 2015, 09:07
CourtneyDelicia wrote:
JRAppz wrote:
CourtneyDelicia wrote:

JRAppz, Have you already applied to Discover Stern? I think the Apps are due September 30th (don't quote me on that).

The link is here to apply to attend: http://nyustern.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe1/ ... rPD313jDNz

I went to NYU last week for an event, I believe the deadline is actually September 1st. Working on my application as we speak.

http://www.stern.nyu.edu/programs-admis ... y-at-stern
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!   [#permalink] 18 Aug 2015, 09:07

Go to page    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  68    Next  [ 1360 posts ] 

Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!

post reply Update application status  

Moderator: energy2pe

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap