GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 13 Dec 2018, 23:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Typical Day of a UCLA MBA Student - Recording of Webinar with UCLA Adcom and Student

December 14, 2018

December 14, 2018

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

Carolyn and Brett - nicely explained what is the typical day of a UCLA student. I am posting below recording of the webinar for those who could't attend this session.
  • Why Do YOU Need an MBA?

December 14, 2018

December 14, 2018

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

Download Why MBA and learn how to determine your MBA goals and weave them into a compelling essay!

Calling all Consortium MBA Applicants - 2019 Intake!

new topic post reply Update application status  
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Calling all Consortium MBA Applicants - 2019 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2018, 01:34
Thanks energy2pe for sharing them on the thread. Are they common to all consortium applications? I am posting them on the first post so that others can find them easily.

energy2pe wrote:
STERLIKI wrote:
Hey everyone! Does anyone have the Consortium recommender questions for this year? Not the mission recommender questions, the questions that get emailed to your other two recommenders. Thanks!

How long have you known the applicant and under what circumstances? (1000 characters)

Please discuss any strengths you think may enhance the candidate’s performance in graduate studies and in a management career. (1000 characters)

What weaknesses do you think may affect the candidate’s performance in graduate studies and in a management career? (1000 characters)

Please make any additional comments which you think will help in assessing the candidacy of the applicant.

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
Re: Calling all Consortium MBA Applicants - 2019 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2018, 07:00
doloreshaze wrote:
ojlwens wrote:
Hey All!

Hope you're all finding success and hearing from the schools of your choosing. Just wondering if anyone has heard from UC Berkeley or UNC.

Cheers.

EDIT: Went to previous years' chats re: Consortium and Haas and it seems pretty consistent: They genrally send invites for consortium applicants late November though middle December.

I heard from Haas in late October, about 2 weeks after submitting my app. Definitely surprised they got back to me so quickly considering timelines from past years!

Congrats! I'll remain hopeful. Did you receive the standard "ready to review email" or were you otherwise notified? Good luck out there!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2018, 09:33
ojlwens wrote:
doloreshaze wrote:
ojlwens wrote:
Hey All!

Hope you're all finding success and hearing from the schools of your choosing. Just wondering if anyone has heard from UC Berkeley or UNC.

Cheers.

EDIT: Went to previous years' chats re: Consortium and Haas and it seems pretty consistent: They genrally send invites for consortium applicants late November though middle December.

I heard from Haas in late October, about 2 weeks after submitting my app. Definitely surprised they got back to me so quickly considering timelines from past years!

Congrats! I'll remain hopeful. Did you receive the standard "ready to review email" or were you otherwise notified? Good luck out there!

I received a "Thank you for applying to Haas" email a few days after submitting, then a few days after that (about a week after submission) I got the ready for review email. Interview invite came a week or so after that, which I thought was surprisingly fast... maybe I just got lucky with my first reader?

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.6
WE: Analyst (Energy and Utilities)
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2018, 12:09
Narenn wrote:
Thanks energy2pe for sharing them on the thread. Are they common to all consortium applications? I am posting them on the first post so that others can find them easily.

energy2pe wrote:
STERLIKI wrote:
Hey everyone! Does anyone have the Consortium recommender questions for this year? Not the mission recommender questions, the questions that get emailed to your other two recommenders. Thanks!

How long have you known the applicant and under what circumstances? (1000 characters)

Please discuss any strengths you think may enhance the candidate’s performance in graduate studies and in a management career. (1000 characters)

What weaknesses do you think may affect the candidate’s performance in graduate studies and in a management career? (1000 characters)

Please make any additional comments which you think will help in assessing the candidacy of the applicant.

Not sure what you mean by all consortium applications?

I think these are the same for regular recommenders (non-consortium recs). But pretty sure they are different for the Consortium recommender.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2018, 11:02
Anyone applied R1 hear from Haas, Yale SOM, or Tuck for interviews yet? Getting close to the decision dates and haven't heard. Probably bad sign :?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2018, 11:16
forgingandcasting wrote:
Anyone applied R1 hear from Haas, Yale SOM, or Tuck for interviews yet? Getting close to the decision dates and haven't heard. Probably bad sign :?

I wouldn't get too bummed out! Looking back at historical Consortium forums you can see that a lot of these schools didn't do their major consortium push until Thanksgiving!

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2018, 11:30
ojlwens wrote:
forgingandcasting wrote:

I wouldn't get too bummed out! Looking back at historical Consortium forums you can see that a lot of these schools didn't do their major consortium push until Thanksgiving!

Good luck!

Good point. But aren't most of the decisions for these 1st and 2nd week of December? Feels like they're cutting it close...
Intern
Intern
B
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 14 Nov 2018, 12:22
forgingandcasting wrote:
ojlwens wrote:
forgingandcasting wrote:

Good luck!

Good point. But aren't most of the decisions for these 1st and 2nd week of December? Feels like they're cutting it close...

My original message deleted...

Check the Haas thread. Someone posted analysis of last couple of years invites. Looks like they are about half way through barely.

Good luck!

Originally posted by energy2pe on 14 Nov 2018, 11:32.
Last edited by energy2pe on 14 Nov 2018, 12:22, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2018, 11:49
forgingandcasting wrote:
ojlwens wrote:
forgingandcasting wrote:

I don't disagree but everyone from last year noted the quick turn around- some had interviews the very next after receiving an invite. I'm going to remain positive- you should too!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2018, 13:27
[/quote]

I don't disagree but everyone from last year noted the quick turn around- some had interviews the very next after receiving an invite. I'm going to remain positive- you should too![/quote]

Oh cool. There's still hope! thank you for the detail
Intern
Intern
B
GRE 1: Q150 V151
GPA: 3.12

Show Tags

New post 15 Nov 2018, 03:44
Just got an interview invite from Olin and yesterday denied from USC. I hadn’t heard from other schools yet.

Intern
Intern
B
GRE 1: Q170 V164
GPA: 3.75
WE: Project Management (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 15 Nov 2018, 05:22
I interviewed with Yale SOM. I received their interview invite even before my application was released by the Consortium.

I also received an email today from a consortium fellow at Georgetown congratulating me on my admissions interview, but I did not get an invite yet. I'm a bit confused about that.
Intern
Intern
B
GRE 1: Q150 V151
GPA: 3.12

Show Tags

New post 15 Nov 2018, 05:43
Nice I’d love to be in your shoes best of luck

Intern
Intern
B
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2018, 11:10
Tuck and Yale SOM decisions come out next week.... @__@

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2018, 11:12
energy2pe wrote:

I didn't get an interview from either and tuck never sent me a log in to their application. Does this mean a straight rejection?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2018, 11:14
energy2pe wrote:

ahhh, nervous! I keep going back and forth between thinking I'll get in somewhere great and thinking I'll get rejected everywhere... leaning toward the latter now after getting dinged by CBS :(
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2018, 11:15
doloreshaze wrote:
energy2pe wrote:

ahhh, nervous! I keep going back and forth between thinking I'll get in somewhere great and thinking I'll get rejected everywhere... leaning toward the latter now after getting dinged by CBS :(

Did you apply ED to CBS?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2018, 11:18
mba2018pls wrote:
doloreshaze wrote:
energy2pe wrote:

Did you apply ED to CBS?

Nope, I applied RD (submitted mid-September). I thought my essays were fairly strong too, so I'm worried that it reflects that the rest of my profile is weaker than I had hoped. Fingers crossed!
Intern
Intern
B
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2018, 12:05
mba2018pls wrote:
energy2pe wrote:

I didn't get an interview from either and tuck never sent me a log in to their application. Does this mean a straight rejection?

Hopefully not :)

Did you do the applicant initiated interview for Tuck?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2018, 12:08
energy2pe wrote:
mba2018pls wrote:
energy2pe wrote:

Hopefully not :)

Did you do the applicant initiated interview for Tuck?

I couldn't unfortunately. Im on the west coast
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Consortium MBA Applicants - 2019 Intake! &nbs [#permalink] 26 Nov 2018, 12:08

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5    Next  [ 91 posts ] 

Calling all Consortium MBA Applicants - 2019 Intake!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap